2018 and 2019 Extended Points Outcomes

Sandisw

DVC Forums
This week, we should begin to see actual reports of what members with these points will be able to do with them,

I thought it would be good to post final outcomes, including how and when you used the , the UY and are they being reallocated into reservations already in place.

Has anyone been able to use them yet?
I have 2018 Apr UY points that will expire worthless on Nov 30th.
And I have been trying to use the 2019 Apr UY but can't. As of today, they are gone and my attempts to call MS for the last 2 weeks gets me a busy signal.

With all these extra points out there I am fearful I wont be able to make my planned vacations with family in the 2021.

Has anyone been able to use them yet?
I have 2018 Apr UY points that will expire worthless on Nov 30th.
And I have been trying to use the 2019 Apr UY but can't. As of today, they are gone and my attempts to call MS for the last 2 weeks gets me a busy signal.

With all these extra points out there I am fearful I wont be able to make my planned vacations with family in the 2021.

I cannot speak for 2018 points (but I believe they'll be treated the same), but for 2019 points, I've been told on 3 different calls to MS...as well as a chat...that they'll be banked into 2020 sometime this week.

We have accepted that we probably won't get to go until May 2021. 1) availability between now and end of year is sparce at best and 2) we are juggling trying to reschedule college visits for my daughter. Hopefully, it all settles out before too long.

All 89 of my cancelled June 2019 points have been automatically banked into June 2020 by DVC at midday today, June 3rd.

I was told when I called about it a couple of weeks ago, that I would have to call back to reallocate them to already booked future stays...so that's what I'm assuming I'll have to do. Gonna wait until it calms down some to do that, though. No sense in holding on the phone for an hour or more and tying up the line for someone else when I can wait a month or two and accomplish the same thing.

All 89 of my cancelled June 2019 points have been automatically banked into June 2020 by DVC at midday today, June 3rd.

I was told when I called about it a couple of weeks ago, that I would have to call back to reallocate them to already booked future stays...so that's what I'm assuming I'll have to do. Gonna wait until it calms down some to do that, though. No sense in holding on the phone for an hour or more and tying up the line for someone else when I can wait a month or two and accomplish the same thing.
As soon as I see ours then I will be calling. We have a reservation booked for Sept that I want them reallocated into and I am nervous that they may change the rules and not allow it. I still dont see our 2019 pushed into 2020 yet. I keep stalking the dashboard.

As soon as I see ours then I will be calling. We have a reservation booked for Sept that I want them reallocated into and I am nervous that they may change the rules and not allow it. I still dont see our 2019 pushed into 2020 yet. I keep stalking the dashboard.

They're not going to change those rules. They're 100% banked points. As long as you use them by the end of your 2020 UY, you're good.

Some of you have got to calm down.

Patience.

I only received 47 of 156 points that were lost from an April trip. I had 78pts on two reservations. Perhaps they were from 2018, but I had used almost all my points, so it would seem odd that was the case. I wish you could tell what uses year your points were being taken from more easily.

I checked my account earlier today and saw that my 33 June 2020 points from a cancelled reservation in April were in my account today--they weren't there yesterday. My borrowed points had already been returned to 2020 so I'm whole again now. Like you, I have to reallocate to a future booked stay, but I'll do that in a few days.

I'm assuming I can't do it online myself by modifying the existing reservation?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

I checked my account earlier today and saw that my 33 June 2020 points from a cancelled reservation in April were in my account today--they weren't there yesterday. My borrowed points had already been returned to 2020 so I'm whole again now. Like you, I have to reallocate to a future booked stay, but I'll do that in a few days.

I'm assuming I can't do it online myself by modifying the existing reservation?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

If you can see them, I’d say try to modify one line. Just go all the way to the end and rebook. You may get a message it’s not pulling them, but in the end it always does.

if it doesn’t work, then you’ll know!

Adding in my two cents. My 2019 UY points have been banked into my 2020 UY and are available onsite. I was able to modify one of my December reservations and utilize the banked points. My current UY points went back into my account. WOOO. Now just to deal with the pesky 2018 points.

Wow! All the talk about reallocated points and I decided to look at my account. I had asked in an email and, later, in Chat to have my points borrowed from 2020 AUG UY returned and they did! And, even better, it was 104 points, although I thought it was only 80 something. It's like Christmas!

They're not going to change those rules. They're 100% banked points. As long as you use them by the end of your 2020 UY, you're good.

Some of you have got to calm down.

Patience.
our points that were sitting in 2019 UY had been banked. We just want to be able to use them, and know that we only have until Nov30th 2020 to do that. I have been patient but this has been ongoing back and forth with what is allowed and what is not within days... sorry if patience is running low. We went ahead and booked a sept reservation to lock a room in before they were all gone. Hope they dont say they cant be pushed into that reservation. I will be relieved when its all set, and we can just worry about the rest of the stuff going on.

My 2019 June UY points were pushed into 2020 today as well. Going to call tomorrow to request the 2018 points that I can’t see to be reallocated to an existing reservation.

Sounds like we have some good news regarding 2019 points. Most seem to be June.

it will be good to hear when other UYs show up automatically. And. Reports of the 2018 and how they were used!
we are JUNE UY and just keep checking... nothing yet.

Hi
SSR June UY
All of my 2019 points have been banked into 2020. But I can't use them. I tried booking a trip for Apr-21 and it tells me I am outside my booking window.
Sorry, your requested dates are outside the booking window for this Resort. Please select travel dates within your 7-month booking window. Or, use Vacation Points from an eligible Home Resort contract to book or modify a reservation
The period I am trying to book is 4/22/21 to 4/30/21 @ SSR. That is within my booking window of 11 months for my home resort. Did they put restrictions on these points that they cannot be used at 11 months out?

Just adding reinforcement that ours also, were placed in 2020 sometime today. I just now thought to look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter