2018 Moonlight Magic Nights Announced

DomTheHodge

Mouseketeer
• Jan. 11 and 28, and Feb. 6 at Magic Kingdom Park
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Dec 7. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Dec 21.)
NkT2V_ALUABYktPSN-nqGIfpseXhpLxbLc7hswsj7FwEAYqJP9ltNpJOxpKCIhPYkpiG6DvNW3ekn5uGjIzWaYw4D2jWwOyDmVAP-YfNW0rml4bb6bLMQYMP5nBZp-IB4QT57WortrOAvoDQdj4=s0-d-e1-ft

NkT2V_ALUABYktPSN-nqGIfpseXhpLxbLc7hswsj7FwEAYqJP9ltNpJOxpKCIhPYkpiG6DvNW3ekn5uGjIzWaYw4D2jWwOyDmVAP-YfNW0rml4bb6bLMQYMP5nBZp-IB4QT57WortrOAvoDQdj4=s0-d-e1-ft

• March 21, April 17 and May 16 at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Feb 8. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Feb 22.)

• May 30 and June 11 at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates April 19. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on May 3.)

• July 16 and Aug. 13 at Epcot
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates June 6. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on June 20.)

• Sept. 19 and 26, and Oct. 3 at Disney's Hollywood Studios
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Aug 30. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Sept. 13.)

• Nov. 15 at Disney California Adventure Park
(Booking begins for all Members on Oct. 4.)

How do these work? We'll be there on the 28th along with my parents who aren't members. Are they allowed to come with us? And how do we book - online or do we call Member Services?

Sorry for all the questions - we normally miss all the events as we only go every other year and only in January.

How do these work? We'll be there on the 28th along with my parents who aren't members. Are they allowed to come with us? And how do we book - online or do we call Member Services?

Sorry for all the questions - we normally miss all the events as we only go every other year and only in January.

You can book online from the 7th as long as you are staying on Disney property (which as DVC I assume you are), we did the DL one a few weeks ago and we could have up to 6 people in our party, only 1 person needed a membership

Thank you! We are staying on property. We would have 6 in our party so that works out perfectly. One last question - what time does the registration open up on the 7th? Is this the typical 7am (like ADRs and FastPasses) or on a DVC time schedule?

When your date opens book in the morning. You wait like I did for the dec Epcot ones and tried to book it that night when you get home from work, you might be sol.

I'll actually be in town for one of these! Now I guess I need to decide whether it's worth it to drive over from Universal for the night. Does any WDW resort booking count, not just a DVC stay? I've never done one of these before. I can grab a night at all stars to crash there if we stay out too late :)

Does anyone know what time we can enter the park for these events without additional ticket media? I am considering the 1/28 event and Mk has a 8pm closing that night.

I have a question about bringing guests to the event. We are staying on points (myself, DH, DS6, DS5). I also used our points to get a room for my mom and her three friends. I put that reservation in her name. That leaves us with 7 people total. The person I spoke to at member services thought that wouldn't be an issue, but I have noticed a number of people on the Dis say they could have a total of 6 people in their party. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks!

Very excited to see the AK March date lines up with our already-planned trip. We were fortunate enough to do the MK and Typhoon Lagoon events this past year and had a blast at both!

When your date opens book in the morning. You wait like I did for the dec Epcot ones and tried to book it that night when you get home from work, you might be sol.

It looks like these will be handled much better after this recent Epcot F up. The bookings are around 2-4 weeks from the initial date. I like that for sure.

Also note this in the text:
Please note that, in order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy Moonlight Magic, only one event date for each participating park will be available per Membership.

Finally! That will prevent the local that was in front of me at TL bragging about how that was his 4th (and last) one he attended.
Personally, I wish they'd go back to like it was at TL back in 2015- on-site only. No off-site.

Last edited:
Questions: 1) Are these only for “official” DVC Members vs. post-2016 resale purchasers (what is this group called??)? 2) Do you have to pay park admission and/or additional cost? Thanks!

Questions: 1) Are these only for “official” DVC Members vs. post-2016 resale purchasers (what is this group called??)? 2) Do you have to pay park admission and/or additional cost? Thanks!

1) I believe under the new rules, these events are NOT available to those who purchased resale After April 4, 2016 (If you were already a direct member before purchase, you will be fine).

2) You only pay park admission if you want to be in the park earlier in the day. The event itself is free of charge.

Also note this in the text:
Please note that, in order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy Moonlight Magic, only one event date for each participating park will be available per Membership.

Finally! That will prevent the local that was in front of me at TL bragging about how that was his 4th (and last) one he attended.
Personally, I wish they'd go back to like it was at TL back in 2015- on-site only. No off-site.

That doesn't totaly make sense since you can book one event for each park, you just can't do two of the same park. Yes in his case he probably did repeat parks, and I know people did for the MK ones last year, but in a year someone could attend 4 if their dates line up.

I'll actually be in town for one of these! Now I guess I need to decide whether it's worth it to drive over from Universal for the night. Does any WDW resort booking count, not just a DVC stay? I've never done one of these before. I can grab a night at all stars to crash there if we stay out too late :)

Any on-site Disney Resort counts. Doesn’t have to be DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!