2 newbie questions

M 'n C

DIS Veteran
I just stumbled across this forum and found it rather useful and exciting as I love to cook. I have tried to do a quick search and haven't been able to turn up anything on these 2 topics so please forgive if they have been asked before.

1) I noticed some fellow southerners around here. Do yall have any good recipes or sources for using frozen crawfish tails besides etouffee, gumbo, and fetticcune (sp??). I am getting tired of the usuals and thought maybe there is some other use for them :)

2) I also recently got into eating hummus and figure there must be some other uses for this dip besides pita bread and chips. I figure its a good source of a veggie I rarely eat on its own (chickpeas) but I don't need the high amount of carbs in the pitas...

Thanks a bunch. I hope to start adding some of my tried and true recipes around here soon.

I noticed some fellow southerners around here. Do yall have any good recipes or sources for using frozen crawfish tails besides etouffee, gumbo, and fetticcune (sp??). I am getting tired of the usuals and thought maybe there is some other use for them :)

Hi! I can't help but you may want to ask about the crawfish on the Metro NOLA thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1140229&page=305
They are an extremely nice bunch of DISers who love to talk about food! :rotfl: If anyone would know what to do with crawfish, it would be them. Feel free to post your question over there - you can even tell them I sent you. :)

I too LOVE hummus. We spread it on the tortillas we use for wraps. Then fill with red pepper, cucumbers, lettuce or spinach, maybe some feta cheese and olives. It is very high in protein because of the beans and the sesame paste, some store bought kinds can be high in fat too. We make our own chips to keep the fat down. Just split the pitas in half and separate, then cut into wedges. Spray with olive oil spray and salt lightly with greek seasoning, bake in low oven until crisp.
Deb

Deb- Thanks for the suggestions. I think I might try the hummus wraps and maybe try adding in some grilled chicken with it to add in some more protein. I never seem to get in enough protein so I'm trying to work on that.

Lucas- I will have to try that thread out and see. I have a few cookbooks from back home but its always nice to try someones own recipe out you know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter