2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Bree

Runs on Coffee
Event Dates: February 21-24, 2019
  • Disney Princess 5K - $85 (sold out)
  • Disney Princess Enchanted 10K - $125 (sold out)
  • Disney Princess Half Marathon - $199
  • Disney Fairy Tale Challenge (10K + Half Marathon) - $345
  • runDisney Kids Races (13yo & under) - Dashes $20 & 1 Mile Run $30
  • Aug 2, 2018 – Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Golden Oak residents
  • Aug 7, 2018 – General on-sale date

Proof of Time Submission Deadline: November 20, 2018
* This is only for Half Marathon & Challenge participants. *
  • If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in less than 2:45 hours, proof of time is required for corral placement.
  • Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after February 1, 2017 and must be from a 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon.

Waivers:

HM & FTC Corrals:

Event Guide:

Last edited:
Expo Information

ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort, Florida
  • Thursday, February 21, 2019
    10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
  • Friday, February 22, 2019
    10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
  • Saturday, February 23, 2019
    9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
runDisney Expo Highlights:
  • Race bib, shirt and gEAR bag pick-up
  • Official runDisney race weekend merchandise
  • Uniquely themed food and beverage offerings
  • Fitness apparel, footwear, sunglasses, tech gadgets and healthy products
  • Interactive Zone featuring complimentary yoga plus other fun and informative sessions

Last edited:
Merchandise:

Dooney & Bourke
(released for pre-order 10/23/18)
Satchel $286.75
56150D4F-5A9F-4F46-BED9-895BEAF2728A.jpeg

Tote $286.76
B1E92497-F2F9-4D80-96EB-736B3222EEE1.jpeg

Wristlet $105.35
8EF9EE24-1691-4C54-985E-95AF952A771B.jpeg

Last edited:

Yay! I can’t wait to find out where we PCS this fall so I cannot hopefully sign up for this. My first Disney race.

Looking forward to the updates! I am looking forward to 2019 since I am injured and can only do the 5K this year.

How quickly does this race fill up?

It’s one of the few that totally sells out fairly quickly now. At least they’ve normalized the signup dates though. We signed up for 2018 sooooo early it was ridiculous. (Looks like late April was Dvc/ap signups but they had an even earlier registration for those who did 2017. It was far too early.)

Joining in! We live in AZ and have done a couple DL 10ks. With the hiatus, we started talking about doing Princess one year. It works best for us in terms of timing. We have some weight loss goals and DH does much better when I am also tracking (we use Weight Watchers). Sooo... I made a deal with hubby that if I get to X weight by June 1 (therefore also keeping him on track, which is really what he cares about much more than my weight) we would run Princess in 2019. Anyway, so optimistically joining into this thread to keep me motivated and focused!

Oh- WHEN we commit, the 10K will be on DH's 40th birthday!

I'm going to follow this just in case I do princess next year. I'm looking at another half in Saratoga about a week or two prior, so I might do that one and stay with my parents at their timeshare, which I haven't done in a few years and am seriously missing!

Following as well. Did the Wine and Dine 5k with my dd in Nov...my third time, her first. Now, she wants to do the Princess 5...so, I'll be watching for that early sign-up day!!!!! Yay.

I'm hoping that since 2019 will be the 10 year anniversary of Princess and the Frog, we will get some kind of Tiana medal since she's my favorite. I did the Princess 5k in 2017 and I'm excited to sign up for the Fairy Tale Challenge!

I just ran the 2018 5k and 10k. My best friend and I are considering signing up for the 2019 half marathon.

Still weighing the pros and cons. It’s a big jump from a 10k to a half marathon. What do you wish you knew before your first?

I just ran the 2018 5k and 10k. My best friend and I are considering signing up for the 2019 half marathon.

Still weighing the pros and cons. It’s a big jump from a 10k to a half marathon. What do you wish you knew before your first?
The jump from 10K to Half is rather gradual. As long as you train for it you'll be fine. I don't recall anything major that I felt I wish I knew about before my first half. I made the same jump from the WDW 10K to the WDW Half.

I jumped from couch to half. What do I wish I had known? Mainly, the importance of trusting my training and racing in conjunction with what I trained to do from the start.

The jump from 10K to Half is rather gradual. As long as you train for it you'll be fine. I don't recall anything major that I felt I wish I knew about before my first half. I made the same jump from the WDW 10K to the WDW Half.
The key to me is the part about training. I trained well enough to successfully finish my first half, but I let fear of failure, nerves, and excitement get the better of me before my first race and I started out substantially faster than I had trained. This led to feeling like I had shin splints and nearly quitting less than half a mile into the race. Finally I slowed down and raced at what I had trained to. I finished, but that first race was a very mixed experience for me.

It is also easily the most pain I've felt after a race, even including subsequent multi race challenge weekends or the sheer insanity and some stupidity of a 3 week training plan for the 2017 Superheroes Half out in Disneyland. When I run the race I trained for, I have a lot more fun instead of focusing on how fast everyone else around me appears to be.

Distance training is a mental game. If you train well and trust the training program, your body can do it. It's your mind that gets in the way. Build up a good running base and read all the books about half/full marathon training. Many of them will touch on the mental aspect and you can make your mental game plan. Then when it gets closer to when you are ready to officially train for the half, you have a strong start. I went from being a non-runner to doing the PHM nearly 6 years ago. I didn't fully train because I got sick a few weeks before the race but I put in enough to finish and felt great.

Did anyone else read the rumors that this race is going to be canceled/moved/rerouted due to road closures in Feb/March 2019? I think it’s just internet rumors now, but the it spooked me out of a DVC point rental I was seeking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!