2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

What's been people's experience of using the samplers at Joffreys kiosk? I know it wasn't allowed last year but think it might've changed this year?

I had no issues. Actually used 3 coupons to by 3 Kahlua (?) coffees near Canada. The drink can be ordered with "single" or "double" shots apparently. The sampler coupons will only allow you to get single shots.

What's been people's experience of using the samplers at Joffreys kiosk? I know it wasn't allowed last year but think it might've changed this year?

I used our sampler coupons at Joffrey's kiosks last year. We had the Tiki Torch and another, but I don't recall the name. The first was at the Joffrey's kiosk across from the former Duffey meet & greet while the second was at the kiosk between Italy and the American pavilions.

First off let me say that I have done no planning for this trip.
Second, it has been 6 years since I have been to food and wine. Blasphemy I know but life has just gotten in the way.

We leave on Sunday, and I just looked the listing for the booths.

@Chisoxcollector thank you for the above list!

I did have a question about the coupon sampler, I know they are $69.23 including tax so each tab is $8.66
BUT I think I have read over the last day that there are some restrictions to this? Can anyone tell me what you can't use these for at the booths?

Thank you in advance for your help.

First off let me say that I have done no planning for this trip.
Second, it has been 6 years since I have been to food and wine. Blasphemy I know but life has just gotten in the way.

We leave on Sunday, and I just looked the listing for the booths.

@Chisoxcollector thank you for the above list!

I did have a question about the coupon sampler, I know they are $69.23 including tax so each tab is $8.66
BUT I think I have read over the last day that there are some restrictions to this? Can anyone tell me what you can't use these for at the booths?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Exclusions are beers larger than 6 ounces, tasting flights, Dom Perignon Champagne, and Artist Palette of wine and cheese.

Here is a ranked list of the items I've tried thus far, along with where to get them and my rating. Items with multiple scores are things I tried more than once.

I'll be back at least 3-4 more times, so I'll post an updated list later.

Food

Teriyaki Glazed Spam Hash - Hawai'i (9/10, 8/10) - I can't believe my favorite item is a Spam dish!

Piggy Wings - Flavors From Fire (8/10) -

Kalua Pork Slider - Hawai'i (8/10)

Tipsy Laird - Scotland (8/10)

Salmon BLT Sushi Roll - Japan (9/10, 5/10) - The first one was amazing. All I tasted the second time was lettuce and tomato.

Smoked Corned Beef - Flavors From Fire (9/10, 5/10) - Delicious the first time. The corned beef was borderline inedible the second time, thought the chips and cheese were still good.

Passion Fruit Cheesecake - Hawai'i (7/10)

Croissant aux Escargots - France (7/10) - So buttery!

Seared Scallops - Coastal Eats (7/10)

Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket - Africa (7/10)

Korma Chicken - India (7/10)

Crispy Pork Belly - Brazil (7/10)

Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip - Coastal Eats (7/10, 7/10) Great flavor, but the Shrimp were chewy both times.

Traditional Scottish Lamb Stew - Scotland (7/10)

Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake - Thailand (7/10)

Black Pepper Shrimp - China (7/10, 7/10)

Peanut Butter White Chocolate Mousse - Earth Eats (7/10)

Warm Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip - Ireland (7/10)

Cheese Trio - Cheese Studio (7/10)

Charcuterie in a Cone - Spain (7/10)

Crème Brûlée à la Confiture de Framboises - France (6/10) - could have been a tad sweeter. Almost tasted like milk.

Savory Caramelized Onion Boursin Garlic Cheese Tart - Cheese Studio (6/10) - Huge portion, but only okay taste.

Lump Crab Cake - Coastal Eats (6/10)

Chocolate Picante - Flavors From Fire (6/10) - Dense, but good flavor.

Wasabi Shumai Steamed Pork Dumplings - Japan (6/10) - Wife HATED these.

Roasted Irish Sausage - Ireland (6/10)

Seafood Salad - Spain (6/10) - Quite oily with TONS of bell peppers. What little seafood there was tasted pretty good.

Grilled Tuna Tataki - Hawaii (6/10)

Beef Empanada - Patagonia (6/10) - A bit too sweet.

