2018 Princess Half Marathon

Are merchandise tents available at the finish line of the race? This is my first half marathon, so I am a little nervous about purchasing any merchandise before the race (just in case I get swept). But, if (when) I do finish, I really want to get some Princess half merchandise. Will this be available at the end of the race?

There is a merchandise tent, but it is basically some leftovers from the official area. The only new items that I recall are a limited number of race event banners. As Princess V suggested, if you want something, you should get it when you see it. Have faith in your training and have a wonderful race!

Are merchandise tents available at the finish line of the race? This is my first half marathon, so I am a little nervous about purchasing any merchandise before the race (just in case I get swept). But, if (when) I do finish, I really want to get some Princess half merchandise. Will this be available at the end of the race?

If you see something you want at the expo, buy it.

I totally get superstition. I get not wanting to buy something ahead of time.

But the reality is that something you want stands a good chance of being gone, and of not being in the leftover merchandise tent.

Get it. Trust in your training.

And if something happens, there's a robust marketplace (eBay, FB, etc) for selling what you don't feel comfortable having.

If you see something you want at the expo, buy it.

I totally get superstition. I get not wanting to buy something ahead of time.

But the reality is that something you want stands a good chance of being gone, and of not being in the leftover merchandise tent.

Get it. Trust in your training.

And if something happens, there's a robust marketplace (eBay, FB, etc) for selling what you don't feel comfortable having.

Definitely agree! You will be able to find someone who wants it if you don't!

I've been reading about the PHM here and on FB, so forgive me if I have overlooked this here. Did I read there are buses to take you to the Expo from your resort? DH and I are staying at Pop. Would the bus be marked and easy to spot? Do they take you back to your resort? A park? DS? Thank you!

I've been reading about the PHM here and on FB, so forgive me if I have overlooked this here. Did I read there are buses to take you to the Expo from your resort? DH and I are staying at Pop. Would the bus be marked and easy to spot? Do they take you back to your resort? A park? DS? Thank you!
From the resorts, yes - not the parks or Disney Springs. There will be signage at the bus stop and a sign on the us. They aren't Disney buses, they are usually an outside company (Mears, etc.).

From the resorts, yes - not the parks or Disney Springs. There will be signage at the bus stop and a sign on the us. They aren't Disney buses, they are usually an outside company (Mears, etc.).
Excellent!! Thank you! So is it pretty easy to find the bus back to your resort from the Expo? (Marked like you mentioned?)

Excellent!! Thank you! So is it pretty easy to find the bus back to your resort from the Expo? (Marked like you mentioned?)

Yes, the buses drop off and pick-up in designated areas for each resort in the parking lot at the WWoS complex. There's signage posted so you can see which bus you need to hop on in case you forget your bus number.

Tip: The outside company buses usually just have a paper number/letter taped up to the front windshield, so it can kinda be hard to spot if you're not used to knowing what to look for. Basically, if it's a white bus with "Disney" painted on the side, that's not the bus you want to take to the Expo or to the races, lol.

Yes, the buses drop off and pick-up in designated areas for each resort in the parking lot at the WWoS complex. There's signage posted so you can see which bus you need to hop on in case you forget your bus number.

Tip: The outside company buses usually just have a paper number/letter taped up to the front windshield, so it can kinda be hard to spot if you're not used to knowing what to look for. Basically, if it's a white bus with "Disney" painted on the side, that's not the bus you want to take to the Expo or to the races, lol.
Ah! Good to know! I was going to be looking for the regular Disney bus the morning of . . . Thank you for your help!

Silly question: additional spots occasionally open for 10k and half spots. My 5yo is suddenly interested in running a race but the dashes are sold out. Do they ever expand those?

Silly question: additional spots occasionally open for 10k and half spots. My 5yo is suddenly interested in running a race but the dashes are sold out. Do they ever expand those?
I don't recall them opening additional dash spots in the past, but definitely keep checking in case that changes.

Normally 10K and half spots will open if they split up challenge entries.

Hi everyone,

This will be my first WDW race; I've done a bunch at DL and I'm a pro at getting to the starting line...I have my wake up time and leaving time down pat. I just started skimming these messages and it just dawned on me how much bigger WDW is (duh...I mean I've been there plenty of times before, I just haven't thought about race day yet). Does anyone know how often the buses run race mornings? Is uber running, you know, just in case? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

This will be my first WDW race; I've done a bunch at DL and I'm a pro at getting to the starting line...I have my wake up time and leaving time down pat. I just started skimming these messages and it just dawned on me how much bigger WDW is (duh...I mean I've been there plenty of times before, I just haven't thought about race day yet). Does anyone know how often the buses run race mornings? Is uber running, you know, just in case? Thanks!

If you are staying on property and at the bus stop in time, they'll get you to the race. They keep those buses coming! The lines can get long but if you are there, you'll get to the starting line no problem.

DD and I are on week 4 of our training. We are currently training for a local half at the end of October and then we will add Princess Challenge training after that.

Just started my training!! Who else is getting their butt in gear this week?

I'm training but for a couple of 10ks I'm doing locally and for the Wine & Dine 10k. Need to get good times for the 10k so I can use it for POT. Probably will start adding the miles after the Cow Harbor 10k (local) in September.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I know I've seen people say they used taxis and Uber to get to WDW races, but if you're at a WDW resort, buses will run continuously through their window of pre-race operation. I want to say that's usually 3am-4:30am for winter half-marathons.

Thank you for all the responses re: buses on race day. I'm staying at the All Star Movie Resort. I'll make sure my butt is down and in line during the times posted. The Anaheim Resort Transportation at DL only had buses every 15-20 mins depending on where you stay. Years ago I started staying at a hotel that was walking distance to the starting line so that I didn't have to rely on the transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!