20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Any other Dis'ers recently returned from WDW or about to leave on a trip to WDW and added this wonderful excuse for an extra trip in August 2019? I enjoyed a weeklong visit May 28 - June 5. :rainbow: Then planned a surprise meet up with friends in July. I just returned from a October "Epcot Food & Wine Expo" visit. Split visit to Universal Studios Orlando for Halloween Horror Night. Booked my May 2019 trip and turned around and booked August 2019. I am beginning to think it will be cheaper and make sense to simply move to Orlando. Anyone else dreaming of relocating? :moped: LOL

I live in CA, so I have no plans to move anywhere! And I am about to go to WDW, and just booked for this party!

Be fun if the chatterati all sat together and had like white boards to write our comments on and hold them up..... or open up a YouTube chat room and project it on a screen or something that we use our phones to post comments

I like this idea... John, can we make this happen?

So sorry if this has already been covered, but as far as transportation after the party, do people think Uber/Lyft is a viable option that time of night?

So sorry if this has already been covered, but as far as transportation after the party, do people think Uber/Lyft is a viable option that time of night?
It should be, but the Dis will be offering bus transportation at a cost back to any Disney resort hotel and the swan/dolphin. For the Epcot party i think it was $10/person so I would imagine pricing would be similar this town around.

Hi everyone! I'm such a fan of the show and have finally decided to join the boards for this specific post. I graduate from college in May and thought going down for this party would be a nice present to myself being that the Dis had such an impact on my college career. Whether it be binge watching the vlogs or a quick study break, it always took me away from the extreme stress of college and brought some Disney magic into my life when I needed it the most. My biggest fear is that I don't really fit the demographic, as I would most likely be coming alone. I would love to meet the team and other Dis-ers, but not sure I would fit in and it would be a bit awkward for me. Thoughts??

I am sure plenty of us would love to hang out with you! Don’t be shy :)!

Does anyone have an inkling as to how many guests might be at the Pandora Party? My son's birthday is on August 11th, so this would be a wonderful add-on for our trip, but my husband isn't convinced it will be worth the added expense if it will be super crowded. Any thoughts?

Does anyone have an inkling as to how many guests might be at the Pandora Party? My son's birthday is on August 11th, so this would be a wonderful add-on for our trip, but my husband isn't convinced it will be worth the added expense if it will be super crowded. Any thoughts?
Disney has a cap. It will not be super crowded like a park day, it never is for private events. The Epcot Party was around 1000 people I believe and we had Soarin, Test Track, Figment, and the Seas to choose from. All were walk ons.

They haven't said but past DIS events have been in the 1,000 person neighborhood I believe. To put that in perspective, the hourly rider capacity of FOP is somewhere in the 1,200-1,400 neighborhood and NRJ is also around 1,000/hour. Plus there will be people enjoying the snacks and drinks, chatting with the team, meeting each other, etc. So 1,000 people is a very small crowd.

They haven't said but past DIS events have been in the 1,000 person neighborhood I believe. To put that in perspective, the hourly rider capacity of FOP is somewhere in the 1,200-1,400 neighborhood and NRJ is also around 1,000/hour. Plus there will be people enjoying the snacks and drinks, chatting with the team, meeting each other, etc. So 1,000 people is a very small crowd.

and there are at least two of us who can't ride FOP, so we'll be on NRJ and mostly chatting with everyone (something we both REALLY like to do as is obvious from how much we post on the boards LOL...)
so that's at least 2 people not taking up FOP time... :goodvibes

Disney has a cap. It will not be super crowded like a park day, it never is for private events. The Epcot Party was around 1000 people I believe and we had Soarin, Test Track, Figment, and the Seas to choose from. All were walk ons.

Not just “walk ons.” :smooth: Several times we didn’t walk off after the attraction ended. Soaring and TT weren’t too much of a strain but my right arm was borderline unusable the day after Dreams booked TSM for the evening.:crutches:

Finally bit the bullet and registered gut had to guess at who my +1 will be. Hoping the Party isn't sold out yet!

UPDATE: My party registration was processed so there is still space available. I was afraid after the marathon podcast today, it would be full so glad I got in!

Last edited:
Does the Registration fee of $35 only apply to the pandora party and the podcast taping? Or would this also apply to the other events hosted by the team (TBA)?

First, the $35 per person fee is for registration.
The Pandora Party on 08/10/2019 11PM - 1AM - Animal Kingdom Theme Park costs $95 per person regardless of age in addition to event registration fee.

I can't say whether the $35 is the only fee for events. In past events, there were additional fees / donations requested to participate in some events. In the past, Dreams has not charged any additional fee to attend the podcast taping. Transportation to resorts after the Pandora party is typically a separate charge.

First, the $35 per person fee is for registration.
The Pandora Party on 08/10/2019 11PM - 1AM - Animal Kingdom Theme Park costs $95 per person regardless of age in addition to event registration fee.

I can't say whether the $35 is the only fee for events. In past events, there were additional fees / donations requested to participate in some events. In the past, Dreams has not charged any additional fee to attend the podcast taping. Transportation to resorts after the Pandora party is typically a separate charge.
Thank you, my son is too little to attend the Party (past his bedtime!), but was hoping to go to another event that week with the team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!