2 DDP kids credit questions

The rules aren't moving targets, and the menus vary from place to place anyway so there are benefits to choosing one dining venue over another based on what you want to get. It's no different than choosing a restaurant from the 15 or so that are in my immediate area - I bring my kids to eat at particular places based on what we want out of our dining experience, and I don't expect every restaurant to have every offering (even restaurants within the same chain vary their offerings). The "under 21" clause in the dining plan specifically addresses guests age 10-20 who are "adults" on the dining plan but cannot purchase alcohol.

Few QS restaurants don't have a kids' menu offering. It's literally a handful of them, and there are numerous other options available. I do expect that with the enforcement of the kids credits at QS, they will add official kids menu items to all the QS locations (I believe Casey's kids menu isn't posted but if you ask they have one). In the meantime, this post may help you.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/kids-cs-credits-menus-faq-q-a.2479727/
I appreciate the reply. I'll check out the link.

Totally get the same items won't be offered everywhere. I don't need them to be.

But if I'm paying for a prepaid meal plan and the kid's version of it can only have things ordered off a specific kid's menu, then there needs to be a kid's menu at every restaurant. Or there needs to be a clear way to address this. This position is not unreasonable.

My kids are nowhere near 10.

To me it just seems like they are offering a benefit you can't actually use. If guests have to ask and keep their fingers crossed at each restaurant, is that even worth it? I just can't wait for "but dad, they let us get a slushie at XYZ, why won't they here?"

I am absolutely fine having my kids order off the kids menu, but there needs to be a kids menu at every restaurant then. Also, if they offer kids specialty beverages as a benefit, they need to be on every kids menu. I'll play by the rules, but don't make the rules moving targets.
Honestly, you'll probably save a decent amount of money and will have way more flexibility by not getting the dining plan. Even if you're getting it for "free," I'd seriously look at a room discount instead and crunch the numbers.

Most of the kids specialty drinks actually come in a souvenir cup or with glowing ice cubes or a light up straw clip of some sort or another and those are not including on any dining plan.

While that is true, just like the alcoholic drinks at Ohana that come in a pineapple can be done for adults in a regular cup, these should be allowed in a regular cup as well.

While that is true, just like the alcoholic drinks at Ohana that come in a pineapple can be done for adults in a regular cup, these should be allowed in a regular cup as well.

Lots of times the drink itself is not special, it's just lemonade in a fancy cup and they call it a specialty drink. Take away the cup and it's just regular lemonade and not a specialty drink at all.

I get that. Just the option of a cold slushy or smoothie to get some variety in. More refreshing than a small carton of milk.

I know but not an option as my kids don’t drink fizzy. Lots of young kids don’t like/aren’t allowed fizzy.

But only meals (not beverages, sides, desserts etc) are separated out into adult vs child on the menus.
The beverage section of the menu includes chocolate milk, apple juice etc, which I associate with child drinks. Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen a published menu with a separate section for childrens drinks.

Therefore the marketing wording that says all guests with dining plan are eligible to order a speciality drink should stand, no matter what the age (unless they now amend their menus into drinks for 10+ and drinks for 3-9 years). Otherwise dining plan has been mis-sold to anyone who bought it in 2019 and before.

You receive a menu. your child receives a different menu. You can order whatever you like, from your menu

i don’t make the rules, I’m just sharing what folks are reporting.
if you have a different experience, do share

again, it comes down to math. A milkshake is what close to $10? Which is more than most kid meal except signature.

here is the cost for the plans
$30.51 for a child
link to whispering canyon menu
https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=17
the skillet meal for a child is $16. There is a drink menu For kids. It’s boring. The $9 milkshake is on the adult section

otherwise the kid is having a $25 meal, $5 shy of the cost for the day.

lets face it, the specialty drinks aren’t priced for the kids dining plan.

Last edited:
FYI the dining plan details have been updated and now state:
For Guests ages 3-9: 1 combo meal from the Children's menu offerings

so they are clearly doing away with the Specialty drink option

FYI the dining plan details have been updated and now state:
For Guests ages 3-9: 1 combo meal from the Children's menu offerings

so they are clearly doing away with the Specialty drink option
UK or US literature? Doesn’t say anything like that in what I’m reading.

But only meals (not beverages, sides, desserts etc) are separated out into adult vs child on the menus.
The beverage section of the menu includes chocolate milk, apple juice etc, which I associate with child drinks. Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen a published menu with a separate section for childrens drinks.

Therefore the marketing wording that says all guests with dining plan are eligible to order a speciality drink should stand, no matter what the age (unless they now amend their menus into drinks for 10+ and drinks for 3-9 years). Otherwise dining plan has been mis-sold to anyone who bought it in 2019 and before.
I agree. No where does it say children are not eligible for speciality drinks and the menu for drinks is universal. There’s no such thing as a separate kids drinks menu at QS. Terms also state that if drink is included in QS meal (as it is for all kids meals) the drink can be swapped for ANY speciality beverage.

UK or US literature? Doesn’t say anything like that in what I’m reading.
US. Its shown when adding the dining plan during booking. The regular dining plan page on the website isn't updated. It specifically says specialty drinks are available for those over 10.

Disney could have solved this long ago with better wording. All kids meals at Disney seem to come with a drink. So why not:

Child age 3-9 : 1 combo meal from kids menu
Adult - age 10 and up: 1 entree and 1 beverage*
*Adults over 21 may choose an alcoholic beverage. Those aged 10-20 may choose a non-alcoholic beverage.

US. Its shown when adding the dining plan during booking. The regular dining plan page on the website isn't updated. It specifically says specialty drinks are available for those over 10.
Wow. They are going to have issues with UK customers then because it’s not saying that here when you book. I even had a planning book and brochure arrive direct from Disney Holidays this week who I booked through and that further confirms that all guests can order a speciality drink. I’ll be taking these and screenshots with me to argue my case if there’s a problem.

Let us know how that turns out. Nothing has changed,
the literature does say child 3-9 must order from the child’s menu. Which also has what beverages are Available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!