2017 Holiday Events Start 11/18 This Year

Not sure if this is the right thread to post, I don't come to the Universal threads often (but will start to as I am getting an AP next month :) )
My son sings with the Frog Choir and their Entertainment Company (the one that manages Frog Choir/Ragtime Gals/Sing It) just got their 4 Christmas songs approved by Warner Brothers, they start full rehearsals today.
He cannot give me any specific details on the songs themselves but anything he can tell me I will let you guys know

That's so cool Yulilin. Yes, let us know. It will be neat to hear him, and the Christmas songs. Hopefully, maybe I'll be able to see him at the end of the year.

Darn. We depart on 11-18! Maybe next year! Enjoy to all of you that will be there. Sounds awesome!:santa:

We pulled the trigger last night on a Nov 17-22 trip. Part of the decision was getting to see Christmas stuff. Is everything that's seasonal well publicized in the app? We're going to want to see the parade and the Grinch show (in Suessland I assume), Christmas song Frog Choir and anything HP. I just don't want to miss things because we don't know about them.

Where will the MSR concert be? We might want to take the kids for a little bit but then bug out since I'm sure they won't want to stay for all of it.

I'm so excited!
:santa:

I called US this morning. They insisted that there was no concert that I'd be blocked from on 11/25. They probably think I'm insane, but I spent the $63 to upgrade to a power pass anyway. She said she checked with a supervisor, who confirmed I'd be ok with the seasonal pass, but I just don't want to have to worry about it and $63 was a reasonable price for me to pay. Just a heads up to anyone else in this same situation- be prepared for possibly conflicting advice.
i'm curious how it worked for you doing this over the phone. Will they mail you a new plastic pass? Do you have to pick it up at will call?

We pulled the trigger last night on a Nov 17-22 trip. Part of the decision was getting to see Christmas stuff. Is everything that's seasonal well publicized in the app? We're going to want to see the parade and the Grinch show (in Suessland I assume), Christmas song Frog Choir and anything HP. I just don't want to miss things because we don't know about them.

Where will the MSR concert be? We might want to take the kids for a little bit but then bug out since I'm sure they won't want to stay for all of it.

I'm so excited!

Still in Orlando. Asked at GS last week as to when details would be released. Hemming & hawing, finally was told approximately 3 weeks prior to the first event. If correct, that would correlate to week of October 29th for detailed info as to times.

Did see they've had breakfast with Grinch in the past. No idea if it will be offered again this year.

Just sneaking up as a day guest at this point. Already committed to DVC for the first weekend, too late to switch plans, sure not going to lose those points lol.

Do think it's unfortunate they don't announce dates for seasonal events in more timely fashion for those out of town guests. Early bird gets the worm - I'd have booked the weekend onsite.

Last edited:
Still in Orlando. Asked at GS last week as to when details would be released. Hemming & hawing, finally was told approximately 3 weeks prior to the first event. If correct, that would correlate to week of October 29th for detailed info as to times.

Did see they've had breakfast with Grinch in the past. No idea if it will be offered again this year.

Just sneaking up as a day guest at this point. Already committed to DVC for the first weekend, too late to switch plans, sure not going to lose those points lol.

Do think it's unfortunate they don't announce dates for seasonal events in more timely fashion for those out of town guests. Early bird gets the worm - I'd have booked the weekend onsite.

Thanks for the info. I'll check things out later this month. It is unfortunate that they don't release info sooner. You have to luck into things with travel plans you've already made.

I'm so excited!

I believe the app had all the info last year. You shouldn't have a hard time finding it. Yes, the Grinch show is in Suessland and it is wonderful! It plays several times a day and the Grinch does a meet & greet between the plays. The Whos roam around between the shows and interact with the guest, which is awesome. My middle daughter and I could hang out there all day long and watch them. Last year a few of them decorated my son up like a Christmas tree.

Cant wait to see all the HP Christmas stuff. We enjoy the frog choir and are looking forward to hearing the new Christmas songs. If you like the Blues Brothers, make sure to check out their Christmas show, too.

The Mannheim Steamrollers concert is in the area in front of RRR. It is well worth seeing. They do the classics and songs from the Grinch. It "snows" at the end of the show, so stick around if you think your kids would enjoy that.

Hope you have a wonderful time! I am counting down the days until our December trip. We are having to go a week later than we are use to, so I am a bit concerned about getting into the overly crowded season, but we have one in college this year & have to wait until her finals are over.

Nice, Thanks Yulilin. Hope it goes well, as I am excited to hear both. It will be after Christmas, but still looking forward to all the new Christmas stuff this year.

Squeee!! sherlockmiles, this Ravenclaw is excited for Christmas, too! Last year I kept telling my family that I couldn't believe that there wasn't anything Christmas in WWoHP.

Can't wait for details! Thanks for sharing with us, yulilin3!

We are Seasonal Passholders. We booked our upcoming trip for November in January. I made sure there were no block out days when I booked. Now, two of or vacation days, Nov 18 and 19th, we cannot go into Universal Orlando because of a concert. To say the least, I'm not impressed. To upgrade our passes is $60 ($74 CAD) per person, too much for five of us. :mad:
I'm glad I read it here instead of finding out when we get there, thank you Damo! :thanks:
I guess I will plan a shopping day on a concert day :)
I’m just reading this. Sigh. So disappointed. We are flying down on the 18th and only have four days there. We have seasonal passes and did not know we would be blocked on these days!

Is it just the 18th and 19th? Not the 20th and 21st? I guess we will hope it is warm enough for the pool.

I’m just reading this. Sigh. So disappointed. We are flying down on the 18th and only have four days there. We have seasonal passes and did not know we would be blocked on these days!

Is it just the 18th and 19th? Not the 20th and 21st? I guess we will hope it is warm enough for the pool.

The 18th & 19th would be blackout dates in Universal Studio only due to the Manheim Steamroller concerts. You can still enter Islands of Adventure on those dates.

question for veterans: I have been watching videos of the Macy's parade. Am I right that the best spot to watch is by Mummy so I can see the lighting of the Christmas tree at the end or do they light up the tree any other time? Also for this spot, how far in advance should I plan to be there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter