2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reviews of the Italian Regional Lunch, yet? I would love to hear about it!
I was at the lunch today. It was fabulous. Mostly due to our dining companions. We very much enjoyed the conversation.

The meal started with a prosciutto and Parmesan paired with processco. Excellent. Next was a butternut risotto which was the best course. It was creamy perfection. It was paired with a white wine and I don’t care for white wines.

Next up was a monkfish, clams and mussels. Also with white wine. I personally do not care for any of this. Next up was a good red wine (yay!) and venison - something I also don’t care for so I didn’t eat. Good refills on the red so I was happy.

Dessert was a hazelnut and moscato. I generally think moscato is too sweet, however this was welcomed.

All in all, our dining companions an A, food a good a C because I’m not a fan of the offerings. Wouldn’t hesitate to roll the dice again.

I was in the Festival Center on Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday (September 8th, 10th, and 11th) of last week, and there were no chocolate samples while I was there.

Ok - so have we figured out if you have to go to EpCOT 4 days in a row to get the cutting board? I can change my plans and do that, but it would be easier if I didn't have to.

I went to the festival two different afternoons over Labor Day week. Just now getting back here to post my favorites... and a couple of not so favorites!

My top pick would be the Short Rib Tostada from the Mexico booth - it's the only dish that I got twice since I loved the first one so much! The Sangria drink at that booth was very tasty also.

Also topping the list:

Le Cellier Filet Mignon from Canada - this was the very first dish I tried and very tasty. A little salty, but I really enjoyed the dish overall.

Steakhouse Blended Burger from Earth Eats - about the size of a large slider and very good.

Butternut Squash Ravioli from Wine and Dine - I was very tempted to get a second helping of this as well! So yummy!

Bougatsa from Greece - I was very happy that I tried this since I ended up really enjoying it!

Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart from the Chocolate Lab - with those ingredients you can't go wrong in my book. It was beautifully presented as well!

Maple Boursin Bourbon Cheesecake from the Cheese Studio - this was excellent as well. The only thing that could be improved is that it could be chilled more before serving.

Italian Margarita from Italy - another really nice surprise and very refreshing!

Fromosa from the Mimosa Bar - my only complaint was that they don't give you more!

At the bottom of the list were the two dishes I got from Coastal Eats. The lump crab cake didn't have much flavor and the shrimp scampi dip was WAY too salty and stuck with me the entire rest of the day in the form of indigestion. Yuck.

Overall I really enjoyed my lunches at Food and Wine!

Last edited:
I was in the Festival Center on Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday (September 8th, 10th, and 11th) of last week, and there were no chocolate samples while I was there.

I received a sample when I was there on Friday (the 7th) of Labor Day week. I also received a sample the previous evening at the Disney Springs location.

I went to the festival two different afternoons over Labor Day week. Just now getting back here to post my favorites... and a couple of not so favorites!

My top pick would be the Short Rib Tostada from the Mexico booth - it's the only dish that I got twice since I loved the first one so much! The Sangria drink at that booth was very tasty also.

Also topping the list:

Le Cellier Filet Mignon from Canada - this was the very first dish I tried and very tasty. A little salty, but I really enjoyed the dish overall.

Steakhouse Blended Burger from Earth Eats - about the size of a large slider and very good.

Butternut Squash Ravioli from Wine and Dine - I was very tempted to get a second helping of this as well! So yummy!

Bougatsa from Greece - I was very happy that I tried this since I ended up really enjoying it!

Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart from the Chocolate Lab - with those ingredients you can't go wrong in my book. It was beautifully presented as well!

Maple Boursin Bourbon Cheesecake from the Cheese Studio - this was excellent as well. The only thing that could be improved is that it could be chilled more before serving.

Italian Margarita from Italy - another really nice surprise and very refreshing!

Fromosa from the Mimosa Bar - my only complaint was that they don't give you more!

At the bottom of the list were the two dishes I got from Coastal Eats. The lump crab cake didn't have much flavor and the shrimp scampi dip was WAY too salty and stuck with me the entire rest of the day in the form of indigestion. Yuck.

Overall I really enjoyed my lunches at Food and Wine!
How would you say the steak was cooked in Canada? Tim tracker showed theirs and it was pretty well done looking.

We were there on a Monday and even asked them for samples and they said there were none.

How would you say the steak was cooked in Canada? Tim tracker showed theirs and it was pretty well done looking.

I'd say it was well done but very tender! I forgot to grab a knife but was able to eat it with just a fork... tad bit messier looking though but as you can see from my first photo it was pretty uncrowded that day so fewer people to witness my lack of dining etiquette! ;)

Filet, Canada.jpg

Filet.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t know what I’m looking forward to, to be honest nothing seems that it stands out and I’ve watched a ton of videos.

I received a sample when I was there on Friday (the 7th) of Labor Day week. I also received a sample the previous evening at the Disney Springs location.

We were at Disney Springs on 9/14 and F&W on 9/15 and didn't get chocolate samples at either. My DD15 was disappointed but I think the 10 lbs. of candy we snagged at MNSSHP made up for it lol.

We were at Disney Springs on 9/14 and F&W on 9/15 and didn't get chocolate samples at either. My DD15 was disappointed but I think the 10 lbs. of candy we snagged at MNSSHP made up for it lol.

Hmm, that's strange! At each location they had a woman out front with a basket of chocolate to give people samples on 9/6 (DS) and 9/7 (EP).

I spent more on bottled water this trip than ever before, we just couldn't seem to get enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter