2018 Princess Half Marathon

quick question....were they selling Bibs for the 2019 Marathon Weekend races at the Princess???? Like before registration is even started?
It had to be a package but yes. They were selling 2018 wine and dine, 2019 WDW Marathon Weekend, and 2019 princess weekend.

Course cutters should be easy to pick out as they will most likely be missing the 5K, 10K, 15K timing mats. If they were just missing 1 - that could be a fluke but if all 3 - yes, they are most likely a cutter.

This doesn't bother me. That's their karma, their load to carry, not mine.

Just FYI for anyone in the area, the Vineland character warehouse is starting to get princess stuff. I found magnets for 2.99 and a half shirt for $10. They said that they just got a ton of boxes but haven't had time to get everything out.

Just saw this posted in News & Rumors, check your credit card statements...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/03/02/disney-princess-half-marathon-credit-card-fraud/

First, thanks for the headsup.

From article:
Disney has not given an official statement, but a representative said the company has had “no complaints from any of their guests.”
But we register at Active dot com so I would think that that would be the breach/company at fault

Lastly, I haven't had any random charges, thank goodness.

They weren’t handing out sponges when I was on the course. I was wondering what those tables covered in black trash bags were! I could have used one or three.

WAIT....there were SPONGES!?!?! Oh, that would have been SO NICE. Where were they?

WAIT....there were SPONGES!?!?! Oh, that would have been SO NICE. Where were they?

At mile 10, right before banked on ramp, just after the water stop. I didn't get one either. I saw the small kiddie pools covered with tarps and assumed that they had sponges. I heard later some got sponges. I did get a cold towel at the finish line which was nice.

I don't really agree with that speculation. Registration was months ago. Fraud would have occurred then. Not during the time of the actual race weekend.

Form the new article
We believe it’s the actual website that we all had to register on to run the race,” Drass said.

That is my reasoning for active not Disney. Perhaps they signed up for a future race during the weekend. IDK.

Last edited:
Credit card fraud is so common nowadays. It could have been from something else completely. We have a card we haven't used since October that just had a fraud charge . Who knows when and where it was stolen but the black market can hold onto things sometimes and then it gets used.

We believe it’s the actual website that we all had to register on to run the race,” Drass said.

But that’s just what a random person thinks.

IMO it’s far more likely that someone was walking around with a skimmer. During the expo would have been a brilliant time. People were close together, many of us had our phones out for pictures or to talk with others we might be purchasing for; who would notice someone getting close to your purse with a device?

Ultimately the CC companies and banks make us whole financially with this sort of thing, so it’s not our complaint to make. It’s up to the cc and banks to investigate as they are they ones actually harmed by such fraud.

Funky article. “joined 60,000 runners to partake in a 13.1-mile run through Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot”... Hiw did 25k become 60k? Sure sure, total at all three races, but that’s not what the article said.

And...note to self, check the two accounts I used to pay from over the weekend....

Form the new article

That is my reasoning for active not Disney. Perhaps they signed up for a future race during the weekend. IDK.

And that is what I was referring to. That is someone's speculation that I have doubts about.

ETA-I believe signing up for a future race involved a $200 deposit made to Disney, not the actual race registration process.

Thank you for the heads up! My account was hacked :headache:, but I honestly have no idea if it had anything to do with Princess weekend. Two fraudulent charges went through yesterday. I've had clients that have had their accounts hacked recently too, so it could very easily be a coincidence. I would strongly suggest everyone check their credit card activity regularly - all the time. This is happening more and more.

Thanks again Ariel484!!

- Mini waves: HATE them. I don't know, but for some reason they just make the race feel less magical. After doing the 5K and 10K, I was so groggy the morning of the half, so I wound up arriving about 15 minutes late to the bus stop (more on buses later). That meager 15 minutes put me to the pre-race area late, which meant that they had closed my corral and the one behind mine by the time I made the walk over to the corrals. I had to fall back from D to the dreaded F corral. Lots of pushing and shoving in that corral. Mini waves were a nightmare. I wound up doing a lot of weaving to get around runners who were a much slower pace than I was. I didn't hit my stride until around mile 4, which is much later than I'm used to. Mostly this was my fault, though, for not arriving to the bus on time.

I don't really have a problem with the mini waves. I can't imagine the congestion in F if we had all started at the same time. The problem with F was that it was HUGE, and since it was based on our estimated finish time only, anyone from a 15 minute/miler to a 30 minute/miler could have been (and likely was) in that corral. Since this was the first corral without a POT requirement, I'm sure everyone without a POT wanted to put that time down.

- Buses: Dear runDisney, please hire better MEARS drivers that actually are familiar with driving the routes around WDW. This was my third race experience with drivers who have gotten lost on the way from the resorts to the race. This causes so much undue anxiety on race morning. We shouldn't have to be the ones to tell the drivers how to do their pick-ups and drop-offs.

I have heard so many stories like this. I'm not sure what I did to get so lucky as to not have it happen to me in 5 years.

- Snack boxes: While I love the faux nachos, I feel the snack boxes have really gone downhill. I hate those Go-Go Squeeze things - they remind me of toddler food. The dried mangos went over well with my niece and nephews, though, so there's that.

I pretty much only eat the chips and cheese. It seems like there's a lot less in the box now than there was when I started doing runDisney events.

- Disney Springs post-race party - What a flop that was. We were made to wait 45 minutes after our reservation time at Raglan Road. Then when we were seated, we were told that there was a system-wide outage for using Magic Bands (not just for the dining plan, but also for room charges). None of us had brought cash or cards, so we were resolved to just having water and then returning to the resort to sort things out there. By the time we finished our waters, the system was back up. We placed our food orders. Food took almost an hour to get there, and my friend's ribs were stone cold so he sent them back. By then he was too hangry to enjoy himself.

I heard about this! I was in Epcot, so I didn't experience it, but it sounds like a nightmare.

- Medals and race shirts: GORGEOUS. Zero complaints. Good job, runDisney.

Agreed! My favorites so far! Plus, they were a little more neutral for those Princess runners who aren't as into pink and sparkly things as I am.

- PhotoPass: On point! Some of the best race photos I've ever gotten. I am thoroughly satisfied with my race photos this year.

Indeed! Great photos the last 2 years.

- Water stops: I'm not sure if they added additional water stops due to the humidity, but I sure was glad for all the water stops. Having started much later than I'm used to, it was really sunny and warm for much of my race, so I made sure to hydrate early and hydrate often. Even though I added more time to my run, I made sure to make good use of the water stops.

I drank water at every stop, whether I thought I needed it or not. I was so glad there were that many, because I felt pretty good when I was finished.

At mile 10, right before banked on ramp, just after the water stop. I didn't get one either. I saw the small kiddie pools covered with tarps and assumed that they had sponges. I heard later some got sponges. I did get a cold towel at the finish line which was nice.

I guess I should consider myself lucky! I started in F and I am by no means fast, but I was truly grateful for those sponges.[/QUOTE]

@jdd sorry that happened to you! Hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Thanks - yes, sorted very quickly. Talked to the credit card fraud department, they agreed with the fraudulent charges, cancelled the card, and are sending me a new one by FedEx today. This is the 4th time I've gotten a new card in the last few years - one other time I had fraudulent charges, and twice the credit card company proactively changed my card number since it was used at a retail location that was the subject of credit card fraud (Home Depot and Target). My current card even has a chip, so I guess maybe that's not enough protection anymore? :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter