2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It's a 3+ hour long meal with multiple courses paired with a different wine for each course. They also discuss the different pairings throughout the meal while the wait staff bustles around clearing, serving food & refilling drinks. Not really a place for kids to be underfoot. The restaurant is not set up to keep kids entertained while their parents attend this adult oriented event. Also with the limited seating they will not allow extra non-paying bodies to tag along taking space away from paying guests.
Agree. If your kids aren't eating, they won't be permitted into the restaurant since you are seated family style at a table with other paying guests. We were at a table for six with the two of us, our son and another group of three. If you sit, you pay.

It is my first time at WDW and F&W. I'm really interested in the French Meal Tradition. Is it possible to go with my kids that won't be eating and pay for only one (my) ticket? They are picky eaters.

I have seen people try. No, they won't let you in with the kids. If they have room they will sell you a full price seat for your kids (yes full price)
They also will not let you sit in the back and "hide" the kids behind the seating area where you can 'keep an eye on them' while you eat (saw a family try that too... Finally Dad gave up and left so Mom could stay, it was a costly error)

It is my first time at WDW and F&W. I'm really interested in the French Meal Tradition. Is it possible to go with my kids that won't be eating and pay for only one (my) ticket? They are picky eaters.
Agree with what everyone else has said — each guest must pay, which I think is the right way to handle this event.

I will only add that we’ve done this event with our kids beginning at ages 10 and 11 — we’re doing it again this year when they’ll be 12 and 13. They have always been into trying different foods and have eaten everything each time. They’re mature and don’t need to be entertained — they find the event entertaining. :)

While they obviously don’t have the alcohol (!!!) we think it’s worth it for them to have the overall experience, which they both really enjoy.

Just adding this so that others don’t assume kids can’t or shouldn’t attend — it just has to be the right fit.

Did did anyone go to the Italian regional lunch last year? I have the French meal traditions and Parisian breakfast booked. I’m thinking of adding the Italian lunch as well. Anyone have thoughts about the food, wine, or overall value? Everything looks so good...

Did did anyone go to the Italian regional lunch last year? I have the French meal traditions and Parisian breakfast booked. I’m thinking of adding the Italian lunch as well. Anyone have thoughts about the food, wine, or overall value? Everything looks so good...
We did it two years ago and really enjoyed the meal. Each week they did a different menu and a different dessert. Our was a chocolate piano. It was so cute I almost didn't want to eat it.

The Italian Wine Lunch was wonderful last year. I personally felt the Italian wines at this event were expertly paired and each course was exceptional. Tiziano, the Sommelier, provided delightful explanations of each wine. We immediately booked this again for our September trip this year.BA67E8E6-A257-463C-9053-E1465954D0D8.jpeg
4E6C823F-3C08-4E36-93F1-40CF2D87089F.jpeg
F74D9F39-A99B-4E24-A96B-ABF767434DD0.jpeg
6BCC57D8-E972-4135-BE7D-F2538E8CFD28.jpeg
C0D9F287-CF10-4422-9F13-D600A9AA43EE.jpeg
0FEAE659-C1ED-43C3-A0A3-8681CC4570CC.jpeg
DDF00A34-CEB2-4E97-8031-24BFC718382B.jpeg

Wow! Thanks guys. This sounds so great. I really want to book it but I am worried about over scheduling our week. We don’t have an adr for either of the days we could do this but then when would we go to the booths? Lol...too much good food to try :jumping1:

Thanks for the information! I will just enjoy the booths and they are kind of excited about playing remys hide and squeak. I may be back next year in a solo trip to enjoy adult events!

Depends on the event. At the French Family Meals, you typically get refills. At the Italian Beer VS Wine, you don't. You also don't get refills at the Mexican Tequila Lunch.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the Italian regional meal specifically. I saw one review that mentioned they received refills but only one review, unlike the French family one where almost everyone’s mentioned the awesome refills.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the Italian regional meal specifically. I saw one review that mentioned they received refills but only one review, unlike the French family one where almost everyone’s mentioned the awesome refills.
They do refill at the Italian Regional meals but don't wait to long to ask for the refills as some of them run out if you wait too long. Once they start prepping the bottles for the next course they are usually not going to open anymore of the previous wine, though sometimes if enough people ask for more they will but they usually have a set amount that they plan to serve.

At the French Family Meal Tradition, they have a bottle of wine on each table. They replace the bottle if you need another. At the Italian Regional Lunch Wine Pairing they walk around with the wine.

I just made a Via Napoli reservation for Eat to the Beat. Does anyone know where the seating is, and if we still have to wait in a long line to get our seats?

Also, is there a special menu we pick from?

Thanks!

I don’t think I can resist. How are the wine pairings? Do you get refills?
It never occurs to me to ask for refills at wine pairing events because I always assume the price does not include refills. However, I certainly will allow my glass to be refilled if asked. IIRC, they only asked if I wanted a refill of the initial Prosecco at the Italian Regional Luncheon last year.

They do refill at the Italian Regional meals but don't wait to long to ask for the refills as some of them run out if you wait too long. Once they start prepping the bottles for the next course they are usually not going to open anymore of the previous wine, though sometimes if enough people ask for more they will but they usually have a set amount that they plan to serve.

Thanks for this great information!

At the French Family Meal Tradition, they have a bottle of wine on each table. They replace the bottle if you need another. At the Italian Regional Lunch Wine Pairing they walk around with the wine.

Thanks for explaining the difference between the two!

I think I’m going for it. Would hate to regret not doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!