2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I just ran the 2018 5k and 10k. My best friend and I are considering signing up for the 2019 half marathon.

Still weighing the pros and cons. It’s a big jump from a 10k to a half marathon. What do you wish you knew before your first?

I jumped from a 10K to the Challenge plus 5K. One thing I wish I had known more about was hydration and nutrition. I didn’t have enough fuel or water/Powerade during my first half in 2017. I now know that I need to carry my own water/Powerade because the course water stops aren’t enough for me. I sweat a lot when I run. It’s gross. I also need to eat something about every 3-4 miles. Everyone is different so what I do won’t necessarily work for you.

Did anyone else read the rumors that this race is going to be canceled/moved/rerouted due to road closures in Feb/March 2019? I think it’s just internet rumors now, but the it spooked me out of a DVC point rental I was seeking.
Doesn’t make sense to me as a lot of the road construction will be nearing completion in 2019.

Did anyone else read the rumors that this race is going to be canceled/moved/rerouted due to road closures in Feb/March 2019? I think it’s just internet rumors now, but the it spooked me out of a DVC point rental I was seeking.
Maybe the rumor started to cause exactly that?

We are 50% decided on this race. Depends on a couple life things going on right now.

I finally convinced my 16 y/o DD to do the 5K with me 2019. I did the half in 2017 and the FTC in 2018, will hopefully do the 5K and the Challenge in 2019.

Hello fellow princesses! I just finished my 5th glass slipper and 6th princess weekend with some of yall and I have mixed feelings. 2013 was my first half marathon and this weekend has a super soft spot in my heart. Luckily I have a super supportive hubby that says I can do this weekend as many times as I want. With that said, there are a few rough spots this year that almost make me reconsider. Firstly I was dressed as a skeleton mermaid and 17.5 weeks pregnant with my second this time (did the same thing two years ago with my first) and the warm weather was unavoidable. I really love the long wide stretch of the race where you can spread out from the group (before heading up the green army man onramp). I think all of the construction and the change up of the expo (going to 3 buildings now rather than 2) made me really reconsider if I will continue this weekend. I am hoping the roads are prettier for next year. I love the spirit of this weekend and hope the rude people don't sour anyone's experience too much. Thanks to all the nice ladies who danced with a preggo lady before the runs. Nursing my son last year during the weekend was tough but I think I can do it. See all of the circles my brain is going in.

With all of the pros and cons I was set to "let it go" for 2019...until I hung my medals up at my office...now I'm really struggling. Heaven help me if they do an early registration for past runners like last year because I will not be able to stop myself. Anyone else in the same boat trying to decide? Rundisney it would be nice if you don't jump up the prices again...I am really hoping they feel they are at the bubble soon.

@mbwhitti wants to run this ... ugh. I will do it because I love her, but please let this weekend be Tiana-themed.

Oh! If it were Tiana . . . that would be fantastic!

I think 2019 might mark the 50th anniversary of the release of Sleeping Beauty, though. Is that right?

I'm just gonna hope for Tiana ::yes::

ETA: 1959 . . . so that's 60th anniversary . . . I'm bad at math :D

Last edited:
Oh! If it were Tiana . . . that would be fantastic!

I think 2019 might mark the 50th anniversary of the release of Sleeping Beauty, though. Is that right?

Wow Sleeping Beauty was released in 1959. I predicted it would be sleeping beauty for 2018 and snow white for 2017. Since snow white was this year, maybe I am just a year early. They used to hint at the next years theme with the mile 13 banner...but 2016 had snow white and they mixed it up on us. Here is to almost a year of waiting, guesses, and rumors.

I’ve still only seen one person stating this as fact. He says it’s bc Disney just pulled construction permits for that timeframe.

But after the hullabaloo of Star Wars lightside and how angry they made everyone, I don’t know that they would do it again on purpose.

princess: 2017 was my first 5k ever, then had spinal surgery in 6/17, now I'm back for 2019! Cruise booked from 2/17-2/21, then we'll be at WDW for 4 days so I can do the 5k!

Looking forward to being able to do the early DVC registration this time around!

Any ideas on the earliest possible date registration will be open? I am a passholder and also did this year's race. Is it true that the previous year's runners have early access to signing up? Wanting to avoid the stress and anxiety of that first day registration!

Any ideas on the earliest possible date registration will be open? I am a passholder and also did this year's race. Is it true that the previous year's runners have early access to signing up? Wanting to avoid the stress and anxiety of that first day registration!

I participated in the 2017 Princess weekend, and received an email with a link for early registration for the 2018 Princess weekend on March 9. The subject of the email was "Thank you for participating," so the subject line gave no clue about early registration. No idea if they will continue that this time around for the 2019 Princess weekend, but just wanted to give a heads up as to the timeline from last year.

Interestingly, minutes after I made my post, I received a "thank you for participating" email from Run Disney. No link, and no mention, of early registration this time around.

I've decided to take 2019 off, but my mom wants to do the 10k in 2020 for her 60th (my 30th) so I think we're going to try to get a big group of family and friends to sign up to do some of the races. Jenna thinks we should aim to fill a Tower of Terror car.

I'm going to aim to do the challenge + 5k in 2020! Wish me luck!

Good luck to the 2019 princesses!

Lately AP/DVC early registration has been the Thursday before general registration. If RD keeps to that schedule, it would be June 7th at noon EST.

They sent out emails last year, but I never got one even though I ran all three races.

Lately AP/DVC early registration has been the Thursday before general registration. If RD keeps to that schedule, it would be June 7th at noon EST.

They sent out emails last year, but I never got one even though I ran all three races.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info!

I participated in the 2017 Princess weekend, and received an email with a link for early registration for the 2018 Princess weekend on March 9. The subject of the email was "Thank you for participating," so the subject line gave no clue about early registration. No idea if they will continue that this time around for the 2019 Princess weekend, but just wanted to give a heads up as to the timeline from last year.

Thanks for that tip! I will definitely be watching for that email if it comes through!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!