2 Adults + 8 Month Old

dizgirl5518

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this is my first post. Hubby and I are looking to celebrate our 10 year anniversary of being together. My husband isn't a huge fan of theme parks (but, I AM!!!), but he is passionate about animals and works with them as his career. I'm thinking Animal Kingdom Lodge (particularly, the villas) is the best compromise for us and would be a wonderful place to go to celebrate. I'm even considering doing a mostly no parks vacation and spending all our time at the resort + disney springs. Our baby will be 8 months old by the time we're going, so my question is would you consider this a "waste" of time and money since he'll be so little? I don't think I'd be ready to leave him overnight yet for an adults only vacation, but it seems like Disney is the easiest trip to make with a baby in tow despite the fact that the focus will really be for us.

Thanks for all advice!

Not a waste of money at all if you'll both enjoy it. Babies that age benefit from any new experiences and baby can just enjoy his/her normal routine for the most part. We stayed at AKL in a DVC villa when my little boy was 5 months old and it was a welcome respite from our daily routine. I sat on the balcony and watched the animals on the savannah while he napped in my arms. The restaurants at the resort are wonderful and convenient. You might want to get a 1 or 2 day ticket to go to Animal Kingdom. They have a wonderful baby center there for diaper changes and quiet place to hang out for awhile if needed. I found it was easier to just wear my son in a carrier for naps and stay at the park until we were ready to leave for the day rather than go back to the resort for naps. At that age they nap so frequently that it becomes cumbersome. I think you'd probably all have a great time though. WDW is a great spot to vacation with infants and toddlers.

AKL is a wonderful resort with so much to do. We were just there for 12 days and I swear I wish I would have planned more resort time in. So much to do and so little time. I would splurge and get the Savannah view - it was outstanding. We saw giraffes, African cattle and vultures every day. We just loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!