2 day, 2 night MNSSHP blitz!

Spoiledraf

Mouseketeer
while visiting my daughter and grandkids in Atlanta last week, my lovely wife mentioned that since we were close enough to drive to Disney in 6 hours maybe we should take the kids. Say no more my dear!

My daughter and I were quickly on the web site to see what was available. I was thinking cheap, my daughter went straight to the GF page. No go. Next best, BC. She got lucky. It was currently Sunday afternoon. The girls went off shopping while I figured up the cost. Upon their return home I got beat up for not making the reservations yet. Silly me.
So at 9:35 Sunday we call the old 1-407-WDISNEY. 2 nights at the Beach Club were available for Tuesday and Wednesday nights at the 30% discount price. There were still party tickets available so we did that for our arrival day and got a full day for Tuesday. The cast member at the check in desk also got us a late check out for free so the kids could use the pool half a day our last day.
It all worked out great. We left early Tuesday and with on line check in were in our room before 1pm. I was a great room with a full balcony overlooking the main doors and courtyard and sidewalk to the lighthouse.
We hit the pool and water slide for a couple hours. To my absolute surprise my just turned three grand daughter went down that huge slide!!!
At 3:45 we were off to MK for the party. TWO busses arrived just as we walked up to the bus stop. I had booked a couple FPs for between 4 and 7 and we knocked this out and got a few other rides in. We claimed our seats for the parade and got some dinner from Caseys while we waited. After the parade we hit more rides. I would have liked to have seen the fireworks and the show but the kids wanted to go and that's who we were there for so we did some serious damage while everyone else was busy. They loved walking on buzz or dumbo or goofeys coaster over and over. We even rode the mine ride twice in 20 minutes. It was a great evening and we timed our departure so as to avoid any rush.
Wednesday was a little tuffer. We we tired from a VERY LONG first day and the crowds were up. We did our FPs and a couple less busy rides and headed off to lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Our waitress was absolutely wonderful, especially with the kids. Mid afternoon meant nap time for the little one and Nan's and papa. My daughter took her son to the pool and the boardwalk and did a little shopping. The evening meant back to MK for the electrical parade, a meet wth Tink and more rides til the 9:00 close. Unfortunately the mob to the busses was horrible and took us quite a while to get to our room.
Thursday was cape May Cafe with Minnie, Donald and Goofy. The 3 yr old was not so happy with meeting them but they were so patient and came back several times until we finally got some great pictures. Then pool time in the morning and "Disney Springs" for a couple hours before we headed home. It was a fun but brief trip and we had a ball.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter