2017 WBPC: Zen, Self-Deprecation, and Reflections of a Life Well Cruised

Hello Mr. John! What a witty, winsome wordsmith you are! I have found myself laughing out loud several times reading this trip report and people around me wonder if I'm ok.......

Thank you for your nightly reflections and amazing family photos. Write on, sir. Write on!

Fantastic trip report. I was on this same cruise with my other-half and two other couples. Funny how many of the same time/places we were as y'all... like two ships passing in the night, if you pardon the pun. :goodvibes

:rotfl:Inconceivable!

I read this post with a lisp. #bestmovieever

Day 5, Thursday April 27, Sea Day

Sheesh! They must really have excess inventory of that tangerine scrub stuff! I think I saw in the Navigator that the drink of the day came with a free container of tangerine scrub!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2:

Laughed so hard at this, I think my tea came out my nose.

Thank you for sharing your review! :thumbsup2

We are taking our kids out of school for a week and a half of the WBPC we're taking in March. I don't know if we'll still be able to do it in a few years, but right now? I'm spending my retirement to make memories and family photos with my girls.

Thank you for all the details on why I'm doing that! :D

And as physical exhaustion started to encroach on mental excitement, I thought about the girls, and how much I know they would have enjoyed seeing the Panama Canal with us. We took a lot of great trips, but never quite got this one in with them. At the time, having them miss two weeks of school just didn't seem like responsible parenting, but on this side of them growing-up, I'm not so sure anymore. I'd like to think that two weeks spent traveling with DW and me would have been more educational, more enriching, than two weeks of junior high. I dunno. That's probably just self-serving arrogance on my part. They were both valedictorians of their respective high school classes and I probably shouldn't second guess that outcome. But as this historic crossing of the Panama Canal approached, it was tough to shake the sensation of missed opportunity, and (LOL) missed family photo ops. Some of our best family photos have always been taken on cruises.

Cool? Yes, but I wanted it to be a blue police box. And bigger on the inside.

Loving your report! But I adore your reference here! And I am paying attention seeing how clever you are being.😂

DH and I sail in 9 months for the 2020 WBPC cruise. It will be our 30th anniversary trip too. Thank you for this report, it really helps me to plan and prepare. Can't wait to finish reading!

Thank you John Galt. Loved your trip report. My husband and I are on the WBPC in March 2020. Our boys are both in college so I totally understand the pod with your girls. It is a little bittersweet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!