NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

I'd love to do a Norway type itinerary with Disney, but we just can't talk ourselves into spending that kind of money when we could get the same itinerary for half the price on another line :worried:

Yep. That's kind of what's holding me back from booking this one. ;)

I'm waiting for January 2019 cruises to be available for booking online. Hoping to get a category 9B Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom on the Disney Dream for a 3-Night Bahamian cruise for 3 people.

We are hoping to book a Disney Alaska cruise for our 40th anniversary in summer 2019. How fast do I have to jump on booking once the dates are released? Also - for those who have done this: 7 or 9 days? And is it worth the extra $ to go later in the summer rather than the earlier June dates? Thanks for all answers!

I will be following - we have the same questions. We are also planning Alaska Summer 2019 - but are also strongly looking into Celebrity, HollandAmerica, RCI for lower cost.

I'd love to do a Norway type itinerary with Disney, but we just can't talk ourselves into spending that kind of money when we could get the same itinerary for half the price on another line :worried:

I know. As much as we love DCL, esp. the shows, we can do 2 of another line for the price of one DCL. And I must say, we've always had MUCH BETTER food on Celebrity over DCL - but we just love DCL. BUT, we love 2 vacations for the price of 1 better. We try to do DCL every few years, but we do Celebrity more often.

Yes, you are Silver after your first cruise until after your fifth cruise.

The 9-day itinerary is very rare. I would not count on it.

As to the question about travel agency or not there are various opinions. I would suggest to use the search field and search for Costco or Dreams Unlimited and you will find plenty of threads. The search field automatically is set so that it only searches in the cruise board. Same for cabins, search for Alaska stateroom.

What does it mean to be Silver? We cruised DCL back in 2000 for the first time. We just booked Jan. 3 2019 as our 2nd DCL. So are we silver? Even though it'll be 20yrs?

What does it mean to be Silver? We cruised DCL back in 2000 for the first time. We just booked Jan. 3 2019 as our 2nd DCL. So are we silver? Even though it'll be 20yrs?

Yes, it does not matter how long ago your first cruise was. If you love g into the DCL website to see your reservation, it should show your status. If it doesn't, contact DCL with as much info about your previous cruise and ask for your Castaway Club number and that it should be added to your reservation.

Can I ask a dumb question since I've never attempted to book opening day before? We are finally Gold, so does that mean anything? Also, I know our TA in the past has emailed us future years' itineraries but is this info released by DCL *before* everyone is able to book? Or is it that they release it for Platinum then we know how much they will cost? I'm confused what everyone does on opening day prices. We are looking at Winter/ Spring 2019.

ETA: Sorry, I just reread the first post on this thread, and from what I gather, the itineraries will be released first, then Platinum only via phone can book. So would we just tell our TA a date and room cat and see what she can do? I forgot to mention we have a placeholder booked, do we get a discount on opening day pricing if it's not a blackout date?

Last edited:

If you keep track with the DIS, it is our best hope of finding out when the new itineraries are released. They have changed the booking procedure, so that Platinum CC can book the first day, Gold CC the next day, Silver CC the next day, and everyone else the day after that. If you have a TA, then they should also know when the new itineraries are released. And yes, I would assume that a placeholder could be used. Usually, the earlier you book when the new itineraries are released, the cheaper the rates. It all depends on supply and demand, obviously. And by booking earlier rather than later, you are more likely to get the stateroom that you want, as well as the dining time that you want.

Last edited:
If you are looking into an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder and can travel any dates, you will find lower prices at the beginning and the end of the season. This is when the children are finishing up one school year or starting the next. We, personally, took the 9-night Alaskan cruise on 7-24-2017, and we cannot recommend it enough. It is an extra two days, and it visits the new port of Icy Strait Point, as well as cruising Hubbard Glacier. It is worth it just to go to Hubbard Glacier, which is an active glacier. It also goes to Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway, as well as cruising Endicott Arm. Hubbard Glacier was the highlight of this cruise for us, and it is only offered on the 9-night cruise itinerary. I believe this cruise sails earlier in July next year. This cruise also spends an entire day in Juneau, Alaska's capital city, as opposed to just the morning that it spends there on the 7-night Alaskan cruises.

If you are looking into an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder and can travel any dates, you will find lower prices at the beginning and the end of the season. This is when the children are finishing up one school year or starting the next. We, personally, took the 9-night Alaskan cruise on 7-24-2017, and we cannot recommend it enough. It is an extra two days, and it visits the new port of Icy Strait Point, as well as cruising Hubbard Glacier. It is worth it just to go to Hubbard Glacier, which is an active glacier. It also goes to Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway, as well as cruising Endicott Arm. Hubbard Glacier was the highlight of this cruise for us, and it is only offered on the 9-night cruise itinerary. I believe this cruise sails earlier in July next year. This cruise also spends an entire day in Juneau, Alaska's capital city, as opposed to just the morning that it spends there on the 7-night Alaskan cruises.

My girls are too old to miss school anymore so we are looking at winter vacay, but I know there are unfortunately blackout dates, or maybe mid June. I really wanted to do the New York sailings so we could drive to the port and save the airfare. Not sure that's going to happen for us, though, bc of our available dates. I don't think we could afford to fly to Vancouver for 5 of us.

Yes. You have to complete 5 cruises to become Gold, and 10 cruises to become Platinum. I'm platinum now, but can't afford that 11th cruise to take advantage of the perks LOL

My husband has a sabbatical coming up in 2019. Hoping we can swing one of the longer Disney cruises. We'd love to do a Panama Canal Crossing!! :) Happy waiting and watching all!

I am waiting to book a graduation cruise in May, 2019. I will be graduating with a DNP and my family deserves a vacation where they get to see me. I also want to do very little besides go where my family wants to go, play, read etc. It will be my first cruise ever and my girls will be 5 and 6 years old.

Aggrrr this wait is impossible!! I'm looking to book a 4 night out of Orlando on Dream. Coming from New Zealand and getting impatient!

I believe there are only two 7-night Alaskan cruises that are 1/2 day in Juneau. That is because it adds Icy Strait Point on a different day so it combines Juneau with Tracy Arm. All the other 7-night Alaska cruises are full days in Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan in addition to Tracy Arm (cruising) and two sea days. But that does give some options for different ports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter