2018 and 2019 Extended Points Outcomes

and we splurged and used 245 pts out of the 250 we had - we didn't want to bother with getting a room with fewer points and then struggling to find a place in RCI that accepted 20-40 points so we just blew them all on one reservation!
I like your thinking, just treat yourself when you can😎

I like your thinking, just treat yourself when you can😎

YES! and we haven't been to WDW since Feb 2019 and this is a kid-free trip (even though they're 21 and 18) so we I wanted to feel quite fancy-pants like!

DH and I are also celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary this October and we were supposed to actually be in the Bahamas Oct 10-17th and that was cancelled since they're not open to the US right now so this is our "make up" trip!

I had my 2018 September use year banked points reallocated today to an existing reservation in mid-November. Also had points that were borrowed from 2021 "un-borrowed" as they will be replaced in a Summer 2020 reservation with 2019 banked points that are now freed from the reallocation of the 2018 points. The cascade of changes is a bit hard to describe. I'm glad now that all my "oddball" point cases are dealt with for the time being.

I do have an Aulani reservation for late November using other 2018 points that I rented out which is getting concerning, but not much I can do on that but wait and see what happens...

Sounds really similar to our situation. They were great about reallocating to some other trips to give us back some bankable 2020 points, also put back the 2021 points. The only part they couldn't adjust was having a handful of points from 2020 UY that were borrowed into 2019. So we took those and just upgraded the room type from studio to 1-BR. All in all, it's been a stressful few months figuring this out but we're feeling much better now with some of the dust settling on the point situation.

Hope Aulani works out for you! We were suppose to go in July and at this point will probably be 2022 before we can bank and save enough to get the room types we want again.

My June UY points did not show online but I called MS to confirm that they were there, I then booked new reservations online using my 2020 points and then called MS to reallocate the 2018 points into them, all done in 5 minutes and the 2020 points showed back up in my dashboard immediately.
I have a June use year and I did the same process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter