2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

We have never been during a F&W festival. We have 2 kids, 9 and 7 and are going the last week of F&W. I was just planning to go on a weekday and do the regular stuff and kind of ignore the F&W, is that possible? A waste? We are not wine drinkers. Any advice welcome.

Sure, it's definitely possible. F&W is mostly contained within World Showcase. If you avoid that area you can certainly experience the rest of Epcot. You can also stroll through WS just to enjoy the atmosphere, shops, entertainment, etc. without partaking in any wine. I will say, though, last year we took our boys the same age as yours and I didn't have high hopes for them enjoying F&W....but it was quite the opposite. They LOVED it! They loved trying new foods and really enjoyed filling out the passports (they approached it almost like a scavenger hunt). They enjoyed it so much that we actually added a second Epcot day just to go back and visit more booths. There is a lot to love about F&W even if you don't drink wine. They may surprise you :)

My girls were not interested AT ALL the first "real" time that they went to F&W in 2014. In May 2015, we were there for a RunDisney event and happened to go to the F&G festival. The girls were 9 and almost 12 at the time and they found that they really liked going to the booths and collecting "stamps" for trying something at each one. In 2016, they were REALLY into it. My younger daughter (11 at the time) wanted to do the Parisian lunch and she also wanted to do a culinary demo so I booked those for us. My sister's family was with us and even her daughters (ages 8 and almost 5) wanted to try things. My niece LOVED the Lamingtons, even though she was very hesitant to try it at first. After that, she even braved a bite of the lamb meatball and the venison tenderloin...she wasn't fond of either of them, but my sister was so proud of her for trying! That's what is was all about with the kids that week...trying to encourage them to try things that weren't hot dogs, pizza or mac n cheese:crazy:. Although the festival isn't specifically designed for kids, I have found that it is really a great way to get picky eaters to try different things. The portions are small and relatively affordable so you don't need to spend a fortune on food that you won't eat. They also can earn stamps in their passport which is a great "reward" system. I would NOT shy away from it simply because it does not seem like it is something kids would like...you might be surprised!

In years past, the Festival has had some "VIP" experiences. For example, one was Sun-Thurs you could attend the F&W and you basically sat down (or stood at tables) in "VIP" areas and they had food runners that would get your selections within a certain area. Any idea if something like this is being offered or if any "VIP" offerings are available?

In years past, the Festival has had some "VIP" experiences. For example, one was Sun-Thurs you could attend the F&W and you basically sat down (or stood at tables) in "VIP" areas and they had food runners that would get your selections within a certain area. Any idea if something like this is being offered or if any "VIP" offerings are available?
The Premium Package that you reference was eliminated last year to many people's dismay. It seems it was not a money maker for Disney. I know that I did this package two years ago and really enjoyed the experience. But, many times there were no other guests in the premium seating area and CMs standing around with nothing to do. It did however make for great service and some good conversations with CMs.

As for other VIP packages, I am not sure. Last year there was an Ultimate VIP tour which was basically the entire day for $399 pp.

Also, they eliminated the stamps at the booths last year. Instead, the passports contained stickers that you applied yourself.

I don't know about you all, but I am so darn excited for the food and wine in 2 weeks!!!! Hope you all are enjoying your planning and prepping for the fall :)
Same here! I am so excited! :yay:

I missed last year's festival due to Hurricane Matthew. Tomorrow is my 60 day mark, will be able to make FP+ reservations in the morning and do on-line check-in!

The Premium Package that you reference was eliminated last year to many people's dismay. It seems it was not a money maker for Disney. I know that I did this package two years ago and really enjoyed the experience. But, many times there were no other guests in the premium seating area and CMs standing around with nothing to do. It did however make for great service and some good conversations with CMs.

As for other VIP packages, I am not sure. Last year there was an Ultimate VIP tour which was basically the entire day for $399 pp.

Well that sucks. I was planning on splurging this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter