My Universal Photo Packages

Going for our 1st ever visit in 4 weeks..... we are getting annual passes... if we get this photo package can we use it on multiple trips for a year?
2018 Black Friday MUP Annual Pass Special
$79.99
1 Year Unlimited Digital Downloads;
1 5x7 Print;1 8x10 Print;
In Park and Online Photo discounts.

Just some "INFO" for many of the posts above.
The current Black Friday sale is the best that I have ever seen and the same sale I used last September. I got 5 days for $60. This was important to me because I wasn't going to the parks on consecutive days but their photo packages are for consecutive days - so I needed something to stretch through my park experience. I was at the parks for 2 full days - did everything I wanted to do - and got 32 photos on my Universal photo pass card. Because I am a scrapbooker and buy most ride photos, this was a deal and a savings for me. There were rides I skipped and character encounters I didn't do so you could easily double the number of photos you get for your $60.
Yes, we all wish Universal would include more photographers around the park. It ain't Disney. But for this price, what you do get is worth it.
When you buy it (even at Black Friday prices) it is good until you activate it at the parks (it may be good for a year but when i called, they didn't give me an expire date). When you enter you go to the Photo key locations and activate it - they give you a card that you present to all photographers and at the exit of the ride photos. Then, on your last day (or whenever you want) you go back to one of the photo key shops and choose your prints (you get some free prints with your package - mine were 5x7, 8x10 and a poster size print!). All the rest of your shots are available on line to download - which you do when you get home (there is a time limit but it's plenty of time to do it) Once you download the whole batch, they are yours - to print, to share on line, whatever.
I recommend this if:
1. You ever buy ride photos
2. You stand in line for character interaction photos
3. You print or share your photos.

BUT - there are many photos ops where you need your own camera. Many character encounters where there is no Universal photographer available. Or some where the universal person with the character will take your picture with your camera but they don't have a Universal camera.

I printed one of the shots (the Gringotts Bank ride photo) in 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 to see if there was any difference in the quality of the resolution. I saw no difference and no problem with the 8x10.

And if you choose not to buy it, all the photo ops are available with your own camera except for the ride photos which you would have to buy anyway.

So, if you are a photo hound, the Black Friday deal is the best deal you'll encounter. If you expect Disney quantity and quality, forget it!

I wanted to add one other thing. The Spiderman photo op is against a green screen and then they fill in the comic book background. So it just doesn't look the same with your own camera. You either buy theirs, or have it as part of your photo package. Sp this one picture, along with the ride photos are what you can't get with your own camera.

My in-laws are going to Universal in February, then my own family has a trip planned for April. Would it be overly complicated to buy two 5 day packages, and give one to them and keep one for ourselves? Would it help if I used my mother-in-law's email for their package? I'm thinking this could be a great Christmas present for them.

Thank you so much to everyone who provided details of the Black Friday special.
I wasn’t going to buy a photopass for the Universal portion of my trip, but the 5 day special made it too tempting to say ‘No’.

How long will the photos be available for download on the website after they’ve been taken? I’ve seen everything from indefinitely to a long time, so if the latter, exactly how long is ‘long’?
I am visiting Universal in 3 weeks time, but I won’t get home to New Zealand until about 5 weeks later. Until then, I won’t have anything to access my photos except my phone/the app.
Is this okay, or should I be leaving instructions for my mother in law to go onto our desktop and download them all before we get home?

Thanks heaps for your advice.

Because I am a scrapbooker and buy most ride photos, this was a deal and a savings for me.
Same here. 3 years ago when we were there I did not get nearly enough photos. I jumped on this deal and am hoping for better results this year. Any suggestions on can't miss photo ops? Also if I have the card and dont do the ride, how do the boys' ride pic get to my account?

Any suggestions on can't miss photo ops? Also if I have the card and dont do the ride, how do the boys' ride pic get to my account?
You can hand the boys the card for the ride, or you can get a second card for them to carry - multiple cards can be attached to the same photo account.

The Raptor encounter is my favorite photo op... also fun to watch other families meet him.
Other good ones:
-The Gringotts ride line
-The Back to the Future delorean
-The Jurassic Park Jeep, and the other JP vehicle
-Spiderman meet & greet

Note also any of the roving photographers can shoot different angles for you - the ones in front of Seuss Landing usually do the archway, but you can ask them to do in front of the IoA lake, which makes a wonderful backdrop. The photographer on the bridge to Hogsmeade shoots in front of Hogwatrs typically, but under the Hogsmeade arch is a great shot too.

I love the Spiderman photo op in the back of the Spiderman store (opposite side of the street from the Spiderman ride). It's a green screen shot but the comic book cover they put up for your photo is great. And you can't get that without their photographer. I took that photo as my free poster size print to hang in my daughter's bedroom!

Is it possible that they will re run this before Christmas? We just decided to go with family. Is it possible to get all 6 of us on one share?

Can't say for sure if they will run it again before Christmas. Give them a call. I found out the most details by talking directly with Amazing Pictures. AS I recall, you leave a message and they call you back. They did call me back same day. I booked with a summer special in June for a trip in September. They were able to answer all my questions. I don't have the phone number at my finger tips but I know I found it easily on the Amazing Pictures website.
I think it is possible to put everybody on the account and get a number of cards for everybody to use.

Last edited:
I'm visiting Universal for the first time next month, does the package give you the ride photos, or will I have to purchase those separate anyway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!