2018 rates, what's your opinion?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I am seriously considering forgoing a room at AoA next year and renting points at Saratoga Springs because of the rates being so high. What are any of your thoughts on Disney's 2018 rates?

I just took a look and just played with dates. I didn't really see that much of a price hike compared to what I have been seeing for this year but that is just me. I think it is also based on when you are going. What time of the year and if there is something like jersey week or who knows, easter, spring breaks. Plus just booking something now doesn't mean you have to keep that price. Discounts come out and everything.

Right, the prices seemed to have went up the normal 5-6% at AoA, but I have decided to change from the value season to the regular season and that broke my budget. But I am excited at the possibility of staying at SSR!

I checked prices for all value resorts for March 2018 on Tuesday morning. They have went up from an average of $119 per night to $159 per night.... That's HUGE! Its really making me look at the moderate resort prices and I'm hoping it doesn't knock a few families on our group trip right out of their budgets. I'm now turning our entire plan around and even considering staying off property. :( That is a jump of well over 30% in price

I checked prices for all value resorts for March 2018 on Tuesday morning. They have went up from an average of $119 per night to $159 per night.... That's HUGE! Its really making me look at the moderate resort prices and I'm hoping it doesn't knock a few families on our group trip right out of their budgets. I'm now turning our entire plan around and even considering staying off property. :( That is a jump of well over 30% in price

Are you sure you're comparing apples to apples? According to the pre-tax 2017 rates posted on wdwinfo, most of March 2017 was considered peak season and All Star Sports, for example, averaged ~$166/night for a full week, by my calculations. The first week of March averaged ~$140/night.

I've read that there's some funky rate changes by season and day of the week.

So like
Peak, fri-sun rate
Peak, mon-tues tate
Peak, wed-thurs rate

Or something similar. People will have rate charts out soon.

I only played around with them a little yesterday and I was actually pleased that they didn't seem to be much higher...

I've read that there's some funky rate changes by season and day of the week.

So like
Peak, fri-sun rate
Peak, mon-tues tate
Peak, wed-thurs rate

Or something similar. People will have rate charts out soon.
Disney already does. The complete rates for every single day in 2018. It is crazy and seems very desperate to me.

Disney already does. The complete rates for every single day in 2018. It is crazy and seems very desperate to me.
Yes, some of their pricing does not make sense. I've checked several of the moderates are there are some months (Autumn generally) where lowest rate is Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. There is a $10 surcharge for Thursday and Sunday nights and then an additional surcharge for Friday and Saturday nights. I can't figure out why they would charging extra for Thursday and Sunday nights?

Yes, some of their pricing does not make sense. I've checked several of the moderates are there are some months (Autumn generally) where lowest rate is Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. There is a $10 surcharge for Thursday and Sunday nights and then an additional surcharge for Friday and Saturday nights. I can't figure out why they would charging extra for Thursday and Sunday nights?
$$$$ is why.

$$$$ is why.
Yes, I know it comes down to $ with Disney, but do they really have masses of people checking in on Thursday and Sunday? I can understand them charging extra for weekend nights.

Yes, I know it comes down to $ with Disney, but do they really have masses of people checking in on Thursday and Sunday? I can understand them charging extra for weekend nights.
I really think that they might try to eventually come down to having a different price for each day of the week. Also, adding on about 20 new "seasons" at some point. This just reeks of desperation to me, and I generally never associated that word with Disney.

I really think that they might try to eventually come down to having a different price for each day of the week. Also, adding on about 20 new "seasons" at some point. This just reeks of desperation to me, and I generally never associated that word with Disney.
I guess they're still trying to cover the cost overruns at Shanghai Disneyland.

I notice that most of the talk is for WDW, but has anyone seen 2018 rates for DL yet? I try online and I cannot access for the 2018 months yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter