2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

They had pretty large quantities of the Oogie Boogie pails when we were there. People were waiting in line over by TSMM in DCA, but they had about 5 boxes full they were selling. Then they had some over by HM. And these were only the times when we remembered to pay attention. I think they're more prepared this time and have large quantities available for purchase.

Bummer :(. I should have had someone pick up a couple extras and ship them to me. Guess I either buy a Disneyworld one or find something else for them.:scratchin
I actually was going to buy mine online but then noticed the were resort specific so, that idea was out as I also wanted mine to say DL. What we usually do is buy another tote that isn't Halloween if they are out of the Halloween ones. They sell them in the Emporium and other stores.

Sorry if this has been discussed but what villians have been out for the parties? My daughters are going as Aurora and Malificent and really hope to see Malificent there. Thanks!!

Sorry if this has been discussed but what villians have been out for the parties? My daughters are going as Aurora and Malificent and really hope to see Malificent there. Thanks!!
I went to 2 parties this year. I saw Malificent at one of them. I didn't see her the second time I went, but I wasn't specifically looking for her. I sit in the front courtyard after the fireworks to wait for the second parade. The villains roam around there and there are a couple that have lines for a meet and greet. So, I just see whoever is in that area. I don't know if they are anywhere else in the park.

Thank you, but my friend has said they'd pick it up. Have a great trip!

All the rumors and "the CM said" indicate that they do expect to get another shipment in at some point, however the date is not known.

My cousin was there Saturday and saw them! I should have had her just snag me one then

This might be a silly question, but do the trick or treat lines close before the party ends or can you get candy up until the end? I want to get some candy, but don't want to lug it on all the rides, so I plan to get it after we ride.
As the PP said, the trick-or-treat lines stay open until the end of the party, but they do close right at the end of the party (11:00 pm or midnight). However, if they run out of candy, they may reduce the number of stations rather than open a new box of candy at the very end of the party. For one of the parties I went to, the Pixie Hollow Trail was down to one treat station at about 10 minutes to the end of the party. So while the trails do remain open until the end, there might be some reduction in the number of stations or variety of candy offered.

I saw the same villains (for the most part) at both parties I went to: Queen of Hearts, Cruella, Dr. Facilier, the Evil Queen, and Malificent. On both nights, she was meeting guests at the formal M&G location at the end of the party. She was also roaming around Villains Square during the party on 9/25, but I didn't notice her roaming on the 9/22 party (but I wasn't looking for her).

We say tons of Oogie Boogie pop corn pails at DCA with no lines.
It's good to see that they go in another shipment of the Oogie Boogie buckets...I wonder how long these will last...will they make it to Halloween? Regardless, I would get one as soon as you see it if you want it. They were continually bringing them out (in boxes) when I was there at the end of September and it looked like they had a lot, but they still sold out (on a daily basis).

Stupid question but we plan to hit the oct.27th Friday party for the first time :)

Do we need to bring our own bags for the trick or treating? Do they still do the peanut free version as well? Our 12yr old is anaphylactic to nuts.

Stupid question but we plan to hit the oct.27th Friday party for the first time :)

Do we need to bring our own bags for the trick or treating? Do they still do the peanut free version as well? Our 12yr old is anaphylactic to nuts.
They provide a bag, but it's on the small side if you plan on doing more than a couple of trails. I suggest you either bring your own, or use the one they provide but periodically dump it into a spare bag. I don't have experience with the peanut issue, but I would suggest you talk to guest services and see what they offer. In the past I've heard of people being able to exchange their candy for a nut-free bag at the end of the night, or being given a gift card to purchase safe treats in the shops. However, I don't think any of the accounts I read were recent, and some of them might have been referring to WDW, so I wouldn't assume that either of those options are currently available without asking.

They provide a small bag (9”x7”x3”). A lot of guests bring their own bag or buy one of the reusable totes. I've found that 3 to 4 treat trails will fill the small bag they give you.

They did have some stations that only offered apple slices, carrots, cheez-its, Pirates Booty, dried fruit, etc. However, all of the candy bins were mixed. I didn't see anything mentioned about allergies in the MHP guidemap, but they've usually had some option. I would email guest services to find out how to proceed.

We went we to last nights party and had a blast.
We say tons of Oogie Boogie pop corn pails at DCA with no lines.
We got 4 headless horseman glow straws in Bugs Land
Got a magic shot with Zero in front of the headless horseman statue.

They had no Halloween totes!!! I have been collecting Halloween totes every year for a long time. I was so bummed.

By totes do you mean they don't give out bags for kids for candy? Or like a special tote? Because I'll kind of be annoyed if that's one more thing I have to pack in our suitcases...bags for everyone's candy.

ETA I just saw followup responses that they provide a small bag...I guess I'll have to find some. ha.

By totes do you mean they don't give out bags for kids for candy? Or like a special tote? Because I'll kind of be annoyed if that's one more thing I have to pack in our suitcases...bags for everyone's candy.

ETA I just saw followup responses that they provide a small bag...I guess I'll have to find some. ha.
When we're discussing there being no more totes we're referring to the below tote that is for sale. The small bag they give you is too small for trick or treating the entire evening.

Edited to add you can buy a tote at DL it just probably won't be the Halloween teamed one in the below picture.Screenshot_2017-10-09-12-26-12.png

When we're discussing there being no more totes we're referring to the below tote that is for sale. The small bag they give you is too small for trick or treating the entire evening.

Edited to add you can buy a tote at DL it just probably won't be the Halloween teamed one in the below picture.View attachment 275697

Thank you for posting the screenshot. Just hopped onto ShopDisney and picked up a couple of them. I had forgotten all about them.

I saw WDW's Boo to You last week and I have to say...we both preferred Frightfully Fun Parade. It may be short but it is very entertaining, energetic and very...Halloween. Boo to You was cute but there was much less character interaction and it wasn't as exciting to watch. And I missed Jack. Enjoy it everyone.

I was looking through the Shop Parks App this morning and saw that four of the Mickey's Halloween Party/HalloweenTime shirts are available for order (some sizes limited). Given how fast things ship from the Shop Parks App, I'm not sure they'd arrive in time for many folks to wear them to the parks, but it's something to consider if you're going later in the season or can't make it to the parks.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/store/search/?search-term=Mickey's Halloween Party

Facing the train station on the left Malicefent and the Snow Queen are alternating in 30 minute shifts. On the right it’s Gaston and Dr Facilier.
The Queen if heats and Cruella de Ville are roaming in town Squre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter