2 days to go and I'm still not ready.

jacs1234

Dreaming of Disney
It feels like I have soooooooooo much to do. Leaving the kids and dh home is harder than I thought. There is so much to organise for them. It would be easier if we were all going. I have to pack 3 sets of camp bags for them as they'll be going on camps while I'm away, swimming togs, a whole list of what uniforms are worn each day, who likes what in their lunch box. I have forms to fill out for camps and forms to fill out so they can get into after school care. I've only just packed my bag tonight and realized stuff I don't have like soap lol. I'm focusing so much on the things I need to do to get to the holiday that I've hardly focused on the holiday. :rotfl: I've just written letters to each of the teachers to warn them that things may not be handed in on time, homework may get lost, socks may be dirty, hair will be messy and children may be hungry. lol

:hug: that's what I felt like in jan when 3 of our kids didn't come to Melbourne with us it was more work for them to stay home by the time I cooked etc etc
Just think before you know it you will be on the plane and it will be DHs problem;)

Wow, lots to organise. Just write list after list and you'll be fine. I definitely feel like knowing everything is down on paper gives a sense of calm and I just try to work my way through the list one thing at a time.

You will have an amazing time and what's not done, isn't done. DH will have to step up to the plate.

He will have a whole new appreciation for you when you get back :rotfl:

You'll be fine.

Focus on the important things and don't sweat the small stuff. You can always buy things at the other end. :goodvibes

ps. Happy Holidays! Can't wait to see your amazing pictures when you get back.

You'll be fine.

Focus on the important things and don't sweat the small stuff. You can always buy things at the other end. :goodvibes

ps. Happy Holidays! Can't wait to see your amazing pictures when you get back.

My advice also....don't sweat the small stuff...

Yep - if you don't have it, buy it over there! That's usually my philosphy - I'm not travelling to Outer Mongolia - they do have shops where I'm going..!! :lmao:
Most importantly, have fun and don't worry! :thumbsup2

I just finished all my work and popped the discs in the mail. That's a huge weight off my shoulders. Kids are packed, I'm packed, forms are all filled in and kids are booked into after school care. whew. We even got the christmas tree up. Now all I have to do is tidy the house tomorrow, shave my legs and wash my hair lol We haven't planned the trip down to the last minute like we usually do, heck, we don't even know what day we're doing what at New York. We only have two things booked in new york and that's thanksgiving dinner at The View (the spinning restaurant( and the Lion King on Broadway. Gosh that was expensive. $200 each. I'm a bit nervous about not having a plan but we have 7 days so I guess we'll be fine.

I'm just happy that there will be somewhere to buy tampons if I need them lol. We went to Africa once, and we did the canoe trip for 7 days down the Zambezi. My cycle decided to start very early. Ugh, I had NOTHING. I had to go completely feral and use a ripped up t-shirt and bath in the crocodile infested waters. lol That was Gross.

I just finished all my work and popped the discs in the mail. That's a huge weight off my shoulders. Kids are packed, I'm packed, forms are all filled in and kids are booked into after school care. whew. We even got the christmas tree up. Now all I have to do is tidy the house tomorrow, shave my legs and wash my hair lol We haven't planned the trip down to the last minute like we usually do, heck, we don't even know what day we're doing what at New York. We only have two things booked in new york and that's thanksgiving dinner at The View (the spinning restaurant( and the Lion King on Broadway. Gosh that was expensive. $200 each. I'm a bit nervous about not having a plan but we have 7 days so I guess we'll be fine.

I'm just happy that there will be somewhere to buy tampons if I need them lol. We went to Africa once, and we did the canoe trip for 7 days down the Zambezi. My cycle decided to start very early. Ugh, I had NOTHING. I had to go completely feral and use a ripped up t-shirt and bath in the crocodile infested waters. lol That was Gross.

Wow, thanks for the "overshare" Jacs :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Only joking, that actually sounds like a horrendeous experience but I doubt I 'll find myself canoeing down the Zambezi anytime soon so I guess I won't have to stress about that one :rotfl2:.

Sounds like you don't have too much left to do, everything is organised. 7 days of wonderful wandering in NYC sounds heavenly to me.

that kind of 'canoeing down the zambezi' trip isn't for me either (and omg, what a horrorible but yet kind of interesting story!!), but i am always paranoid about my cycle starting early for this exact reason.

on the upside, i guess there is always a 7/11 nearby or some kind of chemist nearby in nyc so i think you will be fine :)

just breathe, and wander and soak up the sights and sounds and tastes and smells (well, the good ones anyway) in nyc. i'm sure you will have an amazing time :)

It was horrible at the time lol but atleast I saved the environment for one cycle lol

Should I try a hotdog from a street vendor or skip it? I'm not a fan of hotdogs really but it seems like a New York on tv thing to do lol

jacs1234 said:
It was horrible at the time lol but atleast I saved the environment for one cycle lol

Should I try a hotdog from a street vendor or skip it? I'm not a fan of hotdogs really but it seems like a New York on tv thing to do lol

I was going to do this but when i went to the cart it loked less than sanitary :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter