2018 Princess Half Marathon

well, I just got hacked today - my Disney card and I didn't run Princess. I did run Marathon weekend though....so it sure does look like runDisney got hacked. kind of hope it was only credit cards or else they better be offering credit monitoring.
Oh no. Sorry that happened. :(

well, I just got hacked today - my Disney card and I didn't run Princess. I did run Marathon weekend though....so it sure does look like runDisney got hacked. kind of hope it was only credit cards or else they better be offering credit monitoring.

Sorry your card number was stolen. It sucks!

I think your issue is with Chase though not RD. Sadly Chase is not required by law to reveal a data breech unless it exceeds a certain amount of cardholders.

And the Disney Visa has the initial 8 numbers the same so it makes it easier to guess the number.

not saying it is but from what I've seen over years and in general I think Chase is big part of issue. I read/hear of a lot of hacks on Disney chase cards in general day to day life and know friend has had like 20 cards in 4 years. every time I turn around she is telling me she has new card number, they sent her new card.

I was at Princess, so I'm actively monitoring my credit cards thanks to your posts. We were also at Marathon Weekend and my DH's credit card was definitely breached, he had a notification while we were there that he had several Active.com charges that were questionable. They took care of it right away. It was not a Chase card, not this time any way...

I ran princess. Found out today my Disney reward card was hacked as well. Someone had a physical card that they were using in the Toledo, Ohio area. Chase took care of it easily saving us close to $500.

Last edited:
Sorry your card number was stolen. It sucks!

I think your issue is with Chase though not RD. Sadly Chase is not required by law to reveal a data breech unless it exceeds a certain amount of cardholders.
could be a Chase issue true, but this is a brand new card - i.e. I applied for it before marathon weekend and ONLY used it at Disney and a few times at a vending machine at my work...and that's it. So the coincidence of other disney people having theirs hacked has me curious. Hey I'm no fan of Chase either...their original company Chase Manhattan supported the Nazis so they can all go F themselves.

I think your issue is with Chase though not RD.

Yep.

could be a Chase issue true, but this is a brand new card - i.e. I applied for it before marathon weekend and ONLY used it at Disney and a few times at a vending machine at my work...and that's it.

My brother has SW cards, which are through Chase. He's had cards used while they are in transit to him. Had cards that were replacements after being used by not-him be used before they reached him.

Chase is MASSIVE, so of course they see a lot of the illegal usage. They are good at catching it, good at alerting, and good after the problem happens.

Has anyone received the bounce back offer to sign up for the races early for 2019 that ran this year? I got one last year, but I know it got screwed up with Star Wars light side however...

Has anyone received the bounce back offer to sign up for the races early for 2019 that ran this year? I got one last year, but I know it got screwed up with Star Wars light side however...

No. I doubt if they are doing it this year. I don’t think they did for marathon. It’s not something they’ve always done, fwiw.

Has 2018 princess merch started to show up anywhere? I've been searching all over the place for a Fairytale Challenge Sweaty Band (purple with Cinderella) and haven't been able to get my hands on one. Any help tracking one down would be appreciated!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!