Planning 2 trips now for 2018!

April 14-28 -- Celebrating oldest daughter's birthday & college graduation -- not sure where we're staying! Likely POR / CBR / AOA -- one of those 3!

August 17-31 -- Hoping to stay at the Poly!! We did that in 2015 and it was *awesome* -- also hoping this MNSSHP in late August hangs around until next year! lol

We've stayed at POR quite a few times, really lovely resort. Last summer, we stayed offsite at a rental house, about 20 minutes outside the gates. It ended up costing us less than staying at POR would have, and we had a 5 bedroom house with a screened in private pool, and our own laundry. There were some aspects of staying onsite that I missed, but overall, the house was a wonderful change from the tiny rooms at POR, and I didn't mind driving to and from the parks at all. As a matter of fact, for the most part, I found driving from the house to be just as fast as using the buses to get to and from POR.

I'm in! Our last trip was a split stay between Beach Club Villas and Bay Lake Tower for 12 glorious nights last June. We had originally planned to return this June, but sadly it was not to be. However, the silver lining is we're getting to go to Disneyland this June instead, which is exciting. I am in the last part of my Ph.D. now. The final step is an internship, which I have from July of this year to July 2018. The plan is to hit WDW the week after I'm done to celebrate! We hope to go for 13 nights in the latter half of July 2018. My post doc won't start until August and DH works in schools so he and the kids will all be off as well. I can't wait until summer booking opens up just so I can have something in MDE again - it makes me sad to see it empty lol

We just got back from a great stay at BCV and we are already planning a 2018 trip! Tentative, yet prettty firm dates are 5/26-6/2. Split stay between AKV and VWL(BRV). This will be mostly a resort only trip with only a couple of park days. Mostly pool and down time. We also want to check out Disney springs. We are looking at potentially buying into DVC and want to check out a couple more resorts before making our final decision.

Last edited:

Doing a mommy/daughter trip August 1-8/18. DD will be 10 on Aug. 7.

Looking at 1 night OKW, 4 nights CSR & 2 nights AKL.

As always though resorts are subject to change.

I'll add to the 2018 roll call - Thanksgiving week 2018. We had a blast over spring break a few weeks ago and I have non-expiring 7 day park hopper tickets stockpiled so now we just need vacation time accrual and a little $$ saving. I'm excited to see holiday decorations and experience the cooler weather. I'm thinking about POR and a split stay with POP if I need to tighten up the budget.

2018 is going to be a big Disney year for me. As a local to Disneyland I'll be buying the Premier pass late this fall. Already have one trip to WDW booked at BWV in late January. Then I'm going to plan at least one more trip to WDW for some time later next year.

Alright I think we're going with AOA this time instead of POP if we can manage, hoping we can book online soon!

We are going for 10 days in June. With my daughter approaching college after next year and with her planning on a degree in engineering this will be the last vacation for 4 years where she can go easily and I can still treat her like the 5 year old I see every time I look at her.

We are all booked! We were hoping to do the DVC rentals but recently came into some extra cash. It is a long story but given that this trip is planned to be my mom's dream trip and had the cash that was not expected, we went full in. We will be sharing a room with my parents at the Deluxe Club Level at the Boardwalk. It is more than we ever expected but since my parents do not think that they can go with us much more this will be such a meaningful trip for all of us. My kids have only gone with my parents going with us. November 24-December1!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts