2017 College Dorm shopping on a Budget

Moved my DD in today. Freshman really do over pack-lol! We got everything to fit on her side of the room and under the bed. We stacked the school drawers under the bed and we bought a plastic 3 drawer with wheels. DD can easily pull it out to get to her tubs in the back. We added a thick memory foam gel mattress topper so it made bed a lil higher. DD is short so she will need a step stool, so I'll need to add that to the list along with badge holder with zipper. We kept all of our boxes and packages so when we go through the move in /move out process each year-lol! I took a picture of everything she took to compare to next year sophomore Year-lol! it will be interesting. DD's room mate didn't bring a lot of things just very basic but she will go home on the weekends and lives close to the school. We got there around 8:30-8:45 and check in was at 9am. The line was long for check in but went super fast. A lot of people parked in the parking structure to move in but our tour guided tipped us off about parking In in the parking lot fro move in day. Limited time one day one. Not many cars in that section so it was a breeze. by 3;30 when we left there were more cars parked and handful of people moving in. DD as on 1st floor and no issues or traffic. We got there 2 hours before room mate so we were finished when she walked in :)

She has full days of activities M-Th . tonight they are all out doing activities until 11:30pm optional of course. T-Th 8:30 am -12 midnight.

I'm pretty burned out and throat feels swollen even more. I think its from stressing and the Big Change. I came home took a shower and some robotussin. In a bit I will take some Emergen-c.

I wish I had seen this last week. I just spent $280 at Target stocking up on toiletries and laundry supplies for my 2 college kids! 15% off would have been nice!

I think it is still valid ..... If you need to ship your kids anything else in the coming weeks.......

My DD's roommate quit school on Monday (financial and personal drama), so I ran to Target tonight to get bedding for the other side of the room. Unfortunately they no longer carried the comforter we bought for her online (sold out online and everywhere around here). However, I was able to find a set of TwinXL sheets for $5.98 and a comforter that coordinated for $10.98. So after my Red Card discount, I paid $16.48 for bedding.

She just wants her friends to be able to sit on the bed.

My DD's roommate quit school on Monday (financial and personal drama), so I ran to Target tonight to get bedding for the other side of the room. Unfortunately they no longer carried the comforter we bought for her online (sold out online and everywhere around here). However, I was able to find a set of TwinXL sheets for $5.98 and a comforter that coordinated for $10.98. So after my Red Card discount, I paid $16.48 for bedding.

She just wants her friends to be able to sit on the bed.

So I wonder if she'll get to be alone all the rest of the year? When I was in school, my high school friend came to my college our sophomore year. She was put in a triple-size room with just one roommate, who left part way through the year. So she ended up with the biggest room on campus to herself. If it had been my freshman year I would have left my roommate and moved in with her but sophomore year I had a single.

So I wonder if she'll get to be alone all the rest of the year? When I was in school, my high school friend came to my college our sophomore year. She was put in a triple-size room with just one roommate, who left part way through the year. So she ended up with the biggest room on campus to herself. If it had been my freshman year I would have left my roommate and moved in with her but sophomore year I had a single.
I am assuming she will have a single at least until the semester and we will see if many transfer in at the semester. She said there are already 3 other singles in her floor. She has her fingers crossed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!