2018 Bounce Back released today!!

Don't kill me EvilOne! This is bounceback related but informative!
This came directly from chat, includes resorts and dates excluded.
[‎1/‎22/‎2018 9:54 AM] Clarke, Lisa M.: here are the exclusions:Minimum Requirements here are the exclusions:Minimum Requirements · A deposit of the first night stay plus tax for room only reservations or $200 for package reservations is due upon booking. · Magic Your Way® Packages require a minimum 2-Day Ticket · Ticketless packages require a minimum 2-night length of stay Resort/Room Exclusions · Disney's Art of Animation Resort - The Little Mermaid rooms · The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort · The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort · The Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows · Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge · 3 Bedroom Villas · Value Resorts Excluded: April 26 - 30, May 3 - 6, and May 10 - 13, 2018 · Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Excluded: January 21 - 23 and February 26 - 27, 2018 ·Disney's ContemporaryResort Excluded: April 8 - 12, 2018 · Disney's BoardWalk Inn, Disney's Beach Club Resort, and Disney's Yacht Club Resort Excluded: August 1 - 2 and August 6 - 9, 2018

Going over Easter. We usually go 12/24-1/1, but are considering 12/22-1/1 if we can get free dining. We've done the math and it would save us close to $800 by actually adding days.

Think the bounceback will still be available?

Also - any chance we can book it this weekend when we're down at Dolphin?

Going over Easter. We usually go 12/24-1/1, but are considering 12/22-1/1 if we can get free dining. We've done the math and it would save us close to $800 by actually adding days.

The Free Dining bounceback was for stays through 10/31/17.

The bounceback for your Easter trip is likely to be a room-only discount.

I don't believe the Swan and Dolphin are considered actual Disney resorts therefore I don't think you'd be eligible to book a BounceBack when staying there. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, as previous poster mentioned, the FD BB offer is not normally available to be booked until mid-August. Until then it's a RO discount that is being offered.

Don't kill me EvilOne! This is bounceback related but informative!
This came directly from chat, includes resorts and dates excluded.
[‎1/‎22/‎2018 9:54 AM] Clarke, Lisa M.: here are the exclusions:Minimum Requirements here are the exclusions:Minimum Requirements · A deposit of the first night stay plus tax for room only reservations or $200 for package reservations is due upon booking. · Magic Your Way® Packages require a minimum 2-Day Ticket · Ticketless packages require a minimum 2-night length of stay Resort/Room Exclusions · Disney's Art of Animation Resort - The Little Mermaid rooms · The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort · The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort · The Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows · Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge · 3 Bedroom Villas · Value Resorts Excluded: April 26 - 30, May 3 - 6, and May 10 - 13, 2018 · Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Excluded: January 21 - 23 and February 26 - 27, 2018 ·Disney's ContemporaryResort Excluded: April 8 - 12, 2018 · Disney's BoardWalk Inn, Disney's Beach Club Resort, and Disney's Yacht Club Resort Excluded: August 1 - 2 and August 6 - 9, 2018

That’s weird because I booked a B.B. from my room at BC for another reservation at BC which starts 8/9/18 and ends 4 nights later. So at least in December 2017 when I booked it, 8/9/18 was not a black out date.

To answer my own post, just looked and 8/9 is at rack rate and rest of nights are BB rate. Wish he would have told me this when booking.

I'd love to hear some bounceback rates people have been getting lately, especially for late April. I'm really curious. Been to WDW a lot over the past few years but haven't tried BB before, gave it a shot this time since we know we'll be back in April. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was planning on booking something and then comparing it to the passholder rates when they come out, but didn't book because the prices were not good deals at all. In fact, the new Fun and Sun deal that just came out is actually better than what I was quoted, which is as follows:

(April 15-21)

Pop (standard): $141/night
AKL (standard): $349/night
Boardwalk (garden): $453/night

I booked three Pop bouncebacks back in December. For April, I got a 16% discount and a rate of $126.62 per night. The other two later in the year I did get 20%. I figured since I was riding the coattails of Easter break, and it's over the Dark Side marathon weekend, the discount was a little less. I had the room booked at a rack rate of $150.94. The Fun and Sun deal didn't help me because I booked a standard room and all I found on the deal were preferred rooms. I really want a refurbished room, and a standard room gives me a better chance right now as more of them are completed than preferred. I am still keeping my eyes open for the passholder and resident deals to see if they are better though.

Let's say I book a room at ASM in May 2018 one night, I would be able to get the BB for May 2019 correct? I am really hoping this is the case, we are going to Universal for one day this year and are coming back for a week next May for graduation!

Let's say I book a room at ASM in May 2018 one night, I would be able to get the BB for May 2019 correct? I am really hoping this is the case, we are going to Universal for one day this year and are coming back for a week next May for graduation!
Unfortunately, the room only bounce back discount for 2019 won't come out until October, 2018. The free dining bounce back offer for select dates in 2019 won't come out until around the beginning of August.

Unfortunately, the room only bounce back discount for 2019 won't come out until October, 2018. The free dining bounce back offer for select dates in 2019 won't come out until around the beginning of August.
Well that stinks! Thank you so much for getting back to me

Hey I have a question I'm not sure if anyone here knows. With the new ticket prices if you add additonal tickets or people to your bounceback will your package stay the same or adjusted for the new ticket prices?

Hey I have a question I'm not sure if anyone here knows. With the new ticket prices if you add additonal tickets or people to your bounceback will your package stay the same or adjusted for the new ticket prices?

I believe any changes to your package will cause it to change to the new prices. Your price is guaranteed for the package "as is". If you change the package, Disney can change the price.

In the past, room and ticket prices would remain the same based on the booking date. The problem is with making changes. In the last few years, when you call CRO to make changes (ie remove a day for example), they would attempt to rebook the package. Usually they'll say they can't do it, specially if the offer you used already expired. In that case, Guest Services needs to get involved (or you need to have them transfer you to them) and they'll be able to make the changes. If they were to rebook, it would result in a new total based on the new prices.

So if you already had a package booked, price should remain as it was priced at booking, but if you make changes, it could bring in the new prices...

In the past, room and ticket prices would remain the same based on the booking date. The problem is with making changes. In the last few years, when you call CRO to make changes (ie remove a day for example), they would attempt to rebook the package. Usually they'll say they can't do it, specially if the offer you used already expired. In that case, Guest Services needs to get involved (or you need to have them transfer you to them) and they'll be able to make the changes. If they were to rebook, it would result in a new total based on the new prices.

So if you already had a package booked, price should remain as it was priced at booking, but if you make changes, it could bring in the new prices...

Thanks Yeah so I had told my cousin in law that she and her daughter were welcomed to jump in our room at AOA. She was still trying to decide. I told her she had time. But now I'm afraid if I add her it will cause a rebook. Then I was also thinking of adding an extra day of ticket and/or changing from Quick Service to the Standard for my free dining and paying the difference but now I'm I'll probably just leave everything else as is but still concerned if my cousin will cause an adjustment to 2018 ticket prices.

I think you're best to call Disney @su_A_ve and have them answer your questions. It seems a shame to miss out on the trip you really want if some of the changes you want would not change your reservation. Can't hurt to call and ask them to run the numbers.

So from what I am reading and seeing here, the current bounceback ends on August 15. Will something new be offered as of the 16th? Our travel dates this year are August 13-23, and I would like to book a bounceback for 2019 (did I really just say that lol?). Would you advise waiting until after the 15th, or book something first, then changing it if something *else* like free dining is offered? I'm a teacher so all of our travels are late August. What would you advise about booking?

So from what I am reading and seeing here, the current bounceback ends on August 15. Will something new be offered as of the 16th? Our travel dates this year are August 13-23, and I would like to book a bounceback for 2019 (did I really just say that lol?). Would you advise waiting until after the 15th, or book something first, then changing it if something *else* like free dining is offered? I'm a teacher so all of our travels are late August. What would you advise about booking?

I believe the bounceback offer has historically switched to a free dining offer in August, that runs through October. It will be very interesting to see if they do indeed do this, as 2019 will have so many new attractions (Star Wars, Mickey's Runaway Railroad, Skyliner, etc) that they may no longer feel the need to do free dining. At least, that's the speculation among many bloggers.

I travel from late October-early November, so if I do a bounceback for 2019 I hope to have the option of both free dining and room only offers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!