$20.17 Graduation Gift

chrissy92972

Mouseketeer
I think I read on here the idea for a high school graduation gift of $20.17.

What are some unique ways to give it to a boy who is leaving for the setvice?

I am not at all a crafty person.

Thanks,
Chrissy

That's a brilliant idea! (Sorry that I have no craft options to offer, but I just wanted to say that I like the idea!)

Look on Pinterest for some easy ways to present it. There are some very simple ways to fold the bills so they line up to show the year.
I did this for my nephew in 2015.

Some friends grandson and granddaughter (twins) went into the military last year. As a gifts everyone gave them gift cards, soldier's don't make really any money so having gift cards that they could spend once they were through with basic training, at restaurants and stores was really appreciated. A lot of Visa cards, that they could use on or off the base was most common.

I would say cash is best for going into the military. If someone is having a party, it would be nice for one person to collect the cash and then have the recruit deposit it into their bank account afterwards. Then when they arrive at their first duty station they have funds to go buy items for their room or to buy a ticket home in between tech school and their first duty station (like if they are going from school in TX to their first base in Germany, they can pay for a ticket home on the way to visit family).

I personally wouldn't want a lot of gift cards to have to use and keep up with balances. Also, things have been known to be stolen during basic training, such as cash and gift cards regularly go missing. Even when I jointed in 1995, there were people who returned to their locker to have items and cash missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!