2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

This is our first time at the DLR halloween party. As I understand it, there's no DAS or fastpasses working during the party? How are the ride lines during parties? We'll be there other times during the week when we can ride, but I just want to prepare my kids for the right expectations. Any tips about minimizing lines for the party-only offerings?
Last year was my first time using a scooter as I have osteoarthritis and I honestly can't remember if they gave me a return time or not but I can assure you I didn't wait long. I cannot stand in a line very long and most of the DL attractions are not handicap accessible so I would assume DAS may still be acceptable. I would call Disney or check at guest services for this issue.

Gah! I'm getting so impatient. I was so excited when I saw Halloween treats for a Disney Halloween party in a DIS news story... and then I realized it was for WDW. Where's our info Disney? We love the mouse too!!
I saw in the blog post about the WDW Halloween merch, the editor left a comment replying to someone saying the disneyland merch will be shown in a couple weeks. So I assume we will get the disneyland treats info in a couple weeks also. Why does our party have to start later? Grrr

Is there a problem with them running out of treats as the evening goes on? I thought I had heard that a year or two ago?

Is there a problem with them running out of treats as the evening goes on? I thought I had heard that a year or two ago?
I don't think its possible. They have so many treats its unbelievable. In the last 3 years I went there were no issues with this and I've never head of them running out.

I saw in the blog post about the WDW Halloween merch, the editor left a comment replying to someone saying the disneyland merch will be shown in a couple weeks.
Based on some of the photos I saw on Twitter last week, some of the Halloween merchandise has already show up at DLR. The treats/food items probably won't debut until the start of HalloweenTime.

Yes...some of the treats are made fresh daily and so if they sell out, then they won't have more until the next morning. I haven't noticed that a large number of treats styles sell out (i.e., I haven't seen the candy shelves empty or anything like that), but sometimes a specific design will be absent by closing. The fresh pastry treats (like those at Jolly Holiday) are the most likely to sell out before closing.

Do you mean for trick or treating or for purchase? I saw both run low/out last year. I did my trick or treating late last year and they were not restocking the candy. They were just giving out one piece instead of 3 or however many they normally give.

Do you mean for trick or treating or for purchase? I saw both run low/out last year. I did my trick or treating late last year and they were not restocking the candy. They were just giving out one piece instead of 3 or however many they normally give.
How odd...it must really depend on the CM and the party. By the end of the party that I went to last year, some of the CMs weren't bothering to count the pieces anymore and just gave out handfuls at a time (it was more like 5 pieces) of the trick-or-treat candy.

I assumed the OP was talking about trick or treat candy..lol I didn't notice they were out of treats for purchase. We were there our usual weekend which was 10/20-10/23.

Picked up my Trick or Treat bags this past weekend since they sold out on me last year before I could get them. Also grabbed the plastic light up Mickey pumpkin bucket for my niece. Thinking I might hand paint her name on it for fun.

Was very happy to see the initial Halloween merchandise out on Thursday since I don't know if I'll make it back before the 10/31 party.

Now just to find time to work on my costume...

Picked up my Trick or Treat bags this past weekend since they sold out on me last year before I could get them. Also grabbed the plastic light up Mickey pumpkin bucket for my niece. Thinking I might hand paint her name on it for fun.

Was very happy to see the initial Halloween merchandise out on Thursday since I don't know if I'll make it back before the 10/31 party.

Now just to find time to work on my costume...
Where did you get your Trick or Treat bags?
Do you have a picture of one you could post?

I'm interested is trying to get one.

I can post pictures tonight when I get home :)

But location: I found them in that shop on Main Street to the left of the crowd corridor that leads into the park (blanking on the name) in DL, Los Feliz Five & Dime in DCA (where I ended up actually buying everything), and in World of Disney in DTD. Probably were a few other places too, but that's where I noticed Halloween merch.

This is our first time at the DLR halloween party. As I understand it, there's no DAS or fastpasses working during the party? How are the ride lines during parties? We'll be there other times during the week when we can ride, but I just want to prepare my kids for the right expectations. Any tips about minimizing lines for the party-only offerings?

I went last year. Ride lines were shorter except for HM, SM and Peter Pan. All were running 45 minute waits.
I remember Matterhorn had a 5 minute wait and my niece and I ride it 3-4 times in a row.

Pictures as promised!

I believe the bags are $5.99 each? I honestly didn't pay much attention to that. I just knew I wanted them and bought them. Also didn't notice until I was taking pictures that the front piece is a small, thin pocket.

Sorry for bad lighting! It's really pretty in person. Tried to get a decent picture of the pattern.

Also included pictures of the light up pumpkin Mickey bucket I got my niece. That was $19.99.

Edit: photo resize really pixelated the image on the front of the bag...

2nd edit: uploaded a closer view, less compressed version of the front image.

Attachments

• IMG_20170821_200919563.jpg
    IMG_20170821_200919563.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20170821_200928201.jpg
    IMG_20170821_200928201.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20170821_201019999.jpg
    IMG_20170821_201019999.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20170821_201033018.jpg
    IMG_20170821_201033018.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20170821_201037841.jpg
    IMG_20170821_201037841.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 49
  • _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 49
The halloween bags are also showing on the disneystore.com shop as well as the Shop Parks app

The halloween bags are also showing on the disneystore.com shop as well as the Shop Parks app
The only issue with the Halloween babe on the Disney store.com website and the shop parks app is they say WDW not DL. If that doesn't matter to you then I would order them prior to going to the party. The first party we went to we were able to get Halloween bags but the last two we weren't able to. I'm going to try and call and see if I can get the DL ones.

The only issue with the Halloween babe on the Disney store.com website and the shop parks app is they say WDW not DL. If that doesn't matter to you then I would order them prior to going to the party. The first party we went to we were able to get Halloween bags but the last two we weren't able to. I'm going to try and call and see if I can get the DL ones.
Oh my goodness! it's such fine print I didn't even notice! Glad you pointed that out, I was getting ready to order them. I definitely want them to say Disneyland if I'm traveling across the country to visit Disneyland at Halloween time! TY

All Fridays in October sold out Online. The 20th Just sold out. The only Fridays left are the 22nd and the 29th of September. I will be getting my last ticket for MHP for the 29th on September the 1st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!