2019 points for 11-month reservation

DebLovesPooh

DIS Veteran
Hi all!
I'm a long-time fan of this board and have learned a great deal about DVC from all of you. I have a question I can't figure out the answer to. I have 125 points to AKL with a December use year. I used all of my banked 2019 points to make a reservation for a Value 1-bedroom in April 2021. I had to use 16 of my 2020 points to complete the last night of my 6-night ressie. If I buy 25 AKL direct for the December use year this November, I anticipate getting the 2019 points. Once those load, will I be able to use them to replace the 16 2020 points I used for my April ressie? With not knowing how long borrowing limits will be in place, I would like to keep as many 2020 points as I can since I'm planning on adding on anyway (e.g., buy in November of this year and pay a little more in dues and save 2020 points than wait to buy in 2021).

Would this work? This is the only 2021 trip I'm planning, so if I can't use them to swap out my 2020 points, there's no need to buy them before December. I appreciate your thoughts! Thanks so much!

Deb

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do a point reallocation once you buy the new points.

I'm a relatively new member though (2017), so I'm not completely sure I'm correct.

Assuming the purchase of that add-on would actually provide Dec 2019 points that can be banked (that is not a certainty), you could do it with one caveat. Any exchange of points in your current reservation would have to be completed by no later 31 days before scheduled date of arrival to avoid any points taken out of the reservation being put into holding, unless the "temporary" waiver of the holding rule that currently exists is still in effect next year.

They said a direct purchase with December use year. That will come with 2019 points as long as the sale is done before the end of November. Late banking can be part of the sale, and You could even probably ask for the shuffling of points as part of the sale too.

They said a direct purchase with December use year. That will come with 2019 points as long as the sale is done before the end of November. Late banking can be part of the sale, and You could even probably ask for the shuffling of points as part of the sale too.

With a sold out resort like AKV this is not always true.
They have to have 2019 points from AKV contracts they own in order to sell one.

Now for a place like RIV, that is a definite. But not so with other resorts.

Thank you all, for your help! I didn't consider that the 2019 points wasn't a sure thing. I'll make sure they are included before I purchase them. I knew I could get great advice here.

Thanks again!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter