2 random Discovery Cove questions

RllngRckBrw

DIS Veteran
We are going to be taking our first trip to Discovery Cove this summer and I have some logistical issues that I need to address. The first is booking a time for the dolphins. What is the process for doing so? We are going to have 2 families buying tickets separately and want to make sure that we are able to do it together.

Also, can you use the free tickets to Aquatica and Sea World on both sides of the day at Discovery Cove? Meaning can I do Aquatica before our Discovery Cove day and Sea World after and still use the free passes? It will all be inside of a 14 day window so that won’t be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know the answer to the first question, but the anwer to your second question is yes; you can attend the other parks before and after your DC day.

The dolphin swim times are scheduled first come/first served. If you arrive together as a group you will be placed in the same swim group. I suggest calling the night before and asking when the park opens (it's usually earlier than the posted time), then get there as early as possible. That will get you an earlier swim time and plenty of time to enjoy everything else. The day goes by quickly. I also suggest that ONE person in your group buys the deluxe package even if you aren't going to Busch Gardens. The package gives you an unlimited parking pass for SeaWorld and Aquatica. Parking adds up quickly if you go multiple days. If you're traveling with kids it's easier to go to SeaWorld in half day intervals rather than one long exhausting day. Unlimited entry and parking makes that easier/cheaper. Lastly, I recommend the Floridays Hotel for larger groups. It's very nice for the price and centrally located.

Ok, more than you asked for but my family has done this vacation 6 times. Those are my tips!

Joe, thank you so much for the feedback and the extra tips. We are Disney regulars but this will be our first time going anywhere off WDW property in Orlando. As of now our plans are to arrive and do one Sea World day, 2 at WDW, Discovery Cove, a 5 Day Cruise on the Dream, and another Sea World day. (My parents are also joining us for Discovery Cove and the cruise) It’s alot packed into 10 days, but we don’t get to Orlando as much as we like and have to make the most of our vacation time.

We arrived at DC at 7am and there were a about a dozen people ahead of us. We got a 845am dolphin swim time. I think it is groups of 10-12 people so 2 families should be able to do the dolphin swim together.

Hi yes the groups are in 10-12 so you should be fine. I agree with getting there earlier. We made the mistake at getting there about 7:15 and there were at least a hundred people ahead of us. It was the best day of our trip!

Hi yes the groups are in 10-12 so you should be fine. I agree with getting there earlier. We made the mistake at getting there about 7:15 and there were at least a hundred people ahead of us. It was the best day of our trip!

It depends on time of year/how busy. It was cold our day this January, we drug our feet and didn't arrive until nearly 8 am, still received an early swim time. Would've asked for a later one hoping it'd warm up a bit, but the temperature was forecast to rain/drop in temps all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!