2018 M&M McFlurry Marathon Weekend BOOKED

John VN

N.Y. STYLE CHEESECAKE RULES!!!
Sight booked, Marathon registration completed so all that awaits is the M&M McFlurry at mile 15.75 :yay:

We are reducing our pavement pounding exploits and my face plant possibilities to the WDW Marathon Weekend Marathon, I have FPed twice at RD events and the Celebration Half Marathon with one FP. This November will most likely be our final Space Coast Half Marathon that will be followed by a DCL Dream concierge 4 nighter. Funny thing is that venue has been my safest, so go figure. :crutches:

The preparation begins after tomorrows Bike Sebring 12/24 Hour 300+ mile bicycling attempt starting at 6:30AM. All here can join in next year..... http://www.bikesebring.org/ :duck:

Stay vertical and have fun

McFlurry John

Ouch... I can only imagine the Face Plants!

Hope this one is much better. You have plenty of time to prepare for the Marathon AND keeping vertical! :D

Keep on trucking/running/riding, John!

I was glad to meet you this past year and I will follow your 2018 Disney run from home this time.

Personally I have one more half left the first weekend of March. I did a half two weeks ago and the last 3.5 miles was going into 28mph headwinds. Ugh...

Bama Ed

PS - a cruise after a race is quite the plan...

I am signed up for the marathon and the 10k. Bert needs to sign himself up. I think he is doing the marathon for the anniversary medal. Tomorrow I better send the email to get our site. The way the holiday falls it will be a tougher ressie to get.

I am hoping the Disney marathon will be a fun race as I plan my first BQ marathon for oct but if that goes poorly then Disney will be the next shot.

Right now am thinking about Atlanta half on march 19 and am currently trying out yoga.

We have a premium site Jan 2 to Jan 14. Would be nice if we can score Jan 1 but am sure that will be tough. Only issue with check in on Jan 2 is I have eo take the day off.

We're in! We booked for a premium site 1/2-1/17. Now to decide if I'm ready to dive into the Dopey or the Marathon by itself

Glad you-all are booked in.

Completed my 2017 Bike Sebring 12/24 Hours with 307.8 miles with AND NO FALLING DOWN. :dogdance:

Ozgood you did the marathon last year so you are ready for dopey! I am such a pusher.

John, great job no falling down.

So they opened registration early for the January 2018 Marathon Weekend?

Isn't that a little out of the ordinary? I thought the registration for the general public was in April or so. Because I'm not AP or Florida resident or any other special group...

That being said, I'm not signing up for a dang thing in Jan 2018.

But I :rolleyes1 may :rolleyes1 have some camping time after Christmas south of WDW through New Year ...

and :rolleyes1 may :rolleyes1 be able to stop off at the Fort on the way north headed home sometime during the first week of January.

I would :rolleyes1 love :rolleyes1 to be there to cheer DIS'sers on for the races whenever I am there.

So bottom line is I didn't think I'd be at the Fort January 2018 but I just :rolleyes1 might :rolleyes1 be.

I still want to get a McFlurry with John VN even if I have to fan-boy and pay for him and Kathy on like Thursday or Friday. I was robbed of my McFlurry last year so I will buy if John allows me to do so early.

I'll offer to drive over to Mickey D's too.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Bama Ed, you know you want to sign up. Yes I am still a pusher, but it will be awesome if you cheer too.

I have to look when the Birmingham marathon is. I heard it is good for BQ. While I am hoping to BQ in Oct, I need to keep my options open.

Bama Ed, you know you want to sign up. Yes I am still a pusher, but it will be awesome if you cheer too.

I have to look when the Birmingham marathon is. I heard it is good for BQ. While I am hoping to BQ in Oct, I need to keep my options open.

Kris, the reality is that I'll have to be headed home by that Saturday of Marathon week if this plan works out. And since the sign-up is already open, I noted that the Half and Whole are still open but the earlier races (5k/10k) are sold out already.

Well in Birmingham you're referring to the Mercedes Marathon which is run on a Sunday in mid-February. Have done its Whole once and its Half many times. The course is a 13 miler now so the Half runs it once in a loop and the Whole runs it twice. I wouldn't necessarily think of it as a good Boston qualifier but that's just me. There's one long gentle up hill grade, then some dipsey do's over by the golf course. This is the "newer" course on "this side" of Red Mountain. The old course I ran went up and over Red Mountain and back on the Whole which.was.so.much.fun. <not> :sad2:

If you and Bert come over for it, I'll go downtown and cheer for you both. :cheer2: I've got one of those annoying cowbells that I haven't used in a while.

Bama Ed

............:cheer2: I've got one of those annoying cowbells that I haven't used in a while.

Bama Ed

I got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL !!!!!!!!!!!

Plans are made to be broken, right??????, so a Mickey Marathon could still be in the works for 2018......right????, and then I could treat the McFlurry.

Kris- I'm getting better with every ride, 125 miles today and again stayed upright, same with Tuesday's 120 miles. You know the sooner you BQ the less stress, so just get 'r done.

Agree completely John. Right now the legs are bothering me a bit. Just over use. Going to try and back off a bit. It's also time for me to ge the bike out. Need to get them to the shop for a spring tune up. Hoping some long bike rides to take some stress off.

Plan for summer focus on 5k and 10ks to work on speed. Then hit the marathon training.

Sounds like a good plan to avoid injury. I'm putting another Ironman on hold right now to focus on next year's RAAM qualifier at Bike Sebring. 400 miles with no drafting in 24 hours. Most likely an impossibility but I've got to try and being easier on the knees is a big PLUS.

I can't believe I did it, but I signed up for Dopey I have lost my mind...here goes nothing!

I will meet you for the McFlurry, John!

It's not too late Bama Ed...you know you want to run the marathon for the anniversary!!!

It's not too late Bama Ed...you know you want to run the marathon for the anniversary!!!

Wow Paula that's what I call a STRETCH objective for next year. :eek:

Tell you what I could do, though, to help us both out... :scratchin

1. You pick up your bib at the Expo on Wednesday of Marathon week.

2. Give the bib to me and I will run the 5k on Thursday and 10k on Friday while you sleep in, rest, get a massage, consult your dietitian and sports psychologist, and train for the weekend. (I will make sure I cross the finish line in a gaggle of folks so no one can tell that Paula=Ed).

3. After I return the bib to you, on Saturday and Sunday morning you can go out and tap dance your way around both courses.

4. You can keep all the medals (heck you paid for the Dopey) but that way i can enjoy the hubbub of the shorter races.

Sound like a plan? :teacher:

Bama Ed

Ozgood, it's an addiction so glad you are signed up. We he toughest part are the 4 days of early wake ups. It was tough with two days for goofy.

Am trying to take it easy. I pushed too soon after NOLA and am hurting. Think two weeks off will help. Yoga and strength training. Then hoping to be on the bike and start working on speed.

I can't believe I did it, but I signed up for Dopey................

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! The more the merrier for McFlurry sharing.

I got out at 12:08AM this morning for the start of my 140 miles of bicycling. Tomorrow Kathy and I will get some walking in starting at a late 5:30/6:00AM.

Well we have firmed up some plans regarding the crumbs I dropped in post #9 above.

We'll be down in the Florida Keys camping and will be stopping at the Fort on the way home that first week of January (gotta stop somewhere around Central Florida).

Coming in on Thursday January 4th and leaving out Saturday January 6th so I will have time that morning to ring the ol' cowbell for you Half Marathoners before I pack up the A-liner and head out that morning. So I won't be there long but it's hard to drive past the Fort and not stop for a night or two.

Booked a Preferred again. Hope to see all you usual suspects there - but I'll just be a fanboy this time around. :yay:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
The 2018 Marathon Weekend Half Marathon in January 2018, which was full in the past, has been reopened for registration. Any of you Fort runners who missed the initial sign up want to get in now?

Can't tell if sites are available at the Fort for that weekend because online won't update for 2018 this summer. But it may not be too late to get a site and do the Half.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter