2017 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people get the day off of work/school for Veterans Day on November 10th? We have Remembrance Day in Canada but most people still have to work.

Thanks! The calendar says November 10th (observed) so I wondered if it was a long weekend in the States.
With November 11th falling on a Saturday, many observe the holiday on Friday. Schools, banks, State and Federal offices will be closed.
Providing an opportunity of a three day weekend.

I would love to see this thread be added to the Sticky DLR Info page. I feel like I'm looking for it once a week or so! Is it already a sticky and I was just not seeing it?

I thought we'd chosen our dates but now we might have to move them. Any idea what impact the July dance competition or August gymnastics championships will have on crowds? Those are the 2 weeks we have to choose from possibly. I see the dancers are staying at the DL hotel so I'm thinking that one might have more of an impact? We don't usually go in the middle of summer so I know it will be busier than our usual trips but I'm wondering if the sporting events would make it even more so? Any thoughts would be much appreciated! :)

I just found this thread--it is A M A Z I N G--thank you Figment :worship:.
You're welcome! Glad the thread is helpful.

I thought we'd chosen our dates but now we might have to move them. Any idea what impact the July dance competition or August gymnastics championships will have on crowds? Those are the 2 weeks we have to choose from possibly. I see the dancers are staying at the DL hotel so I'm thinking that one might have more of an impact? We don't usually go in the middle of summer so I know it will be busier than our usual trips but I'm wondering if the sporting events would make it even more so? Any thoughts would be much appreciated! :)
My guess is that July is already so busy, it might not make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. The August event is harder to say...my guess is that the parks won't be quite as busy as the peak of summer because the AP blockout hasn't ended yet, but some schools are starting to go back into session. If I had to pick one of the dates and crowds were my biggest concern, I would go with the August date. The August date also gives them one more month to (maybe) re-open the train, TSI, F!, etc. (all of which just say "Summer" as the target re-opening date at this point).

My guess is that July is already so busy, it might not make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. The August event is harder to say...my guess is that the parks won't be quite as busy as the peak of summer because the AP blockout hasn't ended yet, but some schools are starting to go back into session. If I had to pick one of the dates and crowds were my biggest concern, I would go with the August date. The August date also gives them one more month to (maybe) re-open the train, TSI, F!, etc. (all of which just say "Summer" as the target re-opening date at this point).
That's kind of what I was thinking as well. This is such a helpful thread!! Thanks so much!!

I don't know if you're counting Clark County School District (Las Vegas) but our spring break is April 10th-14th and last day of school is June 8th. I know a lot of Vegas people who travel to DL during these dates.

I don't know if you're counting Clark County School District (Las Vegas) but our spring break is April 10th-14th and last day of school is June 8th. I know a lot of Vegas people who travel to DL during these dates.
Clark County was included, but I was missing the last day of school. Thanks!

With November 11th falling on a Saturday, many observe the holiday on Friday. Schools, banks, State and Federal offices will be closed.
Providing an opportunity of a three day weekend.

All the lower and deluxe APs are blocked out on Friday, November 10th so maybe this will help with local crowds even if kids are out of school that day.

Added GotG-Mission: Breakout Premiere Party, Cars 3 Preview, Taste of Anaheim and other events to the calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter