20 people, 4 families, 1 week - look out World, here we come!

loislane

DIS Veteran
Yes, we are perhaps crazy? But I like to think we are in for the time of our lives with some of the people we love the best. :banana:

Next August, our family is spending a week at the World with three of our closest friends and their families. :dance3:

It all started because after spending our honeymoon there in Sept. 2009, my honey and I knew we wanted to go back and take his son and my two kids.

Here we are on our honeymoon.

castle.jpg

We did a few "trial run" trips this summer with our camper and to some closer amusement parks to test out the kids and see if they met muster. :rolleyes1

Luckily for them, they passed :cool1: and we just booked our trip for next summer. But then a funny thing happened. One of my friends thought it would be a good time for them to go. Then another. And the whole group of us convinced the third. We're actually still working on a fourth if they can schedule it, which would bring our total people to 25!

We're all staying at Pop Century and aside from celebrating my stepson's 7th birthday while there (how awesome to turn 7 at Disney???) we plan to mix things up so we have time together and time apart.

I'm looking for any advice or tips from people who have done the group thing at Disney about how you schedule it all so that you still love each other at the end of the trip?

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can share. :)

Ok, so three out of the four families are booked and the TA has us booked as a grand gathering so we'll all be near each other.

Has anyone ever been part of a grand gathering before?

I'm thinking maybe Chef Mickey's?

The hubs and I didn't do any character meals on our honeymoon, so I have no idea about them. I've heard Chef Mickey's is good. Looking for some place with good food and where the birthday boy will hopefully get a little special attention. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter