2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a tricky one -- we are staying two nights at the Beach Club, going on a Disney Cruise, then staying two nights at the Poly. If I bought the DxDDP with my Beach Club package, any chance I could finish using those credits when I got to the Poly? Or would that mess it all up with the gap in between?

Here's a tricky one -- we are staying two nights at the Beach Club, going on a Disney Cruise, then staying two nights at the Poly. If I bought the DxDDP with my Beach Club package, any chance I could finish using those credits when I got to the Poly? Or would that mess it all up with the gap in between?

No, your credits would expire on midnight of your checkout day from Beach Club.

I tried to do some searching but wasn't having any luck. If we have two adults on the dining plan, and one isn't as much of a drinker, could they still order an alcoholic drink and then the other person drink it? Just curious if anyone has any experience with that.

I tried to do some searching but wasn't having any luck. If we have two adults on the dining plan, and one isn't as much of a drinker, could they still order an alcoholic drink and then the other person drink it? Just curious if anyone has any experience with that.
They could but the person would have to buy another drink if they wanted one.

Thanks @sharonabe and @lovethesun12

One more question, I've never used the dining plan. We're doing a trip next summer with my ILs, which would include just a quick stop at WDW. So theoretically I could book
  • One night room only for ILs
  • One night for DH and I with DxDP
  • We would have 6 credits that I could use between the 4 of us
Am I understanding correctly?

Thanks @sharonabe and @lovethesun12

One more question, I've never used the dining plan. We're doing a trip next summer with my ILs, which would include just a quick stop at WDW. So theoretically I could book
  • One night room only for ILs
  • One night for DH and I with DxDP
  • We would have 6 credits that I could use between the 4 of us
Am I understanding correctly?

Unless Disney decides to go back to their "no sharing of credits" policy, you can do that. There's been no rumblings or rumors that they will, but you never know, so just be sure to check into the dining plan forum every now and then to check.

Unless Disney decides to go back to their "no sharing of credits" policy, you can do that. There's been no rumblings or rumors that they will, but you never know, so just be sure to check into the dining plan forum every now and then to check.
Definitely! I'm in the early stages of budgeting this trip... I always like to make a note of savings ideas and see if they'll still work at trip time :) Thanks!

How does the price fixe work, in particular ar Le Cellier?

We are on the DDP. At Le Cellier can we order of either the regular menu or the Price Fixe menu or do we need to order specifically from one or the other?

Looking at AS movies menu, for QS credit let's say I buy a chicken parm sandwich which comes with fries and also a mimosa. That's a whole QS credit correct? I have neither over spent nor under spent?

Looking at AS movies menu, for QS credit let's say I buy a chicken parm sandwich which comes with fries and also a mimosa. That's a whole QS credit correct? I have neither over spent nor under spent?
That sounds correct to me....one entree and one beverage (whether it be alcoholic or non-alcoholic) And for example, if you’d like a dessert you could get one using a snack credit during the same transaction.

Any entree that is listed "with" or "and" something is a combo and is eligible for a QS credit. If there is no "with" or "and" then you only get the entree.

Any entree that is listed "with" or "and" something is a combo and is eligible for a QS credit. If there is no "with" or "and" then you only get the entree.

Oh, so no mimosa then, I thought it might be considered the drink.---
Edited: oops, NVM, I don't think your referring to that and wdwrule cleared it up.

Thanks both of you!

That sounds correct to me....one entree and one beverage (whether it be alcoholic or non-alcoholic) And for example, if you’d like a dessert you could get one using a snack credit during the same transaction.

Thanks, I was thinking it did come with the drink still.
That's kind of what I was trying to figure out, if I could get the sandwich entree and the mimosa. And that's it. I understand now about the dessert is separate, won't need that then anyway.

Gotta question I hope it's too convoluted .... my sister and I (adults) are going to WDW in August with my daughter (17+) and we have a free QS dining plan from a 2017 bounceback offer.

What we've done in the past with the dining plan is get 2 QS meals and split it between the three of us. Since it's so darn hot in August, we like to eat more light meals during the day than 2 heavy ones. Anyh, for an example, if we go to the Mexico QS (can't recall the name right note hw), we'd probably get two full meals (with margaritas!) then maybe use a snack credit for something else for DD, or buy her something basic out-of-pocket and then share the meals.

So we have a total of 24 QS meals (4 days, three people, 2 QS daily). Does that mean we have 16 QS meals with adult beverages, and 8 without? Or are all the QS meals pooled and we could theoretically get 24 meals with alcoholic beverage if we pay for DD out of pocket? THANKS!

Does that mean we have 16 QS meals with adult beverages, and 8 without? Or are all the QS meals pooled and we could theoretically get 24 meals with alcoholic beverage if we pay for DD out of pocket? THANKS!
QS are pooled. So yes you could choose to do all the meals with an alcoholic drink if you choose, except at MK where none of the QS serve alcohol.

Gotta question I hope it's too convoluted .... my sister and I (adults) are going to WDW in August with my daughter (17+) and we have a free QS dining plan from a 2017 bounceback offer.

What we've done in the past with the dining plan is get 2 QS meals and split it between the three of us. Since it's so darn hot in August, we like to eat more light meals during the day than 2 heavy ones. Anyh, for an example, if we go to the Mexico QS (can't recall the name right note hw), we'd probably get two full meals (with margaritas!) then maybe use a snack credit for something else for DD, or buy her something basic out-of-pocket and then share the meals.

So we have a total of 24 QS meals (4 days, three people, 2 QS daily). Does that mean we have 16 QS meals with adult beverages, and 8 without? Or are all the QS meals pooled and we could theoretically get 24 meals with alcoholic beverage if we pay for DD out of pocket? THANKS!
They don't differentiate credits when it comes to the QSDP. We also have a Bounceback in August, and I plan on paying out of pocket for my 4 year old's juicebox, while I enjoy a margarita ;)

Question, on DxDDP: Teppan Edo. How is sushi counted? Appetizers or entree?
: Planet Hollywood: is a shake a drink or dessert? And can child under 10 order one on the plan?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!