L'Orange Cotton Candy - Craft Beers (6/10)

Almond Breeze Strawberry Smoothie - Almond Orchard (6/10)

Sweet Pancake - Flavors From Fire (5/10) - Pancake was extremely dense.

Cauliflower Risotto - Almond Orchard (5/10)

Crispy Chicken - Farm Fresh (5/10)

Fresh Potato Pancake - Scotland (4/10) - Is the smoked salmon supposed to be hot? It was somewhat off putting.

Tequila and Chipotle Shrimp - Mexico (3/10) - The Shrimp were decent, but the thing they were served on was horrible.

Sweet Avocado Crema - Active Eats (2/10) - This just did not work for me. The wife liked it well enough.

Drinks

Mango Bubble Tea - China (9/10, 9/10, 8/10) - So refreshing! Third one didn't have as much mango flavor, but it was still good.

Moët & Chandon Brut Rosé Imperial Champagne - Almond Orchard (8/10)

Kurt Russell's Gogi Pinot Noir - Earth Eats (7/10)

Frozen Caipirinha - Brazil (6/10)

Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Yellow Label Brut Champagne - Almond Orchard (6/10)

It seems like consistency in quality is an issue. Just wondering...did you find that the quality was better earlier in the day, or did it vary?

Thank you for the food and rating at the Food and Wine. A lot of these items I was on the border about trying and now have to rethink for our trip the end of October. Can't wait to see more from you!

It seems like consistency in quality is an issue. Just wondering...did you find that the quality was better earlier in the day, or did it vary?

I felt that during the week when there was less people at the Festival the food what prepared both with more care and as ordered. On Saturday when I was there and it was like a zoo of people the food was pre-prepared and seem to lose a lot of what was good due to crowds i'm assuming. This is on the 2 dishes I reordered on Saturday.

Here is a ranked list of the items I've tried thus far, along with where to get them and my rating. Items with multiple scores are things I tried more than once.

Food

Teriyaki Glazed Spam Hash - Hawai'i (9/10, 8/10) - I can't believe my favorite item is a Spam dish!

Totally agree with this LOL, I only wish I could have it more than once. I was alone and only had 2 1/2 days, so I didn't have enough room or time to eat it twice.

I felt that during the week when there was less people at the Festival the food what prepared both with more care and as ordered. On Saturday when I was there and it was like a zoo of people the food was pre-prepared and seem to lose a lot of what was good due to crowds i'm assuming. This is on the 2 dishes I reordered on Saturday.

I hadn't really thought about it, but I think I agree about the food being worse on busier days. Both of the items that went from a 9 to a 5 fit that mold. They were 9s on a slow Monday, and 5s on a busy Saturday. They were at roughly the same time of day, give or take 1-2 hours.

I received a survey from Disney today asking about my experiences at What's Cooking With and PFTS this weekend. I've never done PFTS before but have done several of the celeb chef events and don't recall getting a survey in the past. I'm encouraged they're at least asking for feedback. Survey asked about festival experience in general and then more specifically about the events. With regard to PFTS asked individually about check-in, food variety, food quality, entertainment, crowds and probably more I don't remember. Also asked about the booking process, the extent to which you agree/disagree that they bring in well-known chefs to the festival overall and how likely you would be to attend future festivals.

I got the survey and I trashed the Wine View Lounge at PFTS. Sadly this is probably my last year for PFTS based on this year. Too bad as I really enjoyed it.

Has anyone done the Parisian Breakfast yet this year? Taking my mom Nov. 4 and it's our first special F&W event. :) I've read reviews of past years, but very curious how 2017 compares!

I would appreciate some input from those who have been to PFTS this year. We have reserved seating booked and I wonder when we should be at the tent. It says that we won't have access until 7:30pm, but the CM during booking advised to arrive by 6:45pm at the latest. What would you recommend?

I would appreciate some input from those who have been to PFTS this year. We have reserved seating booked and I wonder when we should be at the tent. It says that we won't have access until 7:30pm, but the CM during booking advised to arrive by 6:45pm at the latest. What would you recommend?

I'm wondering that as well but it seems that the only reviews we've seen so far are from people that were in the WVL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter