2018 Princess Half Marathon

For those making your own run costume, do you have a source for tech shirts without a giant logo on them? I do not trust myself to make the entire shirt knowing the slippery, stretchy material will cause a quantity of cursing suitable only for a witch costume. All of my local stores carry branded gear and that simply will not due for my plan.

I get all my blanks from Big Top Shirt Shop. Sport-Tek is a pretty solid brand that they offer.

I'm a little confused about the estimated finish time and proof of time. At my current pace, I'm estimating that I will finish in 2:50. Will I be placed in the last corral? Or should I try to go faster (I do run/walk/run and could change my intervals) and get a POT for a 10k? This is my first runDisney race and my first half. Thanks!!

I'm a little confused about the estimated finish time and proof of time. At my current pace, I'm estimating that I will finish in 2:50. Will I be placed in the last corral? Or should I try to go faster (I do run/walk/run and could change my intervals) and get a POT for a 10k? This is my first runDisney race and my first half. Thanks!!

Corrals are based on the finish time runners enter when registering. So if you enter 2:50, you'll be placed in one of the corrals designated for that time - not at all likely to be the last corral, based on previous years' breakdowns. Only finish times 2:45 and under require proof of time (PoT): if you were to enter a finish time of 2:30, for example, you'd need to also submit a PoT showing that you can run that speed. Folks who are required to submit PoT and fail to do so are the ones automatically place din the last corral.

You can see the 2017 corrals here:
phm-corrals-2017-650x366.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much!! This is super helpful. I'm planning to run a 10K before the cutoff date for POT, and we'll see how it goes. I was worried about not getting a time fast enough, but if I truly think I'll finish in 2:50, it sounds like those corrals may be best for me anyway, and I won't need to submit a POT. I estimated at 2:50 on my registration.

I'm only doing the 5k, mostly because I've never been a runner and was scared to sign up for anything else. Since then I've had surgery for a few things in my knee and my doctor told me he would prefer if I don't try to run/jog anymore.... So, my question is, for those of you that have participated in the 5k, are there people that walk the whole thing? I can walk fast enough to stay within the time limits, it's just embarrassing to have to walk the whole thing....

I've run a few runDisney races, but just before leaving for the Star Wars 5K, I came down with strep throat. I ended up walking it with my husband and we had a blast! My favorite runDisney event to date! You're going to do great!!

For those making your own run costume, do you have a source for tech shirts without a giant logo on them? I do not trust myself to make the entire shirt knowing the slippery, stretchy material will cause a quantity of cursing suitable only for a witch costume. All of my local stores carry branded gear and that simply will not due for my plan.
Amazon has some,

I like these Hanes ones https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KRYPIXI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or here's Champion Vapor ones https://www.amazon.com/Champion-Wom...=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=champion+polyester

Or here's Champion all Polyester https://www.amazon.com/Champion-Wom...23011&psd=1&keywords=champion+polyester+women

Just booked our resort stay for PHM weekend using the military Armed Forces Salute discount for 2018! Man, I hate that they wait until this late in the year to release the discount - the only moderate resort left was Caribbean Beach and we had our hearts set on POR. :( But, oh well, it's still Disney!!

Had my PT appt today for my ankle. Of course it's barely my ankle. The body being connected and all.

So I have calf stretched and some deep core work to do. Despite tons of yiga and Pilates apparently my lower abs are not working, and my gluteus medius has taken a vacation on both sides. Gotta strengthen those. And then I should start seeing improvements.

She says that I shouldn't be a runner, though. Oh well! It's the only cardio I like and the only thing that keeps the weight off for me.

Why would she say that?

Because of what my feet do. (pronate, no arch, now a diagnosis of metatarsus adductus aka funky shaped feet...), I'm not letting her into my head like I did with the orthopedist guy. No one has ever understood how much walking hurts my hips and how jogging doesn't. Not doctors or anyone.

Happy Friday everyone! I'm going to start following this thread even though I don't have any bibs, yet. But since we are likely planning a trip during the PHM weekend, I'm now on the hunt for a 10k (maaaaaybe a half) bib. I am on a charity waitlist for a 10k bib, so fingers crossed!

I ran the PHM last year (and the Tink) - these races are a little addictive.

Happy Friday everyone! I'm going to start following this thread even though I don't have any bibs, yet. But since we are likely planning a trip during the PHM weekend, I'm now on the hunt for a 10k (maaaaaybe a half) bib. I am on a charity waitlist for a 10k bib, so fingers crossed!

I ran the PHM last year (and the Tink) - these races are a little addictive.

RawThreads Club had 10K last night when I checked!

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie to run Disney and ran a 10k today for POT. I want to enter it into active and it's asking for the race website - but the race website does not have the finish times - they are listed on the site of the race timing company. Will I be ok linking that site on active? Thanks!!!

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie to run Disney and ran a 10k today for POT. I want to enter it into active and it's asking for the race website - but the race website does not have the finish times - they are listed on the site of the race timing company. Will I be ok linking that site on active? Thanks!!!

Yup! As long as it states what race it was for and the distance, you're good to go!

Anybody have any luck getting the new discounts applied to race weekend?
which discounts? I've been swamped at work and I haven't had time to look at anything. I know I could probably go on the website, but in all honesty, I'm so overwhelmed right now, that I would appreciate a little hint instead :)

I've seen different descriptions posted in various places, but this is the Dreams info. It's the typically 15%-25% deal but supposedly it can be combined with a Disney Visa discount??

Nothing comes up when I actually try to book though

I was able to book just now for Art of Animation. But I think the package discounts are blacked out for the weekend. I just did a room only.

Anybody have any luck getting the new discounts applied to race weekend?

I was able to save a few hundred by moving my CR room-only reservation to BC on race weekend using the Canadian room-only discount. We already have tickets and I have an AP, so I didn't try booking the S,P&D deal.

I was able to change to AKL OMG :cool1:

I am so stoked. Not a Savannah view, but I would have been able to afford that even with the discount lol. The BF is going to be SO SURPRISED omg I wonder if I can hold out and not tell him until it's time to get on the bus at MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter