2013 planners..If you can wangle a UK address....

Saskiwi

Mouseketeer
I just found out they have released Free dining packages for Mod and Deluxe resorts - but for UK guests only!:confused3
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp

A couple of us Anzac-board folks having been having a whinge (along with South Africans and Brazilians!) over on the 2013 Free Dining Watch thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45942743#post45942743

Now I'm back to being grumpy all over again about the stoopid 'no 14 day pass at WDW' thing again too...it wouldn't be so bad, but the fact that we can get one for DL, which is so much smaller, makes me feel that Disney really don't know/care about their Downunder markets at all:sad2:

Yes it is so frustrating and unfair isn't it Saskiwi! The Brits pay heaps less in airfare than we do to get to Orlando and yet they get access to much better WDW deals :furious: Also, they really should stop calling them "international deals" as, hello Disney, we Kiwis and Aussies that visit are also international travellers!!!

I guess though that, since we are much more likely to stay onsite than the Brits (since our costs to get over there are already so high that many of us decide to go all the way financially and pay more to stay onsite), Disney figures they already have our business and don't need to entice us to stay onsite. Windsor Hills, Bonnet Creek etc are so packed full of Brits and Disney is trying to convert them :rotfl2:

there is no way that i would travel all the way to wdw and then not stay onsite.

uk 'international' customers get all the good deals and yes, to me it does seem unfair that this offer isn't being offered to us. then again, i feel that florida or socal resident discounts are unfair too... if i could live in florida or socal, i would be there in a heartbeat.

i don't think disney considers australia/NZ to be as target rich a market as the UK right now, but i'm seriously hoping this will change in the coming years.

every time i see a disneyland ad on tv, i get all excited that it will be followed by some remarkable offer but nooooo :confused3

it often makes me think that disney do 'test' ads in australia to see what kind of upswing they have in the months immediately following the ad being played on aussie tv. i don't think they realise that for most of us, we have to save up for quite some time to afford the expense of staying for up to 2 weeks, plus international long haul fares, plus the internal flights (both here and in the states) plus dining plus tickets etc etc... for most families i know, they might see the ad then start saving but not book for 6-12 months.... in my head at least, this is one of the reasons that disney are not releasing good deals to us as we're not in a market to be able to book asap...

there is no way that i would travel all the way to wdw and then not stay onsite.

uk 'international' customers get all the good deals and yes, to me it does seem unfair that this offer isn't being offered to us. then again, i feel that florida or socal resident discounts are unfair too... if i could live in florida or socal, i would be there in a heartbeat.

i don't think disney considers australia/NZ to be as target rich a market as the UK right now, but i'm seriously hoping this will change in the coming years.

every time i see a disneyland ad on tv, i get all excited that it will be followed by some remarkable offer but nooooo :confused3

it often makes me think that disney do 'test' ads in australia to see what kind of upswing they have in the months immediately following the ad being played on aussie tv. i don't think they realise that for most of us, we have to save up for quite some time to afford the expense of staying for up to 2 weeks, plus international long haul fares, plus the internal flights (both here and in the states) plus dining plus tickets etc etc... for most families i know, they might see the ad then start saving but not book for 6-12 months.... in my head at least, this is one of the reasons that disney are not releasing good deals to us as we're not in a market to be able to book asap...

And yet I heard said that on the Today show when they were in DL some fellow was saying we are such a big chunk of their visiting market. I know, it doesn't make sense why we get such a raw deal.

Amazingly, though, quite often I can go into a T/Agency and ask for a brochure on DCL and the agent often has no idea what I'm wanting. Many of them have said they didn't even know Disney did cruises. I went into one this morning with my son so we can look at the big world map on the wall, so we can look again at where we'll be sailing next year on the Fantasy. The lady asked if we were planning a trip and I said yes, we're going on another Disney cruise. She wasn't aware they had them and didn't even know about CC when I said that was what I was most looking forward to visiting (after Margaritaville in Cozumel, of course :rolleyes2).

Perhaps we Aussies/NZ'ers etc should start emailling Disney asking/suggesting they include us in their 'international' offers?

I did read somewhere today in the paper that many cruise line companies have realised what a big market cruising is in Australia and are bringing their ships here for sailings, so it's not like we're all neanderthals down here who only want to go to Bali or Thailand. We've got money to spend and we want to spend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter