2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

My pre-registration email came today. I can update my POT and shirt size later... if anything changes, that is. I'd really like a size chart for this year; anyone know when it will come out?

Also, are 5K shirts unisex? I'll probably need a kids size if that's the case.

5ks are cotton and unisex.

I’m not sure you can change shirt size. Princess shirts run somewhat smaller than the other races, I’ve noticed.

They have a dynamic shirt exchange program; you just have to make sure you have time in case no one has turned in your shirt size yet.

My pre-registration email came today. I can update my POT and shirt size later... if anything changes, that is. I'd really like a size chart for this year; anyone know when it will come out?

Also, are 5K shirts unisex? I'll probably need a kids size if that's the case.

5k and I think kids races are unisex cotton. 10k and up are tech material and ladies cut for princess. I always have to get men's cut and triple check that they are men's since volunteers love to assume since I'm female I want female cut

I always have to get men's cut and triple check that they are men's since volunteers love to assume since I'm female I want female cut

Don’t they have the men and women shirts physically separated now? As in different lines to stand in?

as of princess I almost got woman's cut so either volunteer was being "helpful" or the lines weren't separate

I don’t remember separate lines. I just remember lines for size and that there were different bins behind the counter.

I keep looking every day to see if the half or Fairy Tale Challenge are still open. Princess is the only WDW race weekend I haven’t done and I’m seriously considering biting the bullet and doing it next year.

I keep looking every day to see if the half or Fairy Tale Challenge are still open. Princess is the only WDW race weekend I haven’t done and I’m seriously considering biting the bullet and doing it next year.

Is it unusual for these to still be open? I remember a few years ago having to register for the princess half the day it opened and it sold out quickly.

Is it unusual for these to still be open? I remember a few years ago having to register for the princess half the day it opened and it sold out quickly.
It is. I’m shocked, but I keep checking because I know it could sell out at any time. I need to decide soon.

My friend ended up registering for the half last week, so I will get to run with a friend for one of the races now :) It worked out very well for me that it wasn't sold out haha

I’m registered for the 5K and the Half! Wish I would have registered for the 10K too

Could you register for the challenge and then ask for a refund on the half? I think they have allowed that in the past. That way you can do all 3 races?

Could you register for the challenge and then ask for a refund on the half? I think they have allowed that in the past. That way you can do all 3 races?

In the past you register for the challenge, then write them, and you're refunded PART of the Half registration b/c they take a fee out of it. But yes the PP could do that since I haven't heard of it being discontinued.

I’m registered for the 5K and the Half! Wish I would have registered for the 10K too

If the Challenge is available, you can transfer into the Challenge from the Half. Direct from RunDisney on the website:

• Registrations may be transferred within the same race weekend, to a different race distance, as long as the desired race distance is not sold out. The Guest must first register for the new event for the transfer to be valid; any difference in registration price the for a lesser distance (if any) will be refunded and then a transfer processing fee will be applied.
The transfer fee in the past was $75. I transferred into a Challenge back in 2016 and it was a simple process.

Does anyone know what the awards are for the top 5 runners in each age group?
They are plaques you can hang with the race logo and your division and place. I think they are really nice, my brother has 2 of them.

Transfer fee is $45 - wine and dine page still lists it "$45 transfer processing fee."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter