2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Add my husband to the list of people begging to dine with Snow White at Artist's Point. I'm sure he'll ask me about it every single day until I can book it. Fingers crossed I can get a reservation. We're there for almost two weeks, and I'm hoping that will give us enough opportunities. At least we have CRT as a back-up, assuming Snow White will still be there once this opens.

I can’t believe the half and the challenge aren’t sold out yet!

I can’t believe the half and the challenge aren’t sold out yet!

Me too! I'm honestly shocked. Especially since the 10K sold out within about 50 minutes and the 5K within like 9-10 hours. So it's not like the weekend as a whole has become super unpopular or anything. I check every few days out of curiosity and am always surprised they're still open.

Does anyone have a guess when volunteer registration will open? I know the registration for marathon weekend opens Tuesday, but all the information about Princess is for last year’s race.

Does anyone have a guess when volunteer registration will open? I know the registration for marathon weekend opens Tuesday, but all the information about Princess is for last year’s race.

I’ve been checking the site too hoping for an update.

I feel like the email about volunteering for 2018 came in November? I must have deleted it so I can't be sure, though.

I wish it would just sell out already, because I don't want to look at the half any more! I have made my decision, I have made my decision...

Seriously. "Just" the 10K. That's all. No more. Continued injuries, I need to lose weight again without the issues that training for a Half cause. (started the new WW through the app "I track bites" and am down 6lbs in 2 weeks woo!) And I do NOT have the money for more.

Seriously. "Just" the 10K. That's all. No more. Continued injuries, I need to lose weight again without the issues that training for a Half cause. (started the new WW through the app "I track bites" and am down 6lbs in 2 weeks woo!) And I do NOT have the money for more.

Same. As some of you might know, I got injured really badly in 2015, then did “just” the 5K in 2016 and “just” the 5K and 10K in 2017. After that, I was determined to do all 3 for the anniversary year. I did, and it was really amazing but also really hard. This time, I tossed around the decision abou 2019 for a long time. I was all ready to register for all 3 races when I realized it was more stressful to think about doing it than not. Running long distance is not my thing. It’s really hard and I have to really want it. I want to spend the next year and change falling in love with running again. If I do another half I want it to be because I really want to and am excited about it, not because I feel like I need to.

P.S. Congrats on your weight loss! I’m still at it, using ProTracker.

Same. As some of you might know, I got injured really badly in 2015, then did “just” the 5K in 2016 and “just” the 5K and 10K in 2017. After that, I was determined to do all 3 for the anniversary year. I did, and it was really amazing but also really hard. This time, I tossed around the decision abou 2019 for a long time. I was all ready to register for all 3 races when I realized it was more stressful to think about doing it than not. Running long distance is not my thing. It’s really hard and I have to really want it. I want to spend the next year and change falling in love with running again. If I do another half I want it to be because I really want to and am excited about it, not because I feel like I need to.

P.S. Congrats on your weight loss! I’m still at it, using ProTracker.

We need to get together at Princess! I would love to catch up! And I think it's good to be honest about what you want. The 10K is my sweet spot. It's my favorite distance. I would go out and run one and love it no matter what. A half I talk myself in to every time. (And of course I'm doing the challenge because I seem to be a sucker for them...)

And my reality is that a half would be a lot more enjoyable if I would lose some darn weight!

Just entered my Proof of Time! I know I won't be running a faster race in the next couple of months, so I decided to just submit my half from June. Does anyone have an example of how the Proof of Times matched up with corrals for last year?

I feel like the email about volunteering for 2018 came in November? I must have deleted it so I can't be sure, though.

That's how I feel about Star Wars weekend. Signed up to do the 10k while the BF is doing the challenge and FOMO is real. But I keep telling myself it's physically too much to do Princess and the Star Wars challenge. I also started WW this week, don't have too much left to lose but needed to try something different.

We need to get together at Princess! I would love to catch up! And I think it's good to be honest about what you want. The 10K is my sweet spot. It's my favorite distance. I would go out and run one and love it no matter what. A half I talk myself in to every time. (And of course I'm doing the challenge because I seem to be a sucker for them...)

And my reality is that a half would be a lot more enjoyable if I would lose some darn weight!

Definitely! Maybe not Ohana again. lol

I totally agree about the 10K! I love them because I’m challenged without being miserable, and it doesn’t take forever to train for them. I’d like do do another challenge, but I was just feeling too stressed about proof of time and training this year. If I’m going to spend months stressed out about it, what’s the point? I literally was minutes from registering for all 3 before I made this decision.

Losing weight does make it easier, but it’s still freaking hard to train for a half! You can do it. If you’re disciplined enough to train, I’d bet you can lose weight.

Any time! I’ve gotten a lot of invaluable advice here on the boards, so I try to pay it back whenever I can!

Check out the prices of the value resorts, as well as the others to compare. Also know that you can book a room, and if a promotional discount comes up after the fact, you can call and have it applied to your reservation. As I said before, we liked the convenience of the transportation. The resort was close to ESPN where the expo is, which was great because we totally underestimated how long we would spend there! We were offered the option to turn down housekeeping services at the resort, and received a Disney gift card for it, which was a nice additional savings if you don’t mind forgoing daily housekeeping.

Good luck with your search!

Best advice! Just called the TA and booked a room at a Value Resort. He made it so simple and included the park tickets. Now I just need our flights and I am all set. I no longer feel like my head is spinning out of control.

You mentioned the promotions can be applied later. Where do I continue to check for such promotions?

Thank you again!!

Best advice! Just called the TA and booked a room at a Value Resort. He made it so simple and included the park tickets. Now I just need our flights and I am all set. I no longer feel like my head is spinning out of control.

You mentioned the promotions can be applied later. Where do I continue to check for such promotions?

Thank you again!!
So glad to hear it! I found the promotion we used last year on the Disney World website itself. If you hover over the "Places to Stay" link at the top, on the right side of the menu that opens up they have a few highlighted promotions, and then there's a link underneath that says "View Special Offers" where you can see the promotions available at that time. I would check there periodically. I don't have much experience with TA's, but I know some search for promotions for you! I think sometimes Disney emails offers as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I'm sure there are posts in the Budget forums as well, and maybe some people here can offer some additional places to find promotions!

Here's a link to the Special Offers page:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

Regular discounts for February 2018 came out on 10/03/17, AP rates on 11/3/17 & FL resident 11/28/17. They don’t always stick to the same schedule, but they are coming soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter