2 unrelated questions; WeGoShop & AKV Cab availability?

mjc2003

DIS Veteran
We are heading down on Sunday and I tried to place a Garden Grocer order the other day but it got fouled up, and now they have no delivery until Tuesday. I contacted the lady at Wegoshop and she was very nice, said she could accommodate us.

1) How is the service? It's a bit odd just emailing a grocery list, I'm not sure about all the brands we usually get, etc...(I'm not at home and had to get her the list ASAP). Are they usually reliable?

2) Completely unrelated: We have dinner reservations at AKV next Tuesday. We will be at AK, so we'll take a bus over, but are there readily available cabs WITH KID CAR SEATS available at AKV to get us back to BCV or is that something I need to arrange in advance?

1) yes they get you what you want - even if they have to go to other grocery stores

2) yes - the greeter will help you - if he is not there - just go to concierge or bell service and they get a cab for you. Now there will probably be some there - but always ask bs if this is a real service.

orlando a few years ago cracked down on the horrible ones - but since then really want someone to verify that the cab I get in - will take me back to my resort and not on a tour of Orlando (which is not close to WDW)

I contacted the lady at Wegoshop and she was very nice, said she could accommodate us.

1) How is the service? It's a bit odd just emailing a grocery list, I'm not sure about all the brands we usually get, etc...(I'm not at home and had to get her the list ASAP). Are they usually reliable?

The wegoshop folk run into the issue of not being able to find brands and sizes that customers are accustomed with all the time. The way she works with it is she takes the list and notes that are emailed, reviews them and if she has any questions will contact you.

To make my shopping list I pulled up Peapod, a shopping service which is local to me & I'm familiar with their products to build the list. I then copied it into an email, adding notes such as ("substitutions acceptable", or "No substitutions please"). She had no questions on items and did an amazing job taking advantage of specials such as (Buy1:1Free) where she saw them. The one call I did get was her asking if it would be okay to shop at Walmart and leave our groceries with bell services as she had so many runs for the day. It worked out well that way :)

EDIT to Add: A day before arriving I emailed her to update the list (updated quantities, added an item or two and removed an item.) She had no problems updating the list like that.

If DHS is still open after dinner, you can take a bus to DHS then a boat ride to YC/BC.

We rent a car from Alamo at the Dolphin to do our shopping.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter