2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Can someone elaborate on "Halloweentime"? Besides the party, it sounds like during the day there is extra fun stuff?I know about Space and HM getting an overlay, but anything else I should know about? Just things at DL or CA as well? SO EXCITED!!

I'm going to post pictures today of last year's MHP's. My friend aldready had to book her room. We will be going on the 18th this year. I still don't know how many times I'm going this year. I want to go on the second party and on the 18th too. I will know more once they released the dates

Can someone elaborate on "Halloweentime"? Besides the party, it sounds like during the day there is extra fun stuff?I know about Space and HM getting an overlay, but anything else I should know about? Just things at DL or CA as well? SO EXCITED!!
The biggest things are the parties and the two attractions with overlays. There are some decorations scattered throughout Disneyland (primarily in Frontierland, Main Street, and a little in Toontown). There hasn't been a lot over in DCA or DTD for the last few years, but you never know if things will change! Some of the characters (primarily the main ones in Town Square) will appear in a Halloween outfit during the day to meet guests. Hopefully they'll do it again this year; last year, the GCH had a pretty cool confectionery display in their lobby.

I have photos from my HalloweenTime trips up in my HalloweenTime Trip Reports thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...16-including-mhp.3441529/page-4#post-56563305

I'm also hoping that the first party will be on 9/22! Last year, the first party was on 9/23/16, which was the second to last Friday of September, so it has happened.

Yes, there has historically been a lag between the start of HalloweenTime and the first party. For the last few years (since 2010), it's been a two week lag. HalloweenTime has been starting in early-to-mid September (either the Friday after Labor Day or the second Friday after Labor Day) for the last several years.

So, while the past it not necessarily a good indicator of the future, let's hope they opt to start HalloweenTime as early as possible (so the Friday after Labor Day) and the first party is two weeks later!

I'm joining you in wishing, wishing that the first party is 9/22!! Come on DLR, are you listening!?!

Anyone set on their costumes yet? What are some of the best you've seen over the years?

Anyone set on their costumes yet? What are some of the best you've seen over the years?

Yep!! We're planning on going as Cinderella, a Pirate, and Fairy Godmother! Not sure what the rest of the crew is going as.... We made our costumes back about 2 years ago and have to say they're pretty great! (but of course I'm biased lol).

Have you decided on a costume? Absolutely love being able to dress up and trick-or-treat, just like being a little kid again! :)

Happy to say that we've got our flight and hotel all booked! So stressful trying to coordinate and get the best dates and deals, so am so happy to have everything DONE! Now we just gotta wait for them to announce the Halloween offerings in the next couple weeks. Then purchasing our Mickey's Halloween tickets in July. Then we're set! Can't wait!

Yep!! We're planning on going as Cinderella, a Pirate, and Fairy Godmother! Not sure what the rest of the crew is going as.... We made our costumes back about 2 years ago and have to say they're pretty great! (but of course I'm biased lol).

Have you decided on a costume? Absolutely love being able to dress up and trick-or-treat, just like being a little kid again! :)

Sounds like a great line-up. I'm still undecided, last year my wife and I went as Mr. & Mrs. Vader which was a lot of fun. She really wants to do Mary Poppins this year which would make me Bert....but the argument we're having is that I'd rather be Chimney Sweep Bert and she's insisting on dapper Bert. Planning and coming up with character ideas is part of the fun so we'll see!

DH is going as C-3PO and I will be R2-D2. We each have costume t shirts and the matching mickey mouse ear hats! We are doing back to back World & Land so we wanted something fun and easy to pack! Love your Mary Poppins idea!!

It's official now we are going the same weekend we always do 10/19-10/22. Flights are booked and deposit made on hotel. Just waiting for the Halloween Party tickets to go on sale and decide on what costumes we will wear.

Like figment said, you'll be missing fireworks if you leave at 9pm, and this the one of the main reasons I go to the Halloween Party every year. That being said, you can catch the Parade then leave maybe.. Photo ops with all the characters in their costumes is always a blast, watching the Cadaver Dans, getting buckets of candy.

I went on Halloween Night last year and it was like all the other nights of the Halloween Party. Since all of the parties normally sell out, and it's the same capacity at each night, I'm thinking it's the same. There are parts of the park that are less busy than others, and other parts that are a bit more busy, NOTHING like a normal day at the park though of course. Most of the rides themselves have no wait and all and you can walk right on.

Were you there for the day also? Part of this is us debating whether we 1. don't go with a regular ticket in the morning, let kids take naps and just do the party, or 2. skip the party and just go in the morning. I feel like it will probably be super crowded in general in the morning with people trying to get their money's worth out of a regular day ticket before the party starts.

Finally got DD dance team performance dates today!!! Probably going down 9/28. Workshop on 29th and performing 30th. Home on 10/1.

Excited to have our dates, but a little bittersweet to go that weekend. The 1st is my late DH birthday and the 4th would be our 20th wedding anniversary. Plan on doing something to make it a little extra special for us.

My husband and I like to go to the party on the day of Halloween. This year I'll be going without him, as he will need to stay and focus on finishing the last class of his Masters degree. I'm going with my sisters and mom, and they have never been at Halloween Time and I'm super excited for them to experience it all! I *love* Halloween Time at Disneyland.

I usually coordinate my costume with my husband, but since he isn't going I can be whatever this year. The choices are overwhelming, haha. I wanted to go as Pocahontas, but my baby sister wants to dress up as Poca, so I'll have to go as someone else. I'm thinking either Princess Jasmine or Neytiri from Avatar.

Hi, my son and I are going to DLR for eight days from 9/27 - 10/4 including arrival and departure days. We have been to D/L several times before but only once at Halloween time and that was by myself, I'd been wanting to return at that time and bring my son who will love it.

I had been considering whether to do 1 or 2 of the MHP. I will have the 10day hopper ticket which I got several months ago for the price I would have paid for a 5 day ticket so it was good value. Therefore the MHP tickets I am purchasing on top of that even though I already have entry for that day - which is fine, it's a special event I know.

My main concern is - when I last attended a party in Sept '14 the fireworks had to be shut down early due to winds and that also happened on another night (non-party night) as well at that time of year. I am tempted to get tickets for 2 parties just to try and make sure we don't miss out. I do know there is no way to plan for firework cancellations ahead of time but as this is going to be our last trip for several years at least I am tempted to do it just in case - what do you think?

If they hold to last years schedule the parties might be held the Wed night (our arrival day after a 24hr journey so I definitely wouldn't book that night as we arrive at 6.30am in the morning and will probably be shattered) Friday night, Monday night and then we leave late afternoon on the following Wednesday. Therefore we would only have the option of attending the Friday night or the Monday night or BOTH : )

I had previously read about some people attending multiple parties and I guess I'm just curious as to why? "wasn't able to do everything by going to only one party" - was this rides, M & G's or other stuff.

Am I correct in remembering that there is no Fantasmic showing on MHP nights?

Is it overkill for me to book the two parties do you think or worthwhile?

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer : )[/QUOTE
I would do parties in a heartbeat, a lot more time to see the party only characters,shows etc

We are actually going to be there over Halloween and I'm debating on the party. Kids are 5, 3, 1 - anything past about 9pm will be wasted on them. Is it worth the extra money? And, it is crazy on actual Halloween? My husband will not tolerate paying an extra $100/person for craziness. haha.

First question-will you be on a local time zone?

My kids are now, 3,5&7 but we have gone either cost every year. They normally make it but we did the 24 hour party at WDW one year and they just slept in the stroller when they were tired enough. If you are going to the party just for them it may not be worth it, if you are going for you as well then I would do it and let them go to sleep and keep going.

I am still debating on whether to go more "disney bound" or do a full out costume - and even then, it would be an interpretation. If a costume, probably the original march hare.

First question-will you be on a local time zone?

My kids are now, 3,5&7 but we have gone either cost every year. They normally make it but we did the 24 hour party at WDW one year and they just slept in the stroller when they were tired enough. If you are going to the party just for them it may not be worth it, if you are going for you as well then I would do it and let them go to sleep and keep going.

Mountain time, and we're in palm springs for a conference the few days before so it should be fairly normal time for them. If we went, it would be just because it's a little change-up from our regular DL trips. I think I'm going to have a hard time talking my husband into going that day + party, so if the day is going to be super crowded we might suck it up and hope for the best at the party (we'll also have grandparents there to help with sleeping kids, possibly taking them back to hotel, etc.) If the day of is typically ok at DL, maybe we'll just do regular tickets.

I'm going to be there Oct 16th and 17th, staying at the Grand Legacy. I won't be there until the afternoon of the 16th and I am hoping it is a Halloween party night. Anyone know when tickets are usually made available for those?

We arrive on the 29th October hoping to go Halloween Night. We came to a party night in 2014 and loved it! Do they still have the pre party in Toontown? I know Big Thunder Ranch has gone, do they have those activities any where else in the park? We loved the pumpkins and conjuring a villain

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter