2/5/05 Eastern--anyone booked?

All our bags are packed, we're ready to go......the whole family is singing that song!

We got our $2 bills today for tips. It just started snowing here but it's 70 degrees in FLORIDA!!!!! I keep reminding all of my co-workers about this and I do believe I am getting on their nerves. Oh well! See y'all on Saturday!!!

Stacy, Ken, DD Morgan 10 :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRUISE STRESS!!!!

My daughter has an ear infection and a 103 fever! We are leaving her and my 4 year old son with my wifes best friend and her parents, so I know that she will be well taken care of, but it always has to be something when it comes to vacations.

Last year when we went to Disney, my son threw up in the car right as we got to the airport. And I was taking his car seat with us. And we were 50 minutes from flight time.

Hopefully all will work out OK.

Scott

I know that everything will work out,

Just a quick note to wish you all well on your journey... We leave in five hours for the airport and I am still packing. Hopefully we will be sleeping on the plane ride to Atlanta.

In case anyone is flying Delta West/East - the in flight movie is Ladder 49.

See you Saturday!

Renée

Welcome back everyone! Since I didn't have the chance to meet any of you on board, I would love to see what everyone thought about the cruise. We had a great time. Missing CC was of course a huge disappointment. I've said on another thread, if Disney is going to build it up SOOO much they really should have a back up plan.

But we enjoyed that day at sea anyway. We had William and Oka as servers and absolutely loved them. The kids loved them too. At Palos dinner we had Sasha who brought us so much extra food it was stunning. We had Anne Marie at Palos brunch and she was delightful as well.

The kids weren't in the club as much as I had anticipated, but it was probably due to the fact that they were split into different age groups from their cousins. My sister was rather unhappy with her two experiences with flounders. Overall my kids club experience was good.

I was surprised at how much the Mickey pool was closed! Is that normal? Luckily most of the kids in our group could handle the goofy pool.

My D7 came home with a riproaring stomach virus. Threw up the first time Friday night in our cabin and didn't stop until Sunday evening. My husband just got it this morning.

The seas on Saturday night and Sunday morning almost did my mom and I in. I slept through our character breakfast on Sun morning and the seas began to calm. We both felt much better by lunch time.

Our group of 17 had a great time. My inlaws were trying to get us to all rebook onboard. I would have in a heartbeat if I had $1000 to put down!

So what were your experiences? I'd love to remember the magic with someone else!

Oh yeah a couple more things.

Has anyone else had trouble getting their land legs back? I am amazed at the rocking still taking place back here on land!

Dumbest thing I did on this trip - I left a large suitcase in Florida. There were 17 of us and a ton of luggage and somehow one of my many bags was overlooked at the budget rental place in Port Canveral. Looks like it's going to cost me about $150 to get it back!

Did anyone else love their servers? If so how much did you tip them if any above the recommended amount? We were also a bit lost on tipping at Palos. How much do you tip there?

This was our first cruise experience, and had an absolutely FABULOUS time!!! We arrived at the terminal much later than planned at 11:30. The check-in line was very long. But once we made it through there it was a breeze--we got the kids checked in at the kids clubs, got Palo reservations, signed up for the Wine Tasting and found our room all by 2:00.

Our DS10 was able to check himself in and out of the Oceaneers Lab by himself, and our pager never went off the entire week. He had a great time when he was there, but he only went for a few hours a day. Our DS13 never went to the Stack after the first day, but found plenty of other things to do.

We had early dinner seating, and our servers (Roberto & Baiyok) were the greatest! They bent over backwards for us all week!!! We all wanted to take them home with us so bad! Definitely tipped well above the suggested amount. Funny, I had read on these boards before we left about tipping above and beyond, but I figured they should do their job well and the suggested amount should be satisfactory. However, I was so blown away by the level of service, they absolutely deserved more! And about Palo...what more could be said about that? It was the best dining experience I've ever had, and the most I've ever eaten. Sasha was our server, and I can't recommend him highly enough.

St. Martin was fabulous--my DS10 & I did the Dolphin Encounter on Anguilla while DH & DS13 did the 12 meter Regatta--we thoroughly enjoyed them both. DH said the shopping (or rather, the vendors) were a little scary when they tried to "pull" you into the stores, but nothing he couldn't handle.

The St. Thomas immigration check took us only about 20 minutes total, but we were in the first group since we had a morning excursion planned. We ended up cancelled our snorkeling excursion to St. John when the location was changed (the new location didn't really have a beach, and I didn't know how the kids would like snorkling--first time for both), so we got a refund and went shopping and sight-seeing instead. Took a taxi (that was a thrill ride in itself) to the Paradise Point Tram--absoultely beautiful scenery! Shopping was good, and much more "controlled" since it was a U.S. territory.

We loved the evening shows--even the kids did, which kind of surprised me, but they wanted to come with us every night. My DS13 about died laughing at the comedian on the last night.

But one of the best parts of the entire cruise was all of the wonderful people we met along the way, especially at breakfast, lunch and the late night buffets. We learned so much, and had a great time with you all. A HUGE thank you to fellow DIS'ers Stacy, Ken and Tracy for sharing your Palo dinner with us on Monday night--you guys are the best! We also met Denise & Tom & their family briefly one evening as we were waiting for formal pictures--they were very nice! We did the meet on the first day, but I was still frazzled from all the chaos so wasn't as sociable as I am normally. Most of those I met there, we unfortunately didn't see again. I hope you all had a great time though.

Obviously disappointed that we didn't get to Castaway Cay, but we had such a great time anyway, that we rebooked for October 2006 (with TWO stops at Castaway Cay). I don't know how I'll be able to wait until then!!!

Yes, still getting my land legs back. Today, I almost feel normal again. Surprised by how much rocking I was still doing yesterday. Fortunately, none of us got sick on the ship--not from the waves or food. Boy, returning to reality is a tough thing--have to clean and cook again--it sucks! Got my pictures back already and am so excited to start my scrapbook and relive all the memories. Thanks to all of you for sharing!

Disneyfalcon: Was the bag you lost a blue duffle bag. If so we sent it after you on the next van. We were wondering why the Budget shuttle ahead of us was not leaving the port - after you finally did leave a porter brought a blue duffle bag that he said belonged to someone renting from budget. We assumed that was why the shuttle ahead of us had not left right away and sent the duffle on the shuttle behind you - we did'nt make that shuttle. Sorry to hear that you didn't get your bag.

Brenda Thurmes
BmarieT@aol.com

Hi BMarieT! Nope unfortunately my bag was a LARGE/HEAVY black suitcase. The only thing we can figure is it didn't make it off the budget van because it was not in our pile when we loaded up the cars!
I wish it was a duffle bag, it would have been cheaper to mail! :rotfl2:
Thanks though! Did you have a good cruise? No one else seems to want to talk about it now that it's over! :teeth:

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time on your cruise. :earsboy: We also had a wonderful cruise - unfortunately I didn't get to meet any of you. We were traveling with a large group so I didn't make it to the meet - although many times in the hot tub and at shows I wondered if I was sitting next to an online friend :goodvibes I thought the seas were a bit rougher than our last 3 cruises, and the sail away party was certainly cold - but I was with good friends and much warmer than I would have been in MN:) St. Maarten and St. Thomas were beautiful days - I have nothing to complain about. Hope to sail with you again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter