2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear TS credits do not pool between adults and kids. This has left us with 3 extra kids credits, can we convert them to QS credits???

Has this been confirmed? Are TS adult/children credits no longer being pooled for the Deluxe plan?

Has this been confirmed? Are TS adult/children credits no longer being pooled for the Deluxe plan?

The poster who said that hasn't been back to clarify whether she was talking about the deluxe plan or not, and since that was her first post in over a year I'm not sure she will be. But since that post mentioned converting TS credits to CS, my guess is that she was on the basic DDP, not deluxe.

If DxDDP pooling ends, I expect we'll see whole threads about it before too long. Especially with free dining season starting and the upgrade being so popular with DISers.

There are no TS or QS credits on the deluxe plan; only "meal" credits. It's usually safe to assume that anyone who specifically lists TS and QS credits is talking about the regular plan.

I dont think anyone can know if Disney will change how credits are categorized until the 2018 plan goes into effect. Personally, I think the way credits on the DxDDP are treated will stay the same because Disney is trying very hard to sell their dining plans, but you never know. As has been suggested already, if there are changes we will see the posts here.

Like how desserts are a bizarro tax on people that have diabetes or a food addiction?

Or how the extra cost because it includes meat is a bizarro tax on vegan/vegetarians?

They raise the price every year and this price increase doesn't seem to be that much higher even with the alcohol.

Stacy
That's a very good point. Our whole family has to be on the dining plan if we want it, and our family consists of 2 meat eaters and 2 vegetarian/vegans. When we go to TS restaurants, the veggie meals are significantly under the credit value. We accept that... don't complain or ask for it to change. If we don't like it, we don't need to get the dining plan. In fact we never "pay" for the dining plan. We do however get free dining, as when we calculate out the discount vs. room only, it works out to better savings for our family and how we like to dine at Disney. And for the record... none of us are big drinkers... so the addition of alcohol is no big deal for us. But I will be more apt to have a glass of wine with dinner.

I posted this on the thread about changes to the F! packages, and I was wondering if it had occurred to anyone else...

The package meals, as well as character meals and buffets, specify that a non-alcoholic drink is included in the price. It seems to me that Disney could very well say that because the non-alcoholic beverage is included in the price of the meal, which the dining plan is paying for, the plan doesn't cover alcohol at those locations because any alcohol you ordered would essentially be a second/extra beverage. Maybe I'm overthinking - hopefully! - but the changes to the F! package and how it will exclude apps that the DxDDP would otherwise cover got me thinking about what else might be included under "normal" dining plan conditions but excluded from special experience meals.

Well, none in the Magic Kingdom. Elsewhere, I'd say at least 50% of quick service locations have at least wine or beer or a specialty drink, and quite a few have multiple options.

Well, none in the Magic Kingdom. Elsewhere, I'd say at least 50% of quick service locations have at least wine or beer or a specialty drink, and quite a few have multiple options.

Outside of MK, I'd say it's more like 95 - 100% of all the major QS places have some kind of alcoholic drink.

Most every QS outside Magic Kingdom has a limited selection of beer and possibly a cocktail or two. Some (like Satu'li Canteen or PizzaRizzo) also have wine. Angry Orchard cider pops up sometimes.

Outside of MK, I'd say it's more like 95 - 100% of all the major QS places have some kind of alcoholic drink.

I think I confused myself... you're right, most offer at least beer or wine. I think my 50% is (roughly) the number of locations that offer a drink other than (or in addition to) beer and wine.

(And that's based on menus as of a month or so ago, who knows what's changed.)

Hi everyone! I am new here...and new to Disney as of this October. We have 2 reservations at PORS for my hubs, 9 yo turning 10 while at WDW, and myself on one and my parents on another...so 2 rooms. We three are on the Deluxe Dining plan and my parents are not. We chose this because its too much food for all 5 of us to be on but too little for the regular DDP. We will be there for 9 nights.

I am debating paying for childs meals OOP and saving those credits for our adult breakfasts since child doesnt eat as much as we do. I read that deluxe dining credits are not separated between child and adult and we have our plan booked as 1 child and 2 adults because of the age being 9 when we arrive. What do you think? I am trying to save where we can and use this plan in the most cost effective way.

We also have 2 dinners that will use 2 table service credits...CRT and Brown Derby as well. For those dinners I was planning on having child dinner on the plan instead of OOP. Thanks in advance for the help!

We also have 2 dinners that will use 2 table service credits...CRT and Brown Derby as well. For those dinners I was planning on having child dinner on the plan instead of OOP. Thanks in advance for the help!

Is the Brown Derby dinner a Fantasmic package? If not, then ordering a kid's meal OOP would be better here as well.

As far as we know, using all your credits for adult meals and paying OOP for your child will still be okay. With app, entrée, and dessert on the table, you may even be able to share some meals between the adults and stretch your credits a little farther.

Yep, we reserved the fantasmic package so I figured on using the ddp for her there. With having 3 on the plan for 9 days, we will have 81 ts credits and 54 snack credits so i am trying to stretch it all as far as we can between 5 of us. I just found out yesterday that at POR cafe, the biscuits and gravy and side of bacon are considered snack credits! So that was a pleasant surprise! If all goes well, maybe we wont have to pay too much out of pocket. Thank you for the reply..so helpful!

I don't know your whole eating plan but I would be shocked if you pay much for anything extra. I don't think you realize how much food is on the DxDP. Its a ton! I can usually only do the DxDDP for a couple of days otherwise, it just gets overwhelming. If you have any days where you are eating 3 meals, I would change those for sure. Otherwise, using child credits for an adult is a great use of the plan.

I don't know your whole eating plan but I would be shocked if you pay much for anything extra. I don't think you realize how much food is on the DxDP. Its a ton! I can usually only do the DxDDP for a couple of days otherwise, it just gets overwhelming. If you have any days where you are eating 3 meals, I would change those for sure. Otherwise, using child credits for an adult is a great use of the plan.
Normally the DxDP would be way too much for just the 3 of us. But we are sharing our credits with my parents who are on a separate ressie with no dining plan. With the current ressies we have totals 80 dining credits...and we have 54 snack credits to use up for breakfast and whatever else.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the website that compares if it is more cost effective to use a dining plan or pay out of pocket if you won't have enough dining credits?

Also trying to work out roughly if it is better value to pay for Cinderellas Royal table separately or use the 2 tS credits?

Does anyone know the website that compares if it is more cost effective to use a dining plan or pay out of pocket if you won't have enough dining credits?

Also trying to work out roughly if it is better value to pay for Cinderellas Royal table separately or use the 2 tS credits?

I think the TS credit works out to be worth $40-42 for the 2018 plan. So any meal less than that will be the one to pay OOP.

Normally the DxDP would be way too much for just the 3 of us. But we are sharing our credits with my parents who are on a separate ressie with no dining plan. With the current ressies we have totals 80 dining credits...and we have 54 snack credits to use up for breakfast and whatever else.

Oh I caught that part, I'm just saying its a ton of food and I don't forsee you needing to spend a lot OOP. Don't forget you can always share credits too. Most often I'll get the app and dessert as my meal and my DH eats the entree. Or my DD will get the app and I'll get the entree and we split dessert. We still leave very full. Also don't forget to allow extra time. With app, entree and dessert, its hard to do a meal in under 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts