2017 Holiday Events Start 11/18 This Year

I called yesterday, and they confirmed that it is blocked out. I couldn't find much info on the UO website, so I thought I would phone and get an answer.

The website says concerts are blackout dates but you never know what is actually considered a "concert". You were smart to call.

Ugh, one of our dates (December 17) is affected. However, the Mannheim Steamroller dates are not showing as block out dates on the UniversalOrlando website yet. If those dates are in fact block out dates, I think it's pretty stinky to add block out dates after they've already released AP rates for November and December. I'm sure a lot of folks booked their dates with the AP rate when it was released and picked dates based on the block out dates. I know I dutifully checked the block out dates before I booked this vacation a few months ago. Time will tell if they add the block out dates to the website, I suppose. Thankfully, it's just one of our dates and it's our first day in the parks so if we have to do only one park that day we will survive but it still stinks.

Okay, I called. I was told Mannheim Steamroller is included with park admission. I almost bought tickets to see them locally. Glad I didn't.

It's been reported this version is 'just' an hour long

We haven't had much luck with concerts during Mardi Gras with crazy large crowds. Hoping it's not quite as frentic.

Sorry, I put the wrong dates, Nov 18 and 19th. (Edited on original post) I found the information on this page
https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/holidays-2017/

Full Dates listed in post #1 :)

I'm okay with that.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra will be performing at the Amway Canter on December 16. I am going to try to get us tickets. I've always wanted to see them live.

It's a holiday tradition for us :)

ooh, Universal sent an email yesterday to say look out for AP things during the holiday. Any discounts or neat things for APs would be welcome. Free, even better. I saw the TSO at a venue near home years ago. Love that they started as a rock band, but realized holiday music was more their style and very good at it. Will be too late to see them in Orlando. That's okay. We'll be closing out the year in the dark side. And for that, a wahoo.

This is exciting! Our first USO trip and we'll get to enjoy the holiday fun. The pass type and concerts is very helpful; impacted us, too.

How early do you think you will have to be there for the Mannheim Steamroller concert (@ 7pm)? Our flight lands at 4:20pm on 11/19... we won't need to go to baggage claim and will be taking a taxi to Cabana Bay. I'm thinking there's still probably no way, right?

So, remember, if you have a seasonal pass, you can't go to Universal Studios on those concert dates listed above. You can only go to IOA.

I just purchased a seasonal pass for the hotel discount. Our checkout date is 11/25. Would I be allowed to go to US on that date in the morning-i.e. Is it an evening event that I could not attend or is the whole day blocked? 11/25 was not listed in the blackout dates.

I just purchased a seasonal pass for the hotel discount. Our checkout date is 11/25. Would I be allowed to go to US on that date in the morning-i.e. Is it an evening event that I could not attend or is the whole day blocked? 11/25 was not listed in the blackout dates.

Seasonal Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida™ on all concert dates and will only receive access to Universal's Islands of Adventure™.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/blockout-dates/index.html

Seasonal Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida™ on all concert dates and will only receive access to Universal's Islands of Adventure™.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/blockout-dates/index.html
Thank you. I'll call tomorrow and try and upgrade or something. We will only be in the parks in the morning, but the kids won't want to be limited to one park. Guess it will be an expensive day. Maybe I'll just book a regular room rate instead of the APH rate. Better to know now I guess. I literally purchased my pass online a couple of days ago- wish I had seen this before.

Good thing you rasas this thread and found out about concealed ap blocks

It saved you from buying the wrong ap
I'm stressing a bit. My dates weren't blocked on the published list but now they are because of the concert. Will they let me call and upgrade my unused seasonal pass to a power pass that won't be blocked? I bought it last week for our November trip.

I tried this angle when I called a week or so ago, and no luck :( We have decided to go ahead and buy the seasonal and just go to IOA on the two days during our trip when concerts are taking place. It's not ideal, but I didn't think it was worth it to pay $60/pp to upgrade.

I called US this morning. They insisted that there was no concert that I'd be blocked from on 11/25. They probably think I'm insane, but I spent the $63 to upgrade to a power pass anyway. She said she checked with a supervisor, who confirmed I'd be ok with the seasonal pass, but I just don't want to have to worry about it and $63 was a reasonable price for me to pay. Just a heads up to anyone else in this same situation- be prepared for possibly conflicting advice.

Ack. Planned on getting the seasonal pass for all 5 of us... but the whole draw of staying longer was so we could hit Harry Potter Christmas. Now I'm thinking we may need to upgrade to the power pass. Because MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER!!!

I called US this morning. They insisted that there was no concert that I'd be blocked from on 11/25. They probably think I'm insane, but I spent the $63 to upgrade to a power pass anyway. She said she checked with a supervisor, who confirmed I'd be ok with the seasonal pass, but I just don't want to have to worry about it and $63 was a reasonable price for me to pay. Just a heads up to anyone else in this same situation- be prepared for possibly conflicting advice.

That is so strange, thanks for posting.

Hi

I am thinking of week cruise and week parks inc universal as ❤️ sound Christmas things inc the night event

The 3 Dec cruise is cheaper than the 25 November

Would you say I would miss anything Christmas wise at universal if went there w/c 25 November

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter