2 DVC cruises for 2019!

I know, it's gross right now and continues to take a beating :sad2: I just switched our cabin for our October cruise this year from a 5C to a 10A GTY on the Fantasy to save nearly $1K Canadian.

If we didn't have to pay the full amount upfront it wouldn't be bad because then we could delay payment in hopes the dollar makes a recovery!

If we didn't have to pay the full amount upfront it wouldn't be bad because then we could delay payment in hopes the dollar makes a recovery!

Yes, I'm not thrilled about that part (esp since I have other cruises to finish paying off, too :rotfl:)

To be honest I didn't even consider DVC cruises, thinking it wouldn't be something that would appeal to my dh much less me (though I'm the cruise 'freak' in the family lol) But the Oct 2019 is intriguing for several reasons for us and we think a dvc cruise is probably going to be a one-off (never say never I suppose!) so really are hoping to make that one work for us.

Yes, I'm not thrilled about that part (esp since I have other cruises to finish paying off, too :rotfl:)

To be honest I didn't even consider DVC cruises, thinking it wouldn't be something that would appeal to my dh much less me (though I'm the cruise 'freak' in the family lol) But the Oct 2019 is intriguing for several reasons for us and we think a dvc cruise is probably going to be a one-off (never say never I suppose!) so really are hoping to make that one work for us.

I hope you enjoy it!

Well it keeps getting worse...now over $8700 CDN. :crazy2: Looks like we will have to wait another time to join our fellow members!

Today I looked at deck plans for the Wonder. I was deciding what to ask for. I decided 9C. Has anyone else decided what they hoped to get?

Family of 5, so one cat 4 or two connecting cat 10’s. Two connecting inside rooms is actually less expensive, so I’ll probably go for that!

Family of 5, so one cat 4 or two connecting cat 10’s. Two connecting inside rooms is actually less expensive, so I’ll probably go for that!
I honestly think the connectings are better. Two baths for one thing. My DSs Family of 5 we’re happier with their connecting cabins than the family cabin with veranda. Our DGC had different sleeping habits and in the single room they were all up together, some got very grumpy.

Either a deluxe inside or an oceanview. Have decided to forgo the verandah for this one (mainly to save money lol). Also, October sailing from New York....not sure how warm it will be til we get to Bermuda.

Either a deluxe inside or an oceanview. Have decided to forgo the verandah for this one (mainly to save money lol). Also, October sailing from New York....not sure how warm it will be til we get to Bermuda.
Different cruise, but yes, it is the cost of even the navigator veranda that is causing us to go with 9c.

I have checked my CC status and found I have sailed on the Wonder 10 times out of 27 DCL Cruises, and 5 times have been with inside cabins. So I may consider going with a split bathroom inside.

DH says he will go with anything I want.:)

Different cruise, but yes, it is the cost of even the navigator veranda that is causing us to go with 9c.

I have checked my CC status and found I have sailed on the Wonder 10 times out of 27 DCL Cruises, and 5 times have been with inside cabins. So I may consider going with a split bathroom inside.

DH says he will go with anything I want.:)

What a great DH you have !!!! My DH is veranda or forget it.

My dh would sail in a standard inside room if I agreed to it (did it our first cruise, never again, I need just a bit more space thanks and the second bathroom). He's a 'any room on the ship is a good room' kinda a guy lol I would prefer verandah but it's not make it or break it for me, either.

My dh would sail in a standard inside room if I agreed to it (did it our first cruise, never again, I need just a bit more space thanks and the second bathroom). He's a 'any room on the ship is a good room' kinda a guy lol I would prefer verandah but it's not make it or break it for me, either.
I like the split bath too. I have gone without a few times. Sometimes by booking IGT, so you take what you get, but a few times because the person I was sailing with wanted the lowest fare. I have been on 3 DCL cruises without DH. They have all been DVC Member Cruises.

Changed my mind I want 9A. We want to be higher than 2. Wish it were booking time. :boat:

Last edited:
I'm all ready to book the Magic, looking for 11A on deck 7 as my first choice. I guess it'll be long waits on Saturday morning, hoping I'll get through quickly. I know they open at 10AM eastern, when do you plan to start calling?

Some try and have been successful dialing just a bit before opening time. I was never successful. I have always gotten a voice that tells me that MS is closed! So I will begin at 10. DH will also be dialing.

I am on this year’s cruise MC, and I have organized a Local Candy/Snack Exchange. Today I sent participants their information. I really enjoy cruising DCL. Tom and I have also cruised other lines, but I definitely smile more on DCL!

Calling from the west coast so will have to set my alarm for Saturday morning....will make sure the coffee is already brewing ;-)

Some try and have been successful dialing just a bit before opening time. I was never successful. I have always gotten a voice that tells me that MS is closed! So I will begin at 10. DH will also be dialing.

I am on this year’s cruise MC, and I have organized a Local Candy/Snack Exchange. Today I sent participants their information. I really enjoy cruising DCL. Tom and I have also cruised other lines, but I definitely smile more on DCL!

Bobbi, too bad you'll be on the west coast MC and not on the east coast MC, would love to meet. Maybe one day.

I've been on one Disney cruise and after my DH told me how he would go on this MC, I'm sure I'll be on more in the future. If I knew all it took was renting out some of my DVC points to help pay for it, I would of done it a lot earlier then now.

Good Luck everyone on Saturday, I hope everyone gets the stateroom their looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!