2 bedroom points question! Any input please!

OLIVIA'S DADDY

Mouseketeer
I have a points question!?

So our flights were cancelled because of the snow and we had to stay 3 extra nights. They informed us the only room that they had available was a 2 bedroom at Saratoga springs. No regular resort rooms, no other DVC resort rooms, all rooms at Disney resorts were booked except this one. We ended up taking it. However, when we got there is was a one bedroom with the lock off studio. Is it not possible for them in an emergency type situation to what we had to just lock off the studio and rent us that or the one bedroom instead of making us rent it as a 2 bedroom? I was kind of in a bind and didn’t have much other choice and didn’t even think about it until I got home and started wondering about it. Is this something I should ask about? I had to use points and pay cash out of pocket. I’m somewhat new to this since I bought in 2015, so, I’m not sure if this is an acceptable situation or should I call and say something. Just 2 of us, reservation said 2 bedroom villa. Just looking for opinions because I’m only a newbie at DVC (2015). Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You should call and ask them why. I can not image why they would not and or could not have locked off the room for you. It would have left the other side for some else. Also to be honest seems very unlikely all of Disney was sold out except for one room. When was this Christmas week to New Years? Even then seems unlikely. No DVC maybe but not rooms... hmmm.

You should call and ask them why. I can not image why they would not and or could not have locked off the room for you. It would have left the other side for some else. Also to be honest seems very unlikely all of Disney was sold out except for one room. When was this Christmas week to New Years? Even then seems unlikely. No DVC maybe but not rooms... hmmm.

That is what I was told, all 30,843 rooms were sold. This was last week, 3/9/18.

I am a little surprised they didn't divide it to accommodate another stranded party. But perhaps it was originally reserved as a two bedroom by people that had to cancel last minute and were stranded at home, just as you were stranded at Disney, and it went back into the system as a two bedroom. If a lot of flights were canceled, that would mean a lot of stranded passengers, I could maybe see all available rooms onsite being taken. BUt did you call Disney reservations as well as DVC to see what was available? They are two separate inventories.

I am a little surprised they didn't divide it to accommodate another stranded party. But perhaps it was originally reserved as a two bedroom by people that had to cancel last minute and were stranded at home, just as you were stranded at Disney, and it went back into the system as a two bedroom. If a lot of flights were canceled, that would mean a lot of stranded passengers, I could maybe see all available rooms onsite being taken. BUt did you call Disney reservations as well as DVC to see what was available? They are two separate inventories.

Every option was exhausted. According to them all 30,843 rooms were booked except this one/2.

Is the "them" you contacted Member Services? I assume so since you partially paid in points, but I could be wrong. Can MS see *all* inventory, or just the inventory available b/c people had traded out points etc? Possible good in the future to ALSO look on the main disneyworld website or call the main number, if you didn't do that this time.

IMHO they should have only "rented" you the studio. If they were that booked they could have used the one bedroom (or the other way around) for someone else. Not to be a Monday morning quarterback, but did you go to the manager on duty at SS when you got the room ? They might have been able to work out the situation. I would call member services and ask for a supervisor and tell her/him what happened to you. They may give you a credit.

Agree with others. Hard to understand why they couldn't have just given you the studio. I'd call (or email) and ask, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter