2 bedroom villa, AP discount or rent points?

ericstac

DIS Veteran
We are starting to plan our fall trip and at first I was looking at 2 regular rooms at different resorts but then thought about just getting a 2 bedroom.. It is 6 people, my mom, my wife and I and our three boys.

Now I'm wondering if I shod rent points to get the 2b villa or if I should just book through disney with an AP room only discount?

And is it even possible to rent and book for a fri, sat, sun stay late sept, early October?

SSR and OKW have weekend availability for late September but you might have difficulty finding someone to rent from. Most DVC owners deal with their points around the 7 month mark or earlier. Never hurts to contact David's, a sponsor of these boards, to at least try renting. You just never know. :) http://www.dvcrequest.com/?oid=29_1

Good luck and have fun in WDW.

You might have better luck getting a cash reservation with an AP vs finding an owner to rent from at that time. Start now on the rent/trade board and you could get lucky.

I had a 2 bedroom booked at BLT for Oct but to move the trip to June. Of course I lost BLT so we are at OKW now. I had plenty of time to reschedule the trip but if I hadn't I would have tried to rent the confirmed reservation.

Just in case I would get the cash reservation and keep trying to find the rental. Cash reservations have a decent cancellation policy where as the rentals do not.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter