20/20 tonight

TexasMinnie82

Mouseketeer
Is anyone watching 20/20 tonight?

People are so dang ignorant!!!

I don't understand how people can be so judgemental. They keep talking about "What The Bible Says", But the bible also says not to judge people!!

It makes me sick how rude and inconsiderate people are!!!

Yeah, and if "God" (note the quote) "loves everyone", then why do people say "oh, God hates gays"? It's not, "God loves everyone EXCEPT gays". Who knows if there really IS a God? Or Heaven/Hell? Or even if the Bible is real! I'm full-on athiest. This "Bible says..." stuff really ticks me off, to put it lightly.

For the Bible Tells Me So, was a wonderful film.

One of my favorite points brought up in the film, is that the bible was never intended for the populace to read and interpret. It was meant for learned people (read, university educated in the matters of theology) to read and interpret for the lay person.

People who take the bible and interpret its words literally are a special kind of hypocrite. They pick and chose what they wish to take literally. :confused3

Oh, meant to say I didn't see 20/20! LOL.

In my experience people who use the phrase "because the Bible says so" in fact have no idea what the Bible says or does not say. But our society caters to idiots with "family values" such as hate and hypocrisy. :worship:

Sorry. Kinda over it.

I love that someone actually called 911! I thought that would be the end of it, but then they actually sent a police crusier! :confused3

I'm sure some folks would have had the same reaction had the couples been heterosexual but racially mixed, so hate for equal rights is the issue to me rather than same sex couples.
It's superiority, some folks just want it. :lmao:

some folks=religious folks ;)

Really cute couples!

? I didn't see the segment on 20/20, but the article did not mention the Bible, what does the Bible have to do with it?

Closemindedness is universal, it is not something that is exclusively reserved for Christians.

Really cute couples!

? I didn't see the segment on 20/20, but the article did not mention the Bible, what does the Bible have to do with it?

Closemindedness is universal, it is not something that is exclusively reserved for Christians.

ITA, you're so right, ignorance is universal, I've seen argument against same sex love presented by folks who use science for their basis so it's not limited to just Christians.

Really cute couples!

I agree that closemindedness is universal. However there were a few people that they showed on 20/20 that were concerned that they would goto hell. They did mention the bible in their arguement.

Can some of y'all help me?

Please, go to the Teen Boards and read the thread titled "National Silence Day". There's this person (Disneylover 2) who keeps trying to preach "what the Bible says" and actually said "eww gay is gross! (blah blah) what could be grosser than that?! (upon gay marriage)".

We were having a friendly, pro-gay discussion until they came along, and they won't go away. It's very rude and insulting. Any help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter