2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

I'm going to be there Oct 16th and 17th, staying at the Grand Legacy. I won't be there until the afternoon of the 16th and I am hoping it is a Halloween party night. Anyone know when tickets are usually made available for those?

Typically mid to end of July I believe.

We arrive on the 29th October hoping to go Halloween Night. We came to a party night in 2014 and loved it! Do they still have the pre party in Toontown? I know Big Thunder Ranch has gone, do they have those activities any where else in the park? We loved the pumpkins and conjuring a villain
They still had the pre-party in Toontown last year so hopefully they will have it again this year but we won't know anything until Disney makes an announcement about the parties.

Do they still have the pre party in Toontown? I know Big Thunder Ranch has gone, do they have those activities any where else in the park? We loved the pumpkins and conjuring a villain
Last year they still had the Toontown pre party. I don't believe the Big Thunder Ranch activities are around in any capacity anymore.

Sadly, as Niltiac said, I couldn't find the pumpkin carvers anywhere last year. Aside from the usual villains that sometimes appear in Town Square during the day (e.g., Cruella deVil mostly), there weren't any special villains available during the day that I saw.

They've had the Toontown Pre-Party for several years now, but it not something they really announced or advertise. They did have signs out last year at the entrance to Disneyland, but I don't recall seeing anything about it in the pre-published announcements. So it's possible that we might not know about the pre-party until after the first party of the year.

Besides Toontown they had "Pre Trick or Treating" in Launchbay and Critter Country last year.

Critter Country just had Winnie and his friends out like they appear at the Party, wasn't anything special.

Launchbay turned out to be only a treat trail. My friend was not happy because prior in the day two CMs had claimed Darth Maul would be Meeting there during the Pre-Party.

Villain-wise during the day: Gaston (near Small World), Cruella (Town Square), Queen of Hearts (near Tea Cup Ride), Evil Queen (Wishing Well), Hook (all over Fantasyland). And trust me, I looked. :crazy:

The only "Special" characters I saw were out for one day and one day only - my local friends almost died. We managed to bump into Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. Definitely not a Halloween Special though, just pure luck.

I am so hoping that Friday the 13th is a MHP this year. We'll be there on that date. Next to going on Halloween day I think it's the most special night due to rarity. In fact, this would only be the third time in the last 20 years it happened in October...Let's get spooky!

http://www.haruteq.com/friday13.pdf

Were you there for the day also? Part of this is us debating whether we 1. don't go with a regular ticket in the morning, let kids take naps and just do the party, or 2. skip the party and just go in the morning. I feel like it will probably be super crowded in general in the morning with people trying to get their money's worth out of a regular day ticket before the party starts.

We arrived just for the party. I don't know if a regular ticket for the day would be worth it. All regular ticket park-goers are ushered out of the park when the Party starts, so you would be paying full price for half a day :(

It really is something going to the Halloween Party, everyone is in costume, some people really make some amazing costumes. It's a blast I would recommend going if you have the means!

Were you there for the day also? Part of this is us debating whether we 1. don't go with a regular ticket in the morning, let kids take naps and just do the party, or 2. skip the party and just go in the morning. I feel like it will probably be super crowded in general in the morning with people trying to get their money's worth out of a regular day ticket before the party starts.
I've usually gone to the Friday parties. The overlap period (from about 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm) was very busy with party guests arriving and day crowds still in the park. The morning and early afternoon wasn't too bad and it was still possible to get quite a bit down, especially if you get there at rope drop.

If your trying to decide on a regular day ticket vs. A party ticket I would definitely opt for the party ticket. It is so much more worth it with all of the Halloween stuff IMO.

Thanks for starting this thread-we planned on going last year to the party but waited too long to buy the tickets and you know what happened :-( .... so this year we are stalking the site and grabbing the tickets as soon as they go on sale!!! So excited!

Trying to add a picture to my profile and can't figure it out...any help for a newbie? Thank you!

Trying to add a picture to my profile and can't figure it out...any help for a newbie? Thank you!

Just click up on the top of the page in the blue bar where it should say "MJWNWak". Click on "Your profile page" and then click on the side image where a pop-up will show an option to add a new image. Hopefully this helps! :)

Oh and :welcome:!

Disney auditions just announced a casting call for male and female parade performers and character performers for Mickey's Frightfully Fun Parade. It doesn't mention where the parade will be, but at least it sounds like the parade that was new for last year will be back this year!
Disney Parks Talent Casting is holding an Open Call for Female Parade Performers and Character Performers for “Mickey's Frightfully Fun Parade,” a spook-tacular spectacle featuring tricks, treats and encounters with your favorite Disney Pals

Disney auditions just announced a casting call for male and female parade performers and character performers for Mickey's Frightfully Fun Parade. It doesn't mention where the parade will be, but at least it sounds like the parade that was new for last year will be back this year!

That sound great! We skipped last year so this will be a nice addon to our Trip this October. We are planning to do 2 parties this year....

New thread for this year. Discuss all things Halloween! Who's going? We'll be there Oct. 12th - 15th and hope for for an extra spooky Friday the 13th MHP.

I am so hoping that Friday the 13th is a MHP this year. We'll be there on that date. Next to going on Halloween day I think it's the most special night due to rarity. In fact, this would only be the third time in the last 20 years it happened in October...Let's get spooky!

http://www.haruteq.com/friday13.pdf

We are also hoping for a Halloween party on the 13th! We will be there the 11th-19th.

Just click up on the top of the page in the blue bar where it should say "MJWNWak". Click on "Your profile page" and then click on the side image where a pop-up will show an option to add a new image. Hopefully this helps! :)

Oh and :welcome:!
Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!