2017 Marathon Weekend 5K registration fee

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
When will the registration fee for the 2017 Marathon Weekend races be announced? I don't see them on the runDisney website. I'm interested in the 5K but want to know the fee in advance so I can convince DH to do it with me.

TIA!

The most recent races have been around $80 - they'll probably announce them closer to registration.

The wine & dine 5k was $70 and $75 after active fees (oh gotta love those active fees, hahaha!) so that gives you an idea.

Oh yuck! :crazy2: Well, it's definitely a "you are committed now" kind of fee, isn't it! Thanks!

Man, $75 for a 5K. SMH. I have a local race where I can do a 14.1 challenge (1-miler and a half) in one day, great tech shirt, medal, and post-race party for $50.

Man, $75 for a 5K. SMH. I have a local race where I can do a 14.1 challenge (1-miler and a half) in one day, great tech shirt, medal, and post-race party for $50.

It won't be long before Disney crosses the $200 mark for a half. I doubt that'll be the breaking point in getting people to register, but I'm sure it'll have an impact.

Oh yuck! :crazy2: Well, it's definitely a "you are committed now" kind of fee, isn't it! Thanks!

Yah, Run Disney races are certainly much more $$$ than the average race goes! It's a great time, though!

Maybe look into running for a charity?

True story. I have the Sleepy Hollow Half Marathon on my wish list and that's only $60! It's a pretty impressive looking route, along the Hudson in a historical town.

RD is def a costly experience. I've begun running for charities to save on registration.

It won't be long before Disney crosses the $200 mark for a half. I doubt that'll be the breaking point in getting people to register, but I'm sure it'll have an impact.

Sad day when it does come to that price. I'm skipping rD races in 2017 and had plans to run Goofy or Dopey in 2018. The price is already at (or close to) $600 for Dopey and I don't know if I can justify that kind of money for 4 races. I'd be more incline to register for Goofy and add the 5K and 10K on separately (I don't care about a shirt or medal).

At some point, rD prices are going to be way too much for some and like you said, it'll have an impact, small or great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